What would you have done ?

Long video,I think I’d be behind bars for GBH at the moment if that had been me :smiling_imp:
youtube.com/watch?v=lnYgVl3gojg

Not what he did. kettle out, brew on.

Happens all the time in countrybumpkinland. She’s obviously not your typical “proper” local, one who knows the score.
4-ways on, window up, engine off, newspaper out.

Yep.
Inside eyelid inspection time [emoji99]

Don’t we just love delivering to farms !

Did not watch it right through but got the jist of it.
My job involves me using those types of roads every week.
I get all kinds of types I meet on those roads from the very helpful to the downright agressive and many in between.
In this type of case there would be no way in hell I would have backed up in an artic, it was much easier for her to reverse up, especially as she knows the roads ‘’ like the back of her hand’’ :unamused:
As been said, display indifference, do not argue, just act casual, tell her you are not moving and to ring the Police if she aint reversing.
Seat back, feet on dash read paper, make a tea and to ■■■■ her off, offer her a cup until the Police arrive. :smiley:

I was on a similar looking lane in the South of France a few years ago delivering one of these, Car driver ignored the pilot van about 1km in front of me then refused to reverse, I would have about 2km back to a passing point, told her I was going to bed and shut curtains, 5 mins later she knocked on cab and said she would reverse and let me through.
All part of the job !!

IMG_1612.JPG

You lads do realise that this is the fella who made the tearjerking video recorded in his bedroom where he stood up for that berk Trucker Jay and had a rant about us all on here and called us bullies etc :laughing:
It was the most cringeworthy thing I had seen for a long time seeing a grown up bloke almost reduced to tears just because some of us had the gall and audacity to say to Trucker Jay what a prick he had been in his videos. Some even tried to give Jay tips on how to control his aggression only to be met with abuse and threats from someone who looks like they couldn’t fight sleep let alone anyone else :unamused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
You lads do realise that this is the fella who made the tearjerking video recorded in his bedroom where he stood up for that berk Trucker Jay and had a rant about us all on here and called us bullies etc [emoji38]
It was the most cringeworthy thing I had seen for a long time seeing a grown up bloke almost reduced to tears just because some of us had the gall and audacity to say to Trucker Jay what a prick he had been in his videos. Some even tried to give Jay tips on how to control his aggression only to be met with abuse and threats from someone who looks like they couldn’t fight sleep let alone anyone else :unamused:

I’ve just looked for it haha. Should be a funny watch.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wouldnt be down there to start with… not that i,m not capable I used to deliver to farms but checked my routes first and any probs just called the customer for advise… following sat nav and not checked route prior…

dle1uk:
wouldnt be down there to start with… not that i,m not capable I used to deliver to farms but checked my routes first and any probs just called the customer for advise… following sat nav and not checked route prior…

I do that all the time mate, but I’m always aware they will tell you the world’s flat if they want their stuff there bad enough. (in fact in some parts of Cornwall the locals do actually think the world IS flat :smiley:

madmackem:
Not what he did. kettle out, brew on.

+1

I’d argue with her that for me to reverse with full consideration for public safety, they would have to be my “Banksman”.

The thought of having to actually perform some kind of unpaid working class effort - usually is enough to motivate that car driver to suddenly find that they do have a reverse gear after all! :sunglasses: :grimacing:

dle1uk:

Very big +1

I doubt very much that with a bit google earth research he couldn’t have found a better way in. Yes, there are plenty of backwater, bumpkin, places in the middle of no where, but you can minimise the amount of time you spend on unsuitable roads getting there.

I often find that if you do meet someone in a situation like that, that it’s quicker for me to reverse than to watch someone who is unable to reverse in a straight line try their best to stick their motor in opposing banks as they snake their way backwards.

That being said I’m only ever in a rigid, my willingness to reverse in these situations might well be different if the thing I drove bent in the middle…

If someone is that unconfident about their reversing they’ll argue over it I’ll just stick it in reverse and get going. It does help that I’m quite good at going backwards, probably better than going forwards in fact, and don’t mind showing off to agog cars drivers who can’t reverse a Mini. :wink:

switchlogic:
If someone is that unconfident about their reversing they’ll argue over it I’ll just stick it in reverse and get going. It does help that I’m quite good at going backwards, probably better than going forwards in fact, and don’t mind showing off to agog cars drivers who can’t reverse a Mini. :wink:

I admit I did not watch the full item, but do you not think that it was more bloody mindedness than lack of confidence?
Her patronising attitude did not help her case either.
I remember getting out and guiding a young girl into a verge field entrance after she told me she was not very confident at reversing, getting past her, stopping and watching her get back out.
Some people just love confrontation.

No idea didn’t watch the video! Life is to sort to be watching YouTube videos! I would have moved before it got to a debate anyway

F-reds:

dle1uk:

Very big +1

I doubt very much that with a bit google earth research he couldn’t have found a better way in. Yes, there are plenty of backwater, bumpkin, places in the middle of no where, but you can minimise the amount of time you spend on unsuitable roads getting there.

Not always the case mate, trust me. More often than not the last few miles in, there is only one suitable route in and obviously same route out.
As for ‘suitable’ roads, this does not always apply, as in real terms they are mostly ‘unsuitable’
You either go down them or you don’t deliver, it’s down to you to make that judgement, and as I said do not always rely on the farmer’s information.

I would have just sat there until she moved tbh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

switchlogic:
No idea didn’t watch the video! Life is to sort to be watching YouTube videos!

I see what you did there :smiley:

Nothing gets past me eh?
:unamused: :smiley:

I wouldn’t have moved for that pre menstral cow, just for the way she spoke to me. But as for our tearful friend, only in that situation because he blindly followed his cheap Chinese sat nav. I thought it was comical when he actually turned back onto a nice wide main road for when he got to his destination. Idiots like him can’t be trusted with technology