Whatcha Readin'?

What book/s are you reading at the moment?

I’ve just finished Cross by James Patterson.

Quite good really

David Baldacci - last man standing

Six months in Sudan

Alex McBride - Defending The Guilty
Alison Bruce - Cambridgeshire Murders

Has just started reading No Off Switch again, fantastic book by the youngster from Radio 1

Just downloaded the latest Jack Reacher but that’ll have to wait until I’ve finished an excellent book about a war dog in Afghanistan, the book is called “It’s all about Treo” and I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Reading one called ‘Flight’ - about a cargo pilot who got caught up in some dodgy arms deal, and also a children’s book called ‘De Gekte van Mees Santing’ - The Madness of Mees Santing - as part of my ongoing quest to learn Dutch.

Also got News from Gardenia on my Kindle, by Robert Llewelyn, which I read when I forget the other two and leave them in the lorry…

Gary

Just like the moaster I downloaded “Never go Back” by Lee Child. Halfway through at the moment and it’s a cracking read, as are all the other “Reacher” books, including the recent novelette only available as download e-book.

Dominion by c j samson.
Real good set in the early 50s against the backdrop of britain surendering to the germans in 1940 and becoming a puppet state.

One of the best audio books I ever listened to was called Jackdaws, it’s about Britain’s woman’s SOE agents in WW2. Read perfectly but so addictive I never wanted to get out of the truck. Others were the adventures of Sergeant Jack Tanner in WW2, three audio books in that series I think but all of these are worth the download.

Got just three to go to finish Bernard Cornwells Sharpe novels.Have just read The Brethren by John Grisham good read.The Lake House by James Patterson is next and I like Patricia Cornwells Scarpette thrillers.I like the odd biography or autobiography as long as the subject has been around for a while :slight_smile: .One of my favorite books “Billy Ruffian” this is the story of the Bellerophon a ship of the line,1782-1836 known to her crew as Billy Ruffian.From her birth in a shipyard in Rochester to her death in a breakers yard fifty four years later. Written Brilliantly by David Cordingly in my opinion. And I will certainly be having a look at some of the titles mentioned on this thread,you can’t beat a good book.Thanks Mike.

tintin comics :slight_smile:

Plenty of ■■■■ :wink: hope this helps :smiley:

tango boy:

I was gonna say that but I tho I dont wanna be the typical perverted trucker :slight_smile:

Legend_Scania:

tango boy:

I was gonna say that but I tho I dont wanna be the typical perverted trucker :slight_smile:

Always here to help you out my friend :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

Legend_Scania:

tango boy:

Always here to help you out my friend :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile:

“A short history of nearly everything” by Bill Bryson. I USED to be fun at parties, then I discovered the joys of being dull. It`s actually a mind boggling read about…well…nearly everything.

■■■■■■■:
“A short history of nearly everything” by Bill Bryson. I USED to be fun at parties, then I discovered the joys of being dull. It`s actually a mind boggling read about…well…nearly everything.

That bloke can write a book can’t he. Not read a bad one yet

Hes a dry ol stick for a yank, aint he? Wasnt overawed by the “thunderbolt kid” though, & I might give the Shakespeare one a miss. The “notes from” books are pure literary genius, and I recommend them to anyone.

I’ve got that Bill Bryson book and often dip into it. Yes, quite awesome really.
Last book I read was about Captain Bligh and the book before that was about Shackleton ( not the chair maker I hasten to add).