What would you have done ?

OVLOV JAY:
I wouldn’t have moved for that pre menstral cow, just for the way she spoke to me. But as for our tearful friend, only in that situation because he blindly followed his cheap Chinese sat nav. I thought it was comical when he actually turned back onto a nice wide main road for when he got to his destination. Idiots like him can’t be trusted with technology

Exactly what I meant, his delivery was on a road that in comparison was nearly motorway standards! Poor planning on his behalf, although I accept sometimes its unavoidable, better planning can minimise your time spent on these roads.

robroy:

dle1uk:
wouldnt be down there to start with… not that i,m not capable I used to deliver to farms but checked my routes first and any probs just called the customer for advise… following sat nav and not checked route prior…

I do that all the time mate, but I’m always aware they will tell you the world’s flat if they want their stuff there bad enough. (in fact in some parts of Cornwall the locals do actually think the world IS flat :smiley:

i know what you mean, but i skipped to the end of the vid and he turned right onto a way more acceptable road… clear he was using a car sat nav and blindly followed it…

dle1uk:

robroy:

dle1uk:
wouldnt be down there to start with… not that i,m not capable I used to deliver to farms but checked my routes first and any probs just called the customer for advise… following sat nav and not checked route prior…

I do that all the time mate, but I’m always aware they will tell you the world’s flat if they want their stuff there bad enough. (in fact in some parts of Cornwall the locals do actually think the world IS flat :smiley:

i know what you mean, but i skipped to the end of the vid and he turned right onto a way more acceptable road… clear he was using a car sat nav and blindly followed it…

Ahh the old ‘car sat nav negativity’ :smiley:
Never been a fan of over expensive truck sat navs (I can not for the life of me remember if I have ever mentioned that on here before :smiley: )

I use a car sat nav as a guide, but do everything else to ensure access, …and room to turn back around post delivery.

To be honest if I relied on a Truck sat nav to get me to my deliveries in Cornwall/Devon, it would never ‘‘let’’ me go to the vast majority of them, as many roads I go on, both side mirrors are trimming the hedges…that is ok if I have been before, but a bit arse twitching the first time wondering if the farmer who guided me by phone is a good judge of truck size when he ‘‘assures’’ me of access.

Many farmers I ring will arrange to meet me and ‘■■■■■■’ me down stopping traffic which is ideal.
The downside of that is one pillock led me about a mile to through a narrow Devon village once, got to the bottom of a hill with an impossible turning, got out of his Jeep and said ‘‘You know what driver, I don’t think you will get around after all’’

And then he ■■■■ ed off and left me. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

but blindly using a car sat nav was the problem…

dont really have a problem with what ever sat nav folk use as long as they use common sense along side it…

dle1uk:
but blindly using a car sat nav was the problem…

dont really have a problem with what ever sat nav folk use as long as they use common sense along side it…

Yeh, ok, we both agree. :smiley:

Am I the only one who remembers this video from before…
Is dementia a TNUK issue? :open_mouth:

I saw this before. He was in a rigid, did look like he’s making a deliberate drama out of reversing with hissing of brakes, stomping on them :laughing: .

I had this in an artic and tried to be polite and use common sense by coming to a mutual solution, but the car driver started up with the inner chimp childishness. I just reversed as my life had other goals that day, and sitting in a lane next to a field in the middle of the day with curtains drawn pretending to be asleep or not bothered wasn’t one of them.

A common problem it seems

drover:
ItemFix - Social Video Factory

I really worry about the human race sometimes. If someone were to wheel out that video to those two people on an important occasion relevant to each of them such as a wedding or someone’s funeral and play it to their piers, I’m sure they’d feel shame.

It’s the inner chimp. That childish, base, primordial reaction that goes against our developed higher human values and demands placed by our modern life. We get taught this model as part of applied psychology in aviation. It’s the same mechanism that causes people to fight in pubs, road rage, the “I’d show him”, and also the same mechanism that if not controlled by training causes untrained reaction on the flight deck in serious incidents that manifests as rough handling of controls, punching things in a panicked way into the flight guidance computers, a tense, short voice and complete collapse of situational awareness. Not controlling it can kill you depending on the seriousness of your situation in life.

Evil8Beezle:

No, I was thinking WTF and checking the dates thinking it was an old thread resurrection but all the posts seem to be Dec 2016.

Christ, talk about Groundhog Day, I even think some of the replies are the same.

Evil8Beezle:

Maybe people have more important things to remember rather than old internet forum threads :smiley: . I can’t say I mentally log any threads I’ve read on trucknet, it all goes into the bin but if I do remember any it’s only by accident and the funny ones :laughing:

Happens all the time up here, and it’s worse in summer when you get the tourists with the tin tents behind them. Only one answer, kettle on, kindle out, feet up and wait.

If Joe/Janet Bloggs et al want to blow a blood vessel it’s not my problem; all the patience in the world!

:smiley: :smiley:

The 44 bus in Glasgow goes through an area (cant remember the name but its near the Victoria hospital) and its single file all the way. Lots of houses and Scottish Power have a big office there so daytime is rammed with cars. I cam round the corner and got about 100 yards and met a car. I stopped expecting him to reverse as there was no where for me to go (reversing was a no go as the corners are those ones you can get round forwards but impossible backwards) ut instead he stuck his fingers up and reached down, and made a big show of getting his paper out to read. He hadnt thought this through as only one of us was getting paid while sitting so I just put the handbrake on and did nothing. After a minute, a guy came down from the top deck.
“whits goin on driver?”
“Cant move” says I “this guy wont move and I cant go back”
“Open the door. Im no waitin here aw day”
So I open the door thinking hes going to walk through the houses to the main road. Nope
He storms out and marches over to the car
“Get tae ■■■■ ya ■■■■■■■■. Move back inta that space there”
Mr “Im not moving and you cant make me” car driver couldnt get into reverse quick enough! He tried to save face by giving me the coffee bean wave as I drove past but the way he wet himself when he saw someone who could do something with no repocussions come at him was too vivid for it to have effect!

drover:

Funny looking kitchen. Did she get lost looking for the scullery?

I think the womans argument was that they had a lot further to reverse than he did. I would have probably done the same as he did in the end, except maybe rubbing her up the wrong way in the first place with the “have you ever driven a lorry”.

Wasn’t as if he had to reverse around a load of tricky bends, after getting the passenger to act as a banksman the whole thing took 5 minutes to easily & safely resolve. Sure better than sitting like a tool with your feet on the dash, trying to make a point for hours & inconveniencing everybody else trying to use the road.

rob22888:
, except maybe rubbing her up the wrong way in the first place with the “have you ever driven a lorry”.

Yeah, that and calling her fat :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

No and yes. You should tell your dad that he’s seen this before as well.

Evil8Beezle:

my opinion is that the…hang on a min…hhmmmmm…i cant remember what this post is relating to…eemmmm…could someone please pm me and let me know what im commenting on please so that i dont look like a dimentia riddled fanny??

drover:

■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ myself at this :laughing: grand work by the fella winding that ignorant cow up about her weight :grimacing: mind you should couldn’t half lift her foot up high in the air :laughing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

drover:

[zb] ■■■■■■ myself at this :laughing: grand work by the fella winding that ignorant cow up about her weight :grimacing: mind you should couldn’t half lift her foot up high in the air :laughing:

:laughing: