Whatas this all about?

I tried to add an avatar and got this wtf is this all about?.

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/86139008343f06b31b9320.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/truck/tnuk/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 241

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/truck/tnuk/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:241) in /home/truck/tnuk/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 535

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/truck/tnuk/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:241) in /home/truck/tnuk/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 537

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/truck/tnuk/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:241) in /home/truck/tnuk/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 538

Your avatars showing o.k jammy the only thing I can think of is that it was to big originally and thats why you got those messages

pam

I tried to upload it to the site but it woudlnt work hence linking it to off site now.

We’ve been having loads of problems with this one, it’s not just you. The US techie-types have been trying to get to the bottom of it for ages - well, ever since we got our own server, which is when it started - but still no joy… :cry: :cry: :cry:

The simple solution if you need your avatar (or would like your avatar) to be hosted directly on the site is to e-mail it to Rikki at UKAdmin@Truck.Net, being sure to put TruckNet UK in the subject line (hence avoiding the spam filter) and your username in the body of the message. :wink:

In the meantime, it’s actually bloody handy that you’ve managed to copy and paste the error messages above, as no-one’s ever thought to do so before (they won’t appear on our PC network because we’ve got an FTP link to the server), so that’ll give the US guys a bit more to work with…Thanks! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

while on the subject of avatars, 80x80 is a bit small these days, can we have bigger avatars?

The 80x80 thing is really for avatars which are hosted on our servers…it’s a bandwidth issue, I’m told… :cry: :cry: :cry:

Since these have to be uploaded manually by Rikki just now, he’s shrinking any oversize ones as he goes. :bulb:

As for avatars hosted off-site, we tend to be fairly liberal. My personal rule of thumb is that if it noticeably distorts the page on my screen, it has to diet!!! There are a few which are borderline - teddy’s Brum FC one springs immediately to mind - but which haven’t yet caused a problem…the day they do is the day they get threatened with deletion if they don’t go to Weight Watchers a bit sharpish (other slimming software is available… :wink: )…! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wide pics/graphics tend to cause more problems than long ones, if you see what I mean…but as long as you don’t kick the arse out of it, bigger than 80x80 is fine… :grimacing: