What would you do.

Had a tip in Grimsby this afternoon to a refrigerator engineering firm everything on pallets. Opened the curtains and the bloke came out, looked and said “wheres your pump truck? You’ve got a tail lift so you should have a pump truck” my reply was " we dont carry pump trucks for every job unless we know in advance we need one. And you’re an engineering firm but you havent got a fork lift". He then rang his boss and told him that the stuff had turned up but the muppett hadnt brought a pump truck with him…slightly annoyed me. How would you deal with it? I was polite to him before and whilst he may have been ■■■■■■ off, maybe he should have told the customer we needed a pump truck then one would have been taken

Would have told him “if im a muppet then im not expected to know I need a pump truck” not that its your job to organise one anyway like we keep getting told we just take stuff from A to B.
Would have done the curtains back up got him to sign the notes customer refused and brought it back.

Jeff.

I did say I cant read minds and had to bite my lip…

I would have phoned Muppet Towers (work) and told them what he said to me, I know they would have told me to leave site :laughing:
They are good like that in our place :wink:

As he was a bit rude, I would have just sat there and waited for him to come up with a solution. If he was a decent sort I would have gone begging for a flt or pump up, as I’ve done in the past.
What sort of firm is it that can’t/haven’t got a pump up to lend you?
Who’s the muppet?

They had a pump truck but wouldnt uae it. So they dragged em onto tail lift then carried them into worlshop between them. He moaned that there were 4 units not 2.

degsy4wheels:
‘…“wheres your pump truck? You’ve got a tail lift so you should have a pump truck” … What would you do…?’

Tell him courteously that I also have ■■■■■■■ but am unable to lactate for any needs that he may have in that regard either :open_mouth:

Maybe :wink:

Tail lift :open_mouth: I was told that was a rear door safety device :open_mouth:

degsy4wheels:

A better way to say that is…“I have hairy balls not crystal balls”

I’m amazed no one has replied describing the kinds of violence they’d inflict on him. Maybe they’re all busy telling their tales of secret SAS missions in an RDC waiting room :grimacing:

I would definitely have confronted him about it. He obviously said it so you could hear him so wanted to make something of it. Just ask him how you were supposed to know you needed a pump truck, you’re given a set of keys to a truck and told where to drive it, the rest is usually up to someone else. Unless you should’ve/were told to take a pump truck I fail to see what you’ve done wrong.

Terry T:
I would definitely have confronted him about it. He obviously said it so you could hear him so wanted to make something of it. Just ask him how you were supposed to know you needed a pump truck, you’re given a set of keys to a truck and told where to drive it, the rest is usually up to someone else. Unless you should’ve/were told to take a pump truck I fail to see what you’ve done wrong.

+1 Just another ignorant ■■■■■■■ who thinks drivers are below him

thecouch:

degsy4wheels:

A better way to say that is…“I have hairy balls not crystal balls”

:laughing:

I’m nicking that.

Tell him you could have brought a pump truck but then you’d have had to leave 2 pallets behind.

Terry T:
I’m amazed no one has replied describing the kinds of violence they’d inflict on him. Maybe they’re all busy telling their tales of secret SAS missions in an RDC waiting room :grimacing:

Well I aint ex SAS, and I don’t get involved in RDC conversations for the reasons you point out, and also I don’t inflict violence casually, but I may have made an exception to this knob who clearly has no respect and looks down on you, simply BECAUSE you are a driver, so if an initial firm and clear warning of my objection to his opinion of me did not result in an apology, maybe a couple of slack teeth would.

If he met you as a stranger in a pub he would not talk to you like that, so why does he think a goods in dept is any different, and allows him to do so?

robroy:

Terry T:

Well I aint ex SAS, and I don’t get involved in RDC conversations for the reasons you point out, and also I don’t inflict violence casually, but I may have made an exception to this knob who clearly has no respect and looks down on you, simply BECAUSE you are a driver, so if an initial firm and clear warning of my objection to his opinion of me did not result in an apology, maybe a couple of slack teeth would.

If he met you as a stranger in a pub he would not talk to you like that, so why does he think a goods in dept is any different, and allows him to do so?

^^ This 100%. I think my response would have been along the lines of “excuse me, sir, ■■■■■■■■■, I’m ■■■■■■■ stood right here when you’re quite finished” whilst offering some crazy eyes :smiling_imp:

Not the drivers problem but if the consignee had requested a tail lift delivery then I would have thought it an evens bet that a pallet truck would be needed.

matamoros:
Not the drivers problem but if the consignee had requested a tail lift delivery then I would have thought it an evens bet that a pallet truck would be needed.

Doesn’t say that a tail lift was requested, only that the truck had a tail lift :wink:

Terry T:
‘…I’m amazed no one has replied describing the kinds of violence they’d inflict on him … I would definitely have confronted him about it…’

Kettle/Pot? :unamused:

close the curtains, tell him that you are returning the goods to the supplier, politely, of course, and phone your boss telling him the situation

if you have a good boss, he will back you

degsy4wheels:
Opened the curtains and the bloke came out, looked and said “wheres your pump truck? You’ve got a tail lift so you should have a pump truck” my reply was " we dont carry pump trucks for every job unless we know in advance we need one. He then rang his boss and told him that the stuff had turned up but the muppett hadnt brought a pump truck with him…slightly annoyed me. How would you deal with it?

Option One: Forrest Gump voice ‘Poppa said life is like a box of chocolates, you just never know what you’re gonna get’…

Option Two: Start singing Muppet theme tune (loudly). “It’s time to put on make up, it’s time to hit the lights”

Option Three: With best Julian Clary voice. “Not just a Muppet, but a big hairy gay muppet that thinks you have the greatest little ■■■■ I’ve ever seen”…

:open_mouth: