what would you do?

if you were at a set of lights with a jump camera on,you are the first vehicle(in a rigid) at the lights with just cars behind and a ambulance with lights flashing etc is making its way through the cars as they have enough room to move over.would you go through the red lights to let the ambulance through as there is no other way of letting it through?

your thoughts please?

to be honest NO, you don’t have to move over for ambulance and plus if you got that ticket how the hell can you prove that it went past ya? :astonished:

I would stay put. YOU could cause an accident by going through a red light.

Emergency services are trained in finding a way through traffic. Stay put and let them do what they are trained to do.

Definitely not, stay where you are.
The ambulance driver can see the lights are on red, the same as everyone else. If he’s government trained enough to keep driving towards them that’s his problem. The lights will flash you, you will be prosecuted. You will lose hundreds of pounds appealing against the fine and it’s not worth it. The idiot in the ambulance or the ambulance service is very unlikely to support your appeal so ■■■■ ,im.

i’d stay put. If you go and someone hits you you’d be guilty of careless driving.

If SAFE to do so - YES
A lot would depend on this - especially the size of vehicle being driven and the situation presented at the time.
The red light camera holds no issue for me - simply explain that it was a deliberate safe move on the grounds of an emergency.

BTW - the emergency vehicle trying to get through is trying to save the life of the most precious person you know and any unnecessary delay will result in their death

Death or red light - no contest

ROG:
If SAFE to do so - YES
A lot would depend on this - especially the size of vehicle being driven and the situation presented at the time.
The red light camera holds no issue for me - simply explain that it was a deliberate safe move on the grounds of an emergency.

BTW - the emergency vehicle trying to get through is trying to save the life of the most precious person you know and any unnecessary delay will result in their death

Tell it to the magistrate. If the prosecutors are still going to prosecute people after an explanation, then stay where you are. There are two sides to a road and if the ambulance driver is stupid enough to drive into a line of parked vehicles…

Don’t forget we are living in Liebours Britain. In Liebours Britain there is no right or wrong, only wrong,(unless your a muslim). In Liebours Britain they even prosecute 71yr old ladies for pocking a finger at 17yr old hooligans.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … erman.html

redboxer850:
'…I would stay put. YOU could cause an accident by going through a red light.

Emergency services are trained in finding a way through traffic. Stay put and let them do what they are trained to do…’

Ditto

i would stay put tbh , the sirens and flashing lights are there to let you be aware of a emergancy vehicle near you , your safety and everyone around you should be your first priority…

Bernie

must say it would depend on how the traffic acts over here in Germany
most people will act correctly, and stop or move out of the vehicles way
If safe I would and have gone through red lights, any come back can be verified
by the police and to be honest never had a problem about this,

enit?:

ROG:
If SAFE to do so - YES

Tell it to the magistrate. If the prosecutors are still going to prosecute people after an explanation, then stay where you are. There are two sides to a road and if the ambulance driver is stupid enough to drive into a line of parked vehicles…

Don’t forget we are living in Liebours Britain. In Liebours Britain there is no right or wrong, only wrong,(unless your a muslim). In Liebours Britain they even prosecute 71yr old ladies for pocking a finger at 17yr old hooligans.
l

Take it you are talking about that case in Manchester where the guy got done for going across the line to let an ambulance past.

Pity the guy was just attention seeking, he paid the fine never contested it, it came out. Was basically BS, if he had explained the circumstances wouldnt have gotten the ticket. But instead decided would be more fun, more attention seeking if he paid it and didn’t contest it then get his picture in the paper.

No i wouldnt run a red light to let an ambulance past that would be stupid, but i would move out the way and cross the line if i had to, to let an ambulance past because as Rog says could be you lieing in that ambulance figthing for life.

This thread is just depressing you sit here moan about the state of the UK when in reality you are the problem with the UK, calling ambulance drivers idiots, its a lot harder to get a blue light licence than it is to go drive a HGV for a week and meet the basic minimum requirement and go out on the road cause mayhem. You would sit there in a truck ignoring a ambulance with blue flashing lights with possibly someone dieing in the back.

I aint a fan of Nu Labour but there is more people in jail than ever before, things are stricter than they were before. Muslims getting away with things, think your living in fantasy land, i’d hate to be Asian get nothing but hassle from the police, who assume your either a drug dealer or a terrorist. There is reality then there is the Sun, Daily Mail and the likes.

Stay put… Magistrates just fined a 71 year old lady for poking a boy in the chest after he swore and threw stones at her house, she was arrested. I wouldn’t fancy your chances of explaining your good intentions to a judge. I am sure the emergency services are trained to find a way though in a totally safe manner, let them get on with it and you can keep your clean license.

Me, try and wriggle over a bit, without going over the 2nd loop :grimacing: .

As for Rog Comment, Death or Red light, ask a magistrate £30 or death and you’d get £30 no questions or mitigation :imp: absolute offence ■■?

I’d move as much as i could to help out the way but wouldn’t go through… Just shows how much confidence we (don’t) have in the justice system.

speedyguy:
Me, try and wriggle over a bit, without going over the 2nd loop :grimacing: .

As for Rog Comment, Death or Red light, ask a magistrate £30 or death and you’d get £30 no questions or mitigation :imp: absolute offence ■■?

I’ll try to find some links to the instances where the offences have been declared void in this situation.
I’ll agree that it can be a ‘pain’ to get the NIP and have it deemed void but IMO it’s worth it.

If ambulance drivers are so highly trained, how come they can’t find a route that is clear?
And doing the right thing isn’t an option while Liebour are in power.
Besides. That could be Tony Blair in the back.

enit?:
If ambulance drivers are so highly trained, how come they can’t find a route that is clear?

How often can you find a clear route as a truck or car driver without taking twice as long to go the long way around … the option is not there to do it

ROG:
If SAFE to do so - YES

Rog you’re right up to a point.I used to test drive fire fighting vehicles and I know the dilemmas faced by the drivers of those vehicles on a daily basis.There’s been plenty of examples of those drivers being prosecuted when it all go’s wrong on a shout so the ordinary driver has no chance if they don’t.As for me as usual it’s a case of put yourself at the mercy of fate and the courts and get out of the way in whatever way possible if I need to and all of those who think otherwise seem to forget that the person/s they are trying to save might be you or someone you know one day.But at what point does everyone want to draw the line between getting there in time to save lives or maybe causing or being involved in a serious rta doing it?.It seems obvious that maybe the line has been drawn a bit too close to caution these politically correct days in view of the fact that fire fighting vehicles go a lot slower these days on the way to a shout than they did 20-30 years ago.

In the UK no, I would stay put at a red light, move a bit if I could but if not then no, with CCTV or red-light cameras, its not worth the risk, the Police and courts appear to be lacking in normal thought control. In the country I now live, yes of course, thats what we do let them through, the same in the country I used to live in. In the UK no I think not, the red light camera is there for safety reasons, you can’t have it both ways.

ROG:

enit?:

How often can you find a clear route as a truck or car driver without taking twice as long to go the long way around … the option is not there to do it

I just edited my earlier idiot comment and replaced it with this one. :blush: :blush:
An Ambulance isn’t as big as a truck and it’s no more legal for a car to drive on the right than it is to shoot red lights. An Ambulance can get away with driving on the pavement if need be. The Ambulance driver, approaching a set of traffic lights on red should drive around the line of traffic by driving on the right hand side.