What would you do if 'told' to load your own trailer?

Long story short
My old man gets a call this afternoon telling him to meet new agency lad in yard for night shift to show him ropes on the hanging garment delivery in milton keynes, no problems. He is then told after dropping his 3k off he has to go somewhere else to collect another 9k hanging garments and that he is to load them himself :laughing: now me old man is 58 and not idle by any means he was a dray man for over 20 years but feels now its time to have easy life so took a TRUNKING job. He told em where to get off and got a call back saying he had to do it cause theyā€™ve paid him while he sat at home all night when there is no work. Obviously that has nothing to do with today but its the card they tried to play to make him do it :smiley:
So they havent rang him back and he doesnt know if he is at work or not LoL just wondered other peoples opinions on the whole thing. I personally wouldnt be happy but wouldnt want to lose my job over it, on other hand surely a trunking job means just that and they have no right to demand he or any of us do it? Dont think it helped that the canadian ā– ā– ā– ā–  in charge of the load was laughing down the phone at him telling him to do it :laughing:

What was the agreement either verbal or written regarding handball :question:

Worked on hanging garments for a short while and was always asked to ā€˜helpā€™ load and unload. Which generally meant ā€˜on yer todā€™

Got the same thing two weeks ago with 550 barrels of waste, 250 off and then reload. Did it as it was expected.

Butā€¦ Iā€™m 55 soon and I wouldnt do it again, as I told 'em :slight_smile:

The agreement is that it is a night trunk either mk or heathrow and no hand ball. He has helped out sometimes loading himself with pallets and been told repeatedly he shouldnt be doing it. Pay agreement is if there is no work he gets same money as if he was working and one of the directors actually set that up! Now our gaffa has been moved to manc but the agreement was only confirmed not to change last week :smiley: our new gaffa has been a mate with me dad over 30 years from brewery days I can see this getting messy LoL

The issue of these garments really needs to be IRONED out, I almost CREASED up laughing. Your Dad should have told him to BUTTON it. :laughing:

depends if the job SUITS him :laughing: :laughing:

OllieNotts:
The agreement is that it is a night trunk either mk or heathrow and no hand ball. He has helped out sometimes loading himself with pallets and been told repeatedly he shouldnt be doing it. Pay agreement is if there is no work he gets same money as if he was working and one of the directors actually set that up! Now our gaffa has been moved to manc but the agreement was only confirmed not to change last week :smiley: our new gaffa has been a mate with me dad over 30 years from brewery days I can see this getting messy LoL

The bit in blue says it all - no handball so donā€™t do it - that is the contract.

neil46:
depends if the job SUITS him :laughing: :laughing:

That just about ZIPS it up then :laughing:

All these gagsā€¦

Someone needs a good cuffing :slight_smile:

Iā€™d load it myself to make sure it was done correctly; BELT and BRACES! :wink:

Why reg:
All these gagsā€¦

Someone needs a good cuffing :slight_smile:

Only when they click on the LINKS. :laughing:

Apparently he tried to get away with it but gotā€¦ collared :laughing:

Why reg:
Apparently he tried to get away with it but gotā€¦ collared :laughing:

They say every cloudā€™s got a silver LINING. :laughing:

Actually, this THREAD doesnā€™t SUIT my STYLE. :laughing:

Iā€™d help load just in case someone got a bit shirty :laughing:

And when heā€™s driving tell him to stick to the limit otherwise the police may ask him to pullover :laughing: :laughing:

If iā€™m told itā€™s self tip or self load, Then i ask how much, Cash or cheque. I donā€™t work for nothing.
However if someone needs a hand and isnā€™t taking the ā– ā– ā– ā– , Then iā€™ll always help.
Quite often we load machinery, Well iā€™d be daft not to muck in on that sort of work.

I load my self some times the company i work for as paid for all the training we need. IE hi ab/forklifts

Love the p taking :laughing:
As of yet he still hasnt had a call and should be there in 30 mins so he has gone to the pub :smiley:
As I said he doesnt mind helping but it takes a full team about 3-4 hours to load 9k garments and they want just the 2 of em to do it LoL theyā€™d be there till tomorrow.
I told him some of the p takes on here and he saw the funny side :laughing:

Last year i went to a RDC and there said that the driver as to unload, i said why, he look at me and said cos its your job, i said to him show me where its says that i have unload, its the norm he said most drivers unload here, so i said OK were do i go, he said follow me, we came to a door and i stopped and said sorry not going in there he said why cos it says employeeā€™s only, that OK i taking you there, sorry no i said, he said to me that if you donā€™t do it you not going to be unloaded, OK give me the paper work and i take it back he said what !

Any way he go sit down will get manager 5 Minā€™s later manager come over and says why wonā€™t you unload, i said not allowed, in your RDC,but we are given you permission to go in, and i said yes that right but are you going to insure me while am on your property, unloading your goods in your warehouse where you have staff to do it who are insured.

later the manage comes back and said we will unload you in 10 Minā€™s 30 Minā€™s later left.
later that week went there again there did not ask me to unload there did it 30 Minā€™s later tipped and away

hope he doesn"t get too ā€œTIE"Dā€ up in this.