What Tacho Head is this thing?

Evening all,
Just been allocated a DAF XF105 with this monstrosity of a tacho head.
I’ve never seen one before (been pampered).Can anyone give me a heads up on how you work it?
I’ve managed to open slot one but other than that I haven’t got a clue ha ha.
There’s no operating manual in the truck .
Cheers in advance of your superior knowledge.

Oops forgot the pic ha ha

Looks like a Stoneridge to me. Like the one fitted in most Scanias.

I’ve managed to change a printer roll so does anyone else know how the things work?
I’ve only ever had Siemens tacho heads before.

Yes Stoneridge. Look it up on google! :wink:

Here’s the instruction manual

Try not to snap the drawer off, they don’t like that.

Was lucky to use one of these for about half a few weeks back. Without wanting to state the obvious, mode change on button 1. I believe to eject you hold it down?

Just get a tin of lighter fluid and a box of matches :open_mouth: That should sort out the piece of crAp :smiley:

Same one as the scania I’ve got , would be better if it was like the Siemens were the machine pulls your card in rather than the draw opening a tiny bit … Stupid idea lol, like someone above said 1 to change modes , arrows go through different menus , just mess about with the buttons :stuck_out_tongue:

its a stoneridge alright just be careful with the card draw as it only comes out part way, but everything else is easy :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Must admit I am a convert to the Stoneridge tacho heads, the newer ones (this looks like an old one) are miles better than the Siemens for useability - especially for manual entries. Also good that when your on break the timer stays on, your not waiting for it to do its maths when you switch the ignition back on.

New Stoneridge are pretty decent.

Old ones are utterly ■■■■!! :smiley:

I’ve got a new one. Saves me boatloads of time. Far better than Siemens/VDO

PaulNowak:
I’ve got a new one. Saves me boatloads of time. Far better than Siemens/VDO

As far as saving time is concerned the new Stoneridge should be the same as the new Siemens.

They both record activities the same way, they’re both set-up to operate according to the latest EU tachograph specification regulations.

Can you get the new software uploaded to an old unit?

mucker85:

I’m pretty sure you can’t, but it would be worth double checking at a tachograph centre.

tachograph:

mucker85:

I’m pretty sure you can’t, but it would be worth double checking at a tachograph centre.

The Tachograph centre? The bit between o and g? :wink:

That’s an old stoneridge. The newer ones are miles better and much easier to use. Just ‘ok’ everything and you can’t go far wrong. The older ones are supposed to be very confusing.

The ‘1’ button changes the mode and to eject press and hold. On the newer ones if you press down once it will give you your accumulated driving time.

Amen rob.