What the hell is he doing?

just found this on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=gHQ5GRaiJHQ

Only watched half of it, couldn’t bear to watch any more. He’s trying to get the ■■■ end over a foot or so to miss the barrier at the back of him. Course he’s doing it all wrong, as he should start all over again and not be trying to rake the front end off the motor, it would be quicker to star over too. God knows how these types get jobs. :unamused:

the number plate does very well to hang in there…

I was surprised that it took the idiots watching him four and a half minutes to start taking the ■■■■ and making “funny” comments.

The guy made an arse of it - fair enough!

But the thing that annoyed me was the bloody ■■■■■ filming and laughing at the poor guy! :imp:

We have ALL made a few howlers at some time and I couldn`t think of anything worse than being filmed when trying to sort it out!

He should have drove up the bank and squashed them!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

phantom309:
just found this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHQ5GRaiJHQ

Seems like he got it into his head that there was only one way to do it instead of taking the time to consider other options - ADD - such as the one JD mentions in the next post…

PS youtube videos can be shown in the above format by highlighting the youtube link and then clicking the ‘video’ tab just above the text pane :slight_smile:
It allows the reader to watch the video without having to navigate off the page :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Clever these BB board techies…

i cant believe what im reading with the posts above :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

the driver is a first class Pratt who needs to resit his test and definitely hazard perception. he was over halfway up the bloody bank and also in full view of the offices. im very surprised they did not ask him to leave his vehicle and get somebody else to do it. another point is … maybe the video is deceptive but there looked plenty of space there if he had just jackknifed round and blindsided in instead.

makes a great video for irlams/stobart and i hope they have seen it.

what a wally. :imp: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

another great ambassador for the industry.

It was not lost on me its a Irlams/Stobart driver :unamused: :unamused:

Wait for the vultures to start decending… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

obvious that this guy was a new driver,i was supried that the other more experienced drivers allowed him to carry on,but i suppose it was for bennefit of themselves idiots!

tasty:
obvious that this guy was a new driver

If it was then he did not listen to his instructor who would have told him - think before doing anything - especially on the reverse

I guess he’s trying to succeed and ‘’‘hedging his bets’‘’…sorry.

I can see now why they are called “tractor” units, with all that “ploughing” he is trying to do :laughing:

Seriously though he could have got out of the cab and asked for some help from the other drivers on the bays before he got into his predicament.

Thats all you need.
You get your self in the soup, & some git is sitting there filming & gafawing at you. :unamused:

Well it looks like this lad had tried to ‘blindside’ onto the bay to start with and had not got it right so when he tried to straighten it up onto the bay the back of the trailer was too close to the low armco barrier on his side and because of the grass banking in front of him he was never going to be able to shunt it around a bit to clear the armco. What puzzles me about it though is why he just didn’t pull out again and have another attempt as there seems to be quite a few ‘experts’ around giving him advice! It looks like he could have actually put the back end of the trailer down the side of the yellow Merc and then swung round to his right and put it in on his own side which he might have found a lot easier if he was a new and inexperienced driver but as we can’t see a full layout of the depot that might not have been possible but I think that’s what I would have tried.

He messed up his blindside reverse from the outset and instead of pulling off and repositioning the outfit and thinking it through he tried to rectify the situation by shunting around and its obvious it wasn’t going to be put right by shunting back and forwards up the grass bank but sometimes lack of experience and panic take over and the situation gets worse. It looks like he does pull off at the end and either gives it another go or gives up and goes home :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Not sure I’d call him a pratt or a good/bad ambassador for the industry? :confused: after all he is in an industrial estate/RDC and it’s not as if he has been driving dangerously and intimidating other road users :question: Just made a bit of a fool of himself in front of other drivers and I’m sure the majority of us on this site just might have messed things up now and again in the past for whatever reason :open_mouth: :open_mouth: But then again when I think about it maybe that’s not the case :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :laughing:
Regards
Dave Penn; :laughing: :wink:

Oh dear.
Maybe if he hadn’t reversed back to put the opposite lock on each time and undoing what he just achieved he would have done it quite a bit quicker. I’ve had tight spots before and you have to lock around before you move each time. A couple of times early on in that vid, he could have got it out and gone and turned round somewhere with more space. Probably hard to think with everybody watching him though…
He doesn’t look like a youngster. Reminds me of a guy I worked with who claimed 20 years driving class 1. Took him 5 or 6 minutes and several shunts to O/S reverse into a yard. Anybody else did it about 20 seconds. That was part of the fun when loading down at southampton docks - watching people who couldn’t reverse, get on to their slot :laughing:

Oh my gawd!! I used to work for Irlams and I have seen several drivers get into a mucking fuddle getting on bay’s, but none as long winded as this. He should have cut his losses and pulled off and had another go bless him.
Saw one guy at Tesco Maygor and reverse up to the wall between bays at the end where there is the big gaps between bays, go and hand his keys in and sit there like a lemon waiting to be tipped. Still, there but for the grace of God go I.

I think I went to tesco Magor once. It was one of those at Magor anyway. When I took my paperwork in the guy in the office told me to use the far end of the yard to spin round first, so they probably get quite a bit of it there.

Think its hard as well for the guy because he is older, people assume he is experienced. When i past my class 1 looked really young, drive into a place start to struggle reversing someone would walk up say “you just past your test son, don’t worry i’ll guide you back”, and would give you advice and don’t worry about it we all were the same once kinda thing. Had this most places i went, someone would give you a hand.

Worked with guy in his mid 50’s change of career just past his class 1, struggling in places no one would give him a hand, assumed he was just having a bad day or a crap driver. I did a double man shift down to Birmingham, i went to get a couple of coffee’s whilst he was gonna put the trailer on a bay, came back 10mins later he is still struggling to put it on a bay, no one would give him a hand, infact people saying stuff like at his age should be able to reverse by now.

Bet the trailer hit the cat walk.

cough I’ve ripped a catwalk off, including the top of a fuel tank cough

Easliy done :sunglasses:

i thought newbies wern’t being given jobs at the mo? poor bloke, there are some idiots out there they ain’t got nothing better to do than watch someone struggle.