What to wear to interview?

hi bit of a stupid question but i possibly have a interview with Lambert Brothers but am unsure in as what to wear to make good impression this is my first interview since passing my class 2

Ive always gone for shirt an tie and a nice clean pair of shoes! You can never fail to make a good impression if your smartly dreesed in my opinion.
It shows you have made some effort which is never going to be a bad thing is it :sunglasses:

thank you i ddnt know whether to turn up in a nice shirt tie shoes ect or turn up in work clothes showing im ready to work

In my opinion i think its better to dress smart casual for a lorry driving job, turn up in a shirt and tie looking like an accountant and they mite think that your not going to be able to handle getting covered in crap whilst on the back of the lorry loading and strapping up. Remember you’ve got to come as cross as being able to fit in with the people you work with and the people you’ll meet.

Dark polo top, dark jeans, a decent pair of shoes, clean shaven and your good to go.

Difficult one this one the prob I have is I’ve been self employed for the past 21 years and never needed to do this also I’ve been thinking that as I always have trimmed stubble do I leave it or best to clean shave it off as could look as though I haven’t bothered shaving for the interview think I will go for trousers clean shoes and prob nice polo shirt or short sleeved shirt but shave or no shave that is the question

thank you i just want to make a good first impression so i think smart polo top dark jeans and smart shoes :slight_smile:

I have been a truck driver and also a transport manager, so I can see it from both sides of the desk. I would definately turn up in shirt, tie, trousers and clean shoes. You only get one chance to impress. You can wear your polo shirt and jeans if you get the job.
Well thats my opinion anyway

I agree with the post above and like Malc44 am on both sides of this fence.
In this case, definitely wear the shirt and tie,this from their website.

Our smartly uniformed, experienced drivers are permanent staff - driving clean, well-maintained secure vehicles, equipped with hands-free mobile phones.

Regards,
Nick

defo with the shirt and tie id also stick some boots in the boot of your car that way if they ask u to drive for an assesment u can ask to nip back to car and grab em also makes you look organised and well prepped :sunglasses:

A nice clean set of overalls in the boot can be a good idea especially if an assessment means doing the un/couple

Its all about the first impressions so I would also say go for the shirt and tie look, your look really smart.
I have the same problem have a interview next week, although its not as simple as a shirt and tie for me, think its the perfect excuse for some retail therapy! :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:
Best of luck with the interview!

thank you very much everyone im so nervous lol i really want the job so i think shirt and tie :smiley:

I think turning up for a lorry driving job in a shirt and tie screams mincey little ■■■■■ boy. If you were applying as a bus driver, yes most definitely, or very maybe if its pulling fridges, if its something like flats, you’ll look like a right knob.

Saaamon:
I think turning up for a lorry driving job in a shirt and tie screams mincey little ■■■■■ boy. If you were applying as a bus driver, yes most definitely, or very maybe if its pulling fridges, if its something like flats, you’ll look like a right knob.

its called makin a good impretion :unamused: shows that u can make yourself presentable rather that than turn up in a pair of jeans and t shirt i were a shirt for every interview i been to including internal ones and got pretty much every job i went for

Everyone will always have their own opinion on this to be fair.

Me personally a smart pair of jeans, a smart top and clean shoes will be fine. With work gear in the car just in case.

If your interviewer says he was hoping to do an assessment you’ll score big points by telling him you’ve got gear with you.

Shows your enthusiastic, prepared and organised.

Malc44:
I have been a truck driver and also a transport manager, so I can see it from both sides of the desk. I would definately turn up in shirt, tie, trousers and clean shoes. You only get one chance to impress. You can wear your polo shirt and jeans if you get the job.
Well thats my opinion anyway

+1

Just think that thee interview is a date with a stunning blonde and just make sure you go out of your way to impress her

If I was interviewing someone for a driver’s job, and I have in the past, I would immediately discount anyone who turned up in a shirt and tie, you’re going for a labourer’s job not to work in a bank. Smart casual would suggest to me the person has a bit more about them and has thought it through than the one who turns up dressed for a wedding or court appearance.

Jobs yours :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
If I was interviewing someone for a driver’s job, and I have in the past, I would immediately discount anyone who turned up in a shirt and tie, you’re going for a labourer’s job not to work in a bank. Smart casual would suggest to me the person has a bit more about them and has thought it through than the one who turns up dressed for a wedding or court appearance.

Suggesting that drivers are only labourers is, I assume , one of your little wind ups.
I have never seen the need to look like a scarecrow just because I am a driver,
though occasionally the job I have been doing has made me do so.
Wearing a shirt and tie is hardly dressing up.
It wouldn’t matter what I wore at an interview with you
because I wouldn’t be taking the job at any cost. :smiley:

Saaamon:
I think turning up for a lorry driving job in a shirt and tie screams mincey little ■■■■■ boy

That remark speaks volumes.

Regards,
Nick.