What the hell happened?

Ok, so this morning we are sitting watching what seemed to be a brilliant GP :exclamation: Schummi was running last after spinning twice, Rubuens was well back, after a while Jenson was leading the field by 16 seconds, followed by Juan Pablo, then Ferdinand, I go to the loo and when I come back Rubens is leading, followed by Schummi and Jenson is third :question: :question: :question: :question:
Did he take a 1 minute pit stop :question:

It looked like Jenson could have won it at one point Pat!

Then Reubens got to the front and Michael tried to catch him :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just to prove they dont have team orders :wink:

It was probably a good race in comparison to many. But if the qualifying rules are not changed, it will not have any fans

NO ! They do have team orders :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

It was arranged that Rubens should win over Schummi, because he is the Italians favourite, The German could have taken him during the last 6 laps easily.
Schumacer stated that he would do whatever it took for Rubens to win this race. (That was a quote from earlier in the week) :exclamation:

Did anybody watch the “Goodwood Revival” after the GP. You had the Old names like Rene Arnoux, Derek Bell, Sir Jack Brabham + many more also you had Rowan Atkinson in his MK9 {I think} Jaguar, Gerry Marshall in an Alvis thats racing. Stirling Moss was there but couldn’t race as he’s just had a operation on his back & was in a wheelchair. To see these old cars a few of which did get damaged :frowning: being raced was a fantastic site & one year I shall get to Goodwood to see it live.

Pat Hasler:
then Ferdinand

Who :question: :laughing:

i watched the goodwood revival arfa and yes it was brilliant. proper racing in those days! did you see the a40 beating the jags/rovers/rileys etc!!

V8KARLV8:

Pat Hasler:
then Ferdinand

Ferdinand Alonso :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

JONBOY@RH:
i watched the goodwood revival arfa and yes it was brilliant. proper racing in those days! did you see the a40 beating the jags/rovers/rileys etc!!

I used to work for the company that suplied and built the Ford and Jaguar displays at Goodwood, I always arrived and left the same day, never getting the chance to enjoy the fun, that was always left to other lucky guys to remain on site for the whole show :frowning:

Pat Hasler:

V8KARLV8:

Pat Hasler:
then Ferdinand

Ferdinand Alonso :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

oh you mean Fernando Alonso :bulb:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OH :exclamation: Right :laughing: Is that his name :question:

so what you’s are saying if they race in italy then rubens wins and if in germany the shoe maker wins,is that not what they call fixing the race?what ever happened to the best man/car wins :question: :confused:

kitkat:
so what you’s are saying if they race in italy then rubens wins and if in germany the shoe maker wins,is that not what they call fixing the race?what ever happened to the best man/car wins :question: :confused:

But Ferrari has the best car and the best driver so…

so if they have the best cars and men why do they need to let each other win at certain races,if like pat said earlier in his post schummi could have won the race by a long way,why should he hold back to let the other team mate win?just because the fans like the other driver better.or is it if they don’t let their favorite driver win,the next time they race there they won’t get a big turnout?is formular1 losing it’s grip on the fans?that they need to do what the local fans want. :wink:

When I was a banger racer (eeeeh, I miss the Austin Cambridge) there was a very simple way of making the racing interesting.

The more points you had, the further towards the back you started. If you were a white top, you started at the front. As you gained points, you became a yellow, blue and then a red top, and you started further back on the grid.

Translated into F1 terms, this would mean that Michael Schumacher would have to overtake every car during the race if he was to win.

Fantastically simple, eh?

Vince

Schummi actually stated that Rubens getting first would ensure he finished the season in 2nd place in the championship, thus stopping Jenson. :exclamation:

It would be better if all the cars were exactly the same like in F3000 :bulb: :bulb:

what about jaguar pulling the plug on formular1 after this season :question:

What about ford selling cosworth? and I was so lucking forward to driving the ford focus cosworth

F1 :confused: :confused: :confused: is that race or a procession :unamused: :unamused:

saw some real racing on telly a couple of weeks ago, with overtaking ( if you F1 fans want me to explain that send me a PM :smiling_imp: )

and they only needed half the tyres :wink:

Ok :exclamation: So now we know why Truli’s car seems slower since he annouced he was leaving Renault, it was deliberate :exclamation: and now they have let him go for the rest of the season and bought that ‘pillock’ in for the last three races, who has also been given a season wiht Sauber :question: :question: :question: meanwhile you have DC, who has constantly shown his potential still trying to get a drive :question: :question: :question:
What the hell is wrong with this sport :angry: