Whatcha Readin'?

a prisoner of birth by Jeff Archer

Just read " The Man Who Never Was " dont know the author , brilliant true story about putting a body into the water to fool the germans re invasion of Scicily

Just finished The Fear Index by Robert Harris,
Got a Terry Pratchett Lords and Ladies.
Then as Im about 2 books behind on the
Jack Reacher Books I will be hoping for
a charity shop find.

I’m a Bill Bryson fan too - currently reading AT HOME . He lives a few miles away, Wramplingham near Wymondham.
Just read OPERATION MINCEMEAT by Ben Macintyre - an up to date version of the body in the sea as previously mentioned.
The Kindle is a brilliant device, but I have problems sometimes with the reproduction of the dialogue and punctuation.
If you like a decent crime thriller then the Jeffrey Deaver books are good - the Lincoln Rhime ones in particular. Jim

oatcake1967:
Just finished The Fear Index by Robert Harris,
Got a Terry Pratchett Lords and Ladies.
Then as Im about 2 books behind on the
Jack Reacher Books I will be hoping for
a charity shop find.

I just read a Jack Reacher one after seeing the film. I forgot the title as it’s in the truck and I’m not! Good read though. :sunglasses:

I’m reading the third book in this trilogy

amazon.co.uk/Philip-J.-Cook/e/B00CBJUYMW

although tbh I haven’t done much reading for a couple of months now :blush: :blush: :blush:

tamarman:
Just read " The Man Who Never Was " dont know the author , brilliant true story about putting a body into the water to fool the germans re invasion of Scicily

author was (Lt. Cdr.) Ewen Montagu - published in 1954. The man in question is now thought to have been be a 34yr old homeless, illegitimate tramp from S.Wales named Glyndwr Michael. The poor man was discovered in an abandoned warehouse in Kings Cross and was taken to St. Pancras hospital suffering from the effects of drinking rat poison in an ultimately successful suicide attempt. This caused a fluid build-up in his lungs which could be seen as consistent with drowning at sea. Kinda ironic that such a wretched soul was a key figure in the course of WWII.

“Who I Am” - Pete Townshend. Awesome book.

Almost as good as “DearBoy - The Life of Keith Moon” :stuck_out_tongue:

DearBoy:

I read that (Keith Moon one) I’ll borrow the other one off of you! :wink:

Ian Rankin. Various books, all good.

bigvern1:

DearBoy:

I read that (Keith Moon one) I’ll borrow the other one off of you! :wink:

The good lady wife bought me the book last crimbo so would squash my nads if I passed it on - books become ornamental after being read in our house!

If you PM me an address I’ll happily send you a copy of the ‘Who I Am’ audiobook, which is read by the great man himself. Good listening in the cab :smiley:

You’ll have to ask admin…I’m on pre-mod LOL. Cheers buddy! :sunglasses:

I am currently reading " A History Of Glue " I cant put it down…I will get my coat :blush:

viz