What would you offer for scania centurion

alright chaps spotted a 143 topline/streamline 450 other day parked up in a yard hidden in cornor , they dont use it apart from the odd trailer move around yard .

i inquired about purchasing it seams as if he dont want to sell it as it was first truck that started with .

he has suggested i have a think about what i would offer and let him no so can think it through.

its a M plate if remember correct 450 scania centurion cant remember number , red , 600+km , looks a well looked after unit and chaps in garage reckon its spot on as my inital thoughts was maybe its broken.

what would you suggest the offering rate to start with ■■ dont want to take the ■■■■ but dont want to be paying over odd,s , will come with mot but need tax , mecanicaly spot on just needs disc in window as ready to run .

thanks

can appreciate hard trying to value such thing just not sure where to start

M plate, not a centurian :wink:

i was guessing its a M plate :laughing: had 4 diffrent reg plates this week .

is a genuine one though

A quid

2 balloons & a goldfish

I sold a P reg 450 for 12 grand in late 06, but that was mint & MOT’d etc.

I’d offer him 2 grand & see what happens, you never know… you can always raise your offer :wink:

The Centurian bit (if indeed it is) may push up the value, but it won’t really have much of an impact until it’s a proper vintage lorry, which won’t be for another 5 or 6 years at least, then it would have to be 100% authentic to make it different from a run of the mill 143.

Whatever, I reckon it’s the best lorry ever made, Centurian or not.

Hi

Scania Centurion 002 has recently been sold for more than £14,000 on ebay.

Seems too new as a M reg to be a Centurion as someone mentioned.

Regards

TWO GOLD FISH AND A BALLOON…SCAARNIA OVERRTED

next time you are in the yard, take some photos.

It’s not a Scania Centurian but it might of interest if you’re in the market for something on those lines.

http://www.euro-wheels.com/sales_details.php?ID=301&image=143.jpg

Or this if you’re after a classic, but I reckon that’s going to be big money.

http://www.euro-wheels.com/sales_details.php?ID=293&image=CNV00149.jpg

The best bit of this website is the gallery.
http://www.euro-wheels.com/

muckles:
It’s not a Scania Centurian but it might of interest if you’re in the market for something on those lines.

wouldn’t touch that scania used to own it about 4 years ago bought it off a complete animal spent alot getting through test it never pulled right reg was n655 fkj

Darren, is that the old red one that was originally Paul Salmons?

newmercman:

yes mate we had it off dave g when we sold him the black one.

There`s an old 141 in Classic Comercials asking £30,000 :laughing:

530power:

newmercman:

yes mate we had it off dave g when we sold him the black one.

That’s a dog then, it was never a good motor & dave G never looked after it :unamused:

i reckon a straight swap for a 09 plate volvo might be fair :laughing:

530power:

muckles:

wouldn’t touch that scania used to own it about 4 years ago bought it off a complete animal spent alot getting through test it never pulled right reg was n645 fkj

Either yr mistaken with the reg number or you’ve just slagged off my mates motor. The reg is actually N655FKJ. (I suspect yr memory is slightly out)

MR VAIN:

530power:

muckles:

wouldn’t touch that scania used to own it about 4 years ago bought it off a complete animal spent alot getting through test it never pulled right reg was n645 fkj

Either yr mistaken with the reg number or you’ve just slagged off my mates motor. The reg is actually N655FKJ. (I suspect yr memory is slightly out)

yeah its been 4 years your right it is n655 fkj,