What would you do?

Ok im out on my delivery round and my last delivery is a right sht and in the centre of Fowey (those Cornish folk will know the joys of Fowey) I have the choice do i drive through and park outside technically breaking the law as it is a restricted width (i know i can just get through but its tight as have done it once before) or do i make 3 trips with the sack barrow (its a hell of a long way and company policy is 100yrds and is going to put me behind schedule) Actually quite pssed off that this is a regular delivery and has not been banned problem is some drivers are refusing to drive through the restricted zone whilst others are driving it to the door :-s

Trucker-Lass22:
Ok im out on my delivery round and my last delivery is a right sht and in the centre of Fowey (those Cornish folk will know the joys of Fowey) I have the choice do i drive through and park outside technically breaking the law as it is a restricted width (i know i can just get through but its tight as have done it once before) or do i make 3 trips with the sack barrow (its a hell of a long way and company policy is 100yrds and is going to put me behind schedule) Actually quite pssed off that this is a regular delivery and has not been banned problem is some drivers are refusing to drive through the restricted zone whilst others are driving it to the door :-s

Don,t do it if it’s not legal,trouble is when the arselickers do these jobs we,re all expected to do them,I use company policy to cover myself on this sort of thing,managers crap themselves when you use this one against them in certain companies,it,s all about covering your own back.

Trucker-Lass22:

i used to have some night mare drops like this when i was on the pop… if it was use and it was safe and not casueing a problem would have driven tho… on our own heads tho

but the down side these drops were allways given to us becuase we got them done where other drivers refused to do it…

unless there’s a “except for loading” then don’t do it

I’d just drive though it, on my run we have some right ■■■■■■■ deliveries and I always get the van as close to the delivery point as possible. One ways the wrong way and everything :laughing:

dew:
I’d just drive though it, on my run we have some right [zb] deliveries and I always get the van as close to the delivery point as possible. One ways the wrong way and everything :laughing:

allways going to p someone off no matter what…

terriers:

dew:
I’d just drive though it, on my run we have some right [zb] deliveries and I always get the van as close to the delivery point as possible. One ways the wrong way and everything :laughing:

Probably, it’s their problem not mine.

dew:

terriers:

dew:

Probably, it’s their problem not mine.

thats how i used to look at it… used to annoy me that some shops wanted their delivery but didnt have ample unloaded space

I’d go through it without thought but its up to you, sometimes you have to do these things.

Saaamon:
I’d go through it without thought but its up to you, sometimes you have to do these things.

If it was daytime theres no way id contemplate it its far too busy with people that have to stand in doorways just to allow you to fit through but this delivery is scheduled for 21.50 so will be quiet.

I’d do it, if its the dead of night who is really going to bother?

P.s What is endurance riding?

stagedriver:

That’s it, my deliveries are all at night so there’s no hassle imo, just drive though.

stagedriver:

Long distance riding anything from 30-180km in a day or over 2days at a constant speed. I normally aim for 11km/hr at the min but the pros do about 20+ km/hrs.

Trucker-Lass22:

Saaamon:

If it was daytime theres no way id contemplate it its far too busy with people that have to stand in doorways just to allow you to fit through but this delivery is scheduled for 21.50 so will be quiet.

Ah i see, so its there for a reason and not just for the sake of it then.

Surely if you get get through then the restriction doesn’t apply, i remember when i worked around Slough i could get my sprinter through a 6ft restriction

nickyboy:
Surely if you get get through then the restriction doesn’t apply, i remember when i worked around Slough i could get my sprinter through a 6ft restriction

You can get an artic through most 7.5 weight limits but id say the limit still applies :wink:

Saaamon:

nickyboy:

You can get an artic through most 7.5 weight limits but id say the limit still applies :wink:

Lol!!! Good answer!!

And if it’s at 21.50 timed delivery then I would do it without hesitation, be cautious though as it will be dark, hazards on, reverse down.

Saaamon:

nickyboy:

But if its says a certain width and you fit through the restriction then it means you’re within the restriction unless there is no physical barrier.

I ended up driving it round was quiet so no problems :slight_smile: Even managed to get a pic whist driving through :stuck_out_tongue:

2012-09-17 21.15.13.jpg

Trucker-Lass22:
I ended up driving it round was quiet so no problems :slight_smile: Even managed to get a pic whist driving through :stuck_out_tongue:

Oi… Ger Off my Land!! :smiling_imp:

I’d do it, but I’d be putting it in writing everytime I got the job that you have 2 choices, break the law or break company policy.
If you’ve got a union rep, get him on it, and ask the other drivers to put it in writing too, you can do a draft for them so all they’ve got to do is sign it and put it in - some drivers are that lazy