What was the best truck of the eighties

Hi all,thanks for all the info that you have supplied its surprising what people know.I had the same problem as jj72 i see a globetrotter at the kent show one year and that was that,my all time favourite truck. jj72 this truck also has a cooker and a sink in it !

and some more pics of “the joker”

and its sister. pic courtesey of neil jarrold

and truckphotos4sale

That model is briliant I dont know if my latest model project will turn out as good as that :laughing:

Gobstoppers aren’t the only trucks with a sink and cooker.Built myself a kitchen that I could move from one truck to another.This is it fitted in my Scania 142.

I went from column change MAN to a DAF 3300 close coupled top sleeper drag on nights glasgow - willenhall on nightfrieght, no speed limiters and continental log books was a flying machine as can be confirmed by BEES of Hinckley trunkers

bestbooties:
When I was on for Expo Freight,I had a 142 and the cab suspension was crap,only sprung at the back so the cab was nodding al the time.!

Oh yes! The brand new 112 I had at Fred Archer’s snapped both rear cab shock absorbers on a trip to Poland,then you knew how bad the cab nodded!
Had to go to the Scania dealer at Hannover on the way home to get them replaced under warranty,and the truck was only a couple of months old.

But,as many have said,the 2 & 3 series Scania’s were the last good trucks that the company made.

I’d alway’s wanted an F12 Globetrotter,after sitting in the cab of one of Funston’s on a trip to Italy,but when I did get one,I wasn’t that impressed.

i love my f10 and i’m only 36 so missed the 70’s and 80’s…my interest in trucks…it was all BRS’s fault at the bottom of bromford lane,birmingham.
i’ve been all over in her…and still drives well.
can you think of a modern truck that will still be working when she’s 23?

Hi best truck of the 80s the Scania 143

In fact I am still running this 1988 143 450 6X4

Regards Pat

nice truck pat,keep it going.

Pat is that a Dennis Oats streamliner in the yard

Best truck of the eighties has to be the R cab Scania 112 142 with the blue interior

jonmea:
Best truck of the eighties has to be the R cab Scania 112 142 with the blue interior

Absolutely.

I had a new 112 in Jan 85 with the new blue interior,that’s when Scania started fitting night heaters as standard.

ooooo someone metioning model trucks on this thread then?.. :smiley: hows about rikki setting up a forum for us to show off our pride and joys poatman pat the globby looks fantastic, sure trucker ash will post some pictures on here as well… :smiley:

Hi Ken

Don’t know I bought it from a local haulier about 18 months ago ahd “The Nobb” written on the back of the cab ! I sold it last year to a haulier in Melksham

Regards Pat