What you reckon?(job)

jobsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/vacdet … =915586905

7-7 x 4 days = 48 hours a week and not 40 !!!..

It looks like a decent job providing they can get their sums right in the future it also means weekends probably but it would suit me looks like a nice easy number.

Could be 7-7 with an hour for lunch and an hour for tea. That’d give you 40 WORKING hours a week.

Conor:
Could be 7-7 with an hour for lunch and an hour for tea. That’d give you 40 WORKING hours a week.

That would have been on the news by now " Britains first drivers employer gives employees more than 45 minutes break a day".

Sounds like the firm I work for. We have a depot at Wakefield and the hours and job spec are the same. We work a different shift system though. The 40 hours is 8 hrs a day between 7am and 7pm. Our depot works 7am til 4 pm and the following week 10am till 7pm both shifts have an hour for lunch. Wage is salaried and we have to work alternate Saturdays for 5 hours overtime but paid at single time. We only work Monday to Friday on a normal week. Perks are good and work not difficult. Pick up damaged vehicle from Customer or Garage and deliver courtesy car if required. When repaired take customer car back and collect courtesy car, its a doddle.

Regards
Westie

sounds like a good job money seems ok for what you are doing but do you have to be on call out.

I’m missing something here,(not unusual) why do you need a hgv for a seven and a half tonner?. I applied for a job like this but with motrbikes,but some bugger beat me to it.

Hi JD.

No call outs. The 18k I think is with bonuses, the established branches are getting quite good bonuses but because we are a new startup we are not at a level where we are making bonuses. The basic at Teesside is 15.6k, bonuses can add up to £250 per month, Profit related pay is 10% of annual salary paid in April each year. We are part of an Insurance group so all insurance policies attract a good discount, plus lots of other perks. The 4 vehicles we have at the moment are 2 x 10 tonners with twin decks and 2 x 7.5 tonners with sliding body and spec frame on the back, pay is the same which ever you drive. The branch at Wakefield is one of the larger branches and that is why they work 4 on 4off and because of this may have a differenct pay structure. We have 14 Branches altogether with a new one coming on line later this year in Bristol.

Regards
Westie