Sociable hours

Well I’m listening to all the input but frankly there seams to be doom and gloom around
HGV.
All I here is long unsociable hours
I’m not getting the long HGV restricted to
9 hours per day and 10 hours twice a week
I think I work now
Every other week
11 hours per day then a Sat morning
The second week
Basic 7-4 and sat morning

Im really confused
What’s the score
What are the real hours
And is it so bad

I’m totally torn here

Cmon settle my confused little head here
Yesterday ok just in car I drove from
East Cleveland to Wolverhampton in the car mind and back
Is this the kind of day expected or further
A round trip of nearly 8 hours with traffic

Cheers
Robbo

The 9 & 10 hours are what you can legally drive
duty time is different you can work up to 13 hours and 11 hours rest in a 24 hour period that can be extended to 15 hours 9 hours rest 3 times a week
Hopefully ROG will be along to explain better

As for how bad the job is so will say it’s total crap and some love it :laughing:
For me I’ve worked for some shockers doing multi drop food delivery
The best for hours and pay but was hard work was a recycling round directly working for my local council 6am start home by 1pm -3pm

lorry drivers have always been moaners,it’s part of the job description :laughing:

Did M-F 7pm-7:30am on a double man truck when i started this. Paid £403 net for 60 hours a week and driving about 27 hours a week. Sounds great having your saturday and sunday off but really you only have the sunday off as you finish on saturday morning.

Recently changed to a 5pm start job n finish on single man 4 on 4 off on 48 hours a week driving roughly 40 hours for the same money. The extra days off make the job much more pleasurable and sociable. You also have the chance of finishing early if all goes to plan which is good for me aswell.

Again im new to this mate so i might still not be twisted up with how things have changed over the years. Im happy enough although its probably the lowest ive been earning over the years and some things will need sacrificed but i wanted to try it.

I’ve been drawn toward the construction runs. Start usually between 630 & 730 and if I’m finished later than 4 then it’s very usual.

On a good day I can be home and playing with my little boy by 3.

You can find sociable hours on lorries, but most cases they don’t pay very well, you either have to work shortish hours early starts some weekends on a rota basis for better money or you do a 5 day week with long hours incl nights out to earn the bucks with the average haulier.
Some jobs combine the two, shortish hours and high pay but they are rare to find, and those who have them keep them closely guarded because it probably took them a lifetime to find it.