What tattoo's have you got and any regrets?

After the thread with the bloke with his company’s name on his head It got me thinking that pretty much every driver I see has a tat, so how many on here have? Do they mean anything to you? Do you regret any??
I’ve got a few small ones on the inside of my wrist and some Thai writing on the front of my bicep (that’s not built might I add)
I also got a few when I was travelling late last year and early this year on my foot. (not sure if this pic will show up)

I had a tattoo years ago that was done by a mate with indian ink and a needle, fortunately he didn’t go in deep enough and after about 6 years it faded to nothing. I would never even consider getting another one because after seeing older guys and women with now faded and nasty looking tats I wonder how scabby they would look at 60 years old ? I see drivers with tats in stupid places like around the kneck or on the head and they don’t realise how much this cuts their job prospects, in 20 years when the only job they can get is driving a dustbin lorry they will regret it. I know of several men who applied to my company and I know they didn’t get the job because of their appearance.
I know if I was in charge and some guy walked in with tats from head to toe and long hair he wouldn’t get a look in. Sorry if my commeny offends anyone but a speak honestly.

Got the usual arm fulls of what are now politely referred to as ‘retro’ tats, plus another large one on me shoulder and the Swallows on the backs of the hands, Oh, and one one the leg.
If I had my time over again I would not have any.

I’ve got masonic symbols down the inside of my right arm and a knights Templar cross on the inside of my left wrist. I like my tats but don’t show them too much at work as I get funny looks…and handshakes … :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
I had a tattoo years ago that was done by a mate with indian ink and a needle, fortunately he didn’t go in deep enough and after about 6 years it faded to nothing.I know if I was in charge and some guy walked in with tats from head to toe and long hair he wouldn’t get a look in. Sorry if my commeny offends anyone but a speak honestly.

so who does the driving, the guy or the TATTOO Pat? Yes they might be representing YOUR company in future, but as you said in your first sentence, YOU HAD ONE, albeit in Indian ink :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: We should never judge a book by it’s cover pal :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’m covered in them, but I’ve no regrets as from the neck upwards, it’s my White skin only! Was thinking about having STOBART ON MY HEAD THOUGH! :unamused: :laughing: :wink: :smiley: :slight_smile: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh and by the way, I’ve got happy days tattooed on my ■■■■■ and when it gets hard it says " WELCOME TO MANCHESTER, AND HAVE A NICE DAY "

Never had one, never will. Doesn’t appeal to me personally. Each to their own though.

None yet but have a few planned. Not planning to get any past my wrist or on my neck or above. I think there are a couple of types of people who get them, those who get them for themselves, and those who get them to look cool/because they want other people to see and it’s the latter group that tend to look a mess.

I don’t think I’ll ever be working for Pat Hasler though as I’m also growing my hair untill baldness finally sets in and I generally have some form of facial hair going on. Don’t see what any of that has to do with my ability to either drive or interact with customers but to each their own. The way I see it, you’re only here once, why spend that time not being what you want? If a number two all over and being clean shaven feels right for you then by all means carry on, how a person looks is none of my business, just as how I look is no business of anyone elses.

If I were an employer though, I’d look beyond the appearance and hire people who I thought were going to do the job well, respect the truck and the job and not be a pleb.

I tend to agree with the not beyond the wrist or neck sentiment.
Personally I have an Indian ink spot from school days which I hate. Others on my shoulders which I never really think about much. I’d have more but I’m too tight to spend the cash on what is basically decoration.

I have one on my leg… Got that about 5 years ago, because I love Scania… :stuck_out_tongue: (not really, I just liked the look of griffins and got a design made up)

And I got a few on the tops on my arms, they need a little work but I will get round to it eventually.
My tattoos are memories of my younger days, not that I’m old now mind, but just going out, having fun, being single and rocking with my mates!

I don’t regret any of mine and I doubt I ever will.

Better to regret the things you have done, than the things you haven`t.
Personally, no tatts, always found something better to spend my money on and I happen to think it is an extremely vain thing to do.

As an employer of people in days gone past…They never bothered me when it came to employing anyone.

As for tattoos on female units…No, not in any way, shape or form. Just tramp stamps.

i never understood my army colleagues getting tattoos.
if they ended being captured, then tortured for information. name, address, phone number. hobbies and interests, wifes name and date of birth, ex girlfriends details, and all that crap. then all they have to do is chop your leg off, then go for a read. :laughing:

I’m heavily tattooed on my arms and legs but would never have any on my neck face or hands as they can’t be covered up and at te end of the day first impressions count wether that’s a job interveiw or going to a wedding or something.

I think there is a lot of the older generation who dislike them due to stereotypes, you don’t see that so much now with the younger generations like myself. Tattoos are better quality with better inks and for someone like myself with none on my forearms or on show unless I wear no top and shorts it’s not necessarily about showing them off or being vain. They aren’t just for thugs anymore, they are a form of memory, art or hobby for everyone that wants one.

I purposely didn’t get any in places where people can see them all the time, we aren’t allowed to wear shorts or take our pollo shirts off in work so mine can never be seen. I wouldn’t hesitate to employe someone with tattoos, in fact there aren’t many of out 30 strong work force without them.

Got them on my upper arms, thought about getting one redone and extending it down my arm but decided not to now. The other I got on holiday 18 years ago, had a load of money left a couple of days before I went home, so got another tatt, don’t regret them though.Got told its about £60 an hour for the work these days

Pat Hasler:
I had a tattoo years ago that was done by a mate with indian ink and a needle, fortunately he didn’t go in deep enough and after about 6 years it faded to nothing. I would never even consider getting another one because after seeing older guys and women with now faded and nasty looking tats I wonder how scabby they would look at 60 years old ? I see drivers with tats in stupid places like around the kneck or on the head and they don’t realise how much this cuts their job prospects, in 20 years when the only job they can get is driving a dustbin lorry they will regret it. I know of several men who applied to my company and I know they didn’t get the job because of their appearance.
I know if I was in charge and some guy walked in with tats from head to toe and long hair he wouldn’t get a look in. Sorry if my commeny offends anyone but a speak honestly.

You cant descriminate because of someones appearance

This is a good one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346055145.308019.jpg

JJ192:

Pat Hasler:

Of course you can - and it happens constantly. You just make up a different reason… :laughing:

I’ve got the Man Utd Red Devil on my arm and the wife’s name in Chinese on my hip :sunglasses:

JJ192:

Pat Hasler:

Of course you can, no one in their right mind is going to employ someone that looks frankly ludicrous to represent their company.

redbob:
I’ve got the Man Utd Red Devil on my arm and the wife’s name in Chinese on my hip :sunglasses:

You have my deepest sympathy!