What you getting paid these days?

Im working for Sainsbury’s in Sunny Scotland £9.82 between 6am and 6pm then £11.45 between 6pm and 6am, after 50 hours(and I know thats a fair bit!) we go up to £12ph. I think we are on a good rate what do the rest of you think?

I’ve done a fair bit of agency work in the Lanarkshire / Central belt area.
I would say you are on good money

Some agencies, depending on contract, are not paying time and a half after eight hours.

I aint getting paid a fat lot at all right now! But that rate seems a good one, whats it, about 471 quid if you get paid 48 hours on days.

mainly cash but get the odd free crate of ale now and again.

got a free ice box last night :wink:

really 23.5 pa

keeps me fed and watered and a roof over me head :sunglasses:

jon

on the agency £9.25 ph and time and half after 8 hrs and £18.50 on a sunday.

£7.17 ph guaranteed 50 hrs but its very rare i do over 45 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

£21000 48 hr average week days class 2

7.28 the same money i started on 6 months ago despite going to them with adr and class 1 and rakes of experience…

payrise promised when i got hiab ticket done…nothing …forklift done nothing…

but eh ho on sick pulled muscle in shoulder and cant work

LMAO i take home £210 for a 47.5 hour week over 6 days for speedy hire i will name and shame its a joke 34yo and taking kids money. :imp:

Just over a grand a month (before tax) Technically i’m stil only a courier though as i dont actually drive anything over 7.5t until i have this poxy company assesment.
I’ll let DHL have until xmas to do the assesment then i’m out of there if they havent.

They’re currently really short on Class 2 drivers on nights, so they’re employing agency drivers at about £15ph cost to the company rather than pay me the £7.
They even sent myself and another driver out in two sprinters at £6.68 ph to do bulks rather than let me drive the 18 tonner with the whole lot on!

who are the agencies to work for up there? im buying a house in Stirling next year so i will be looking for work to pay for it :laughing:

A smidgen under 25k . Based on working week off 53 hours ( night’s )
Never have i done 53 hour’s , thinking about it i,m lucky to get over 45 hrs pw .
Still get paid the same rate though …salaried .

on 9 pound hour at moment 45 hrs guaranteed doing about 40 class 2 drivers on the same wage overtime paid at normal rate .1350 hr if your rest day falls on a saturday works out about 310 take home

Just over £20,000 a year doing around 42 hours a week (and I really have to drag it out to put those hours in :sunglasses: ).

Could potentially earn more but I don’t need the cash and just can’t be bothered.

Bad news is 6.50 an hour
Good news is there are plenty of hours !!

I’m driving a six wheel DAF 75 for a firm that subs for Tarmac.
Spend a lot of the day sitting in the cab waiting to tip so average 60 hours a week…

We can earn between £30K and £35K but you have to put up with the shifts, also you never know what you are going to be doing im not that bothered but you could come in to a Haydock trunk or be kickin about local all night I know some guys like a routine, but I believe we are paid for being flexible!

26 big G’s a year, 8 legger tipper, 8 hrs a day :smiley:
Just wish I could stay clean

£8.06 for 9 hours aday. £12.09 after.

£28.15 a night out and £2.10dark money from 20.00 to 06.00

Good pension.

They want us to accept a salary of £27k for the WTD.
Last year our top earner did £42k and i did £34k.That was no weekends and an average of 2-3 nights out.

Tony b

I’m on a salary, so its the same every week whether its a 5 or a 6 day week.
We saunter into the yard sometime between 9 and 10 am. Then we’re on the road for about 11 ish. A short run down to the ferry at North Shields or a longer one down to the ferry from Hull (Hull is a long :frowning: run on a Sunday).
The boss is one of the better ones. Keeps us at near enough the RTD average of 48 hours a week and doesn’t bother us with unnecessary phone calls.

Including night out money, I take home £425 a week.

Salary of £27450 nights, no weekend working and every 3rd week we have either the monday or friday off for a nice 3 day break,
25 days holiday, all bank hols off, sick pay at 80% & a good pension. 10hrs is a big night.
Best thing ever this WTD :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: