what scares you the most?

Traffic lights with a Red Light Cam going to amber!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Motorists who ā€˜thinkā€™ they are good driversā€¦

Drowning.

I used to hate being light loaded in high winds, I was running up the Newcastle bypass one time with a load of plastic pipes in a curtainsider during gales when I felt myself starting to go over, just as well my mate who was running heavier saw what was happening and managed to get along side me in time to block the wind, ever since then though, high winds and itā€™s squeeky bum time for me. :frowning:

The Friarton bridge, if Iā€™ve forgotton to go through Perth when the wind is up a bit. Strange though, as other viaducts donā€™t bother me.

I think the possibility of side swiping a car. As I currently drive an RHD truck mainly in Europe, it is a constant worry and pulling out into lane two for any reason inevitably carries a serious degree of risk of a car being just where I cant see it. Some months ago heading south on the A4 near Getafe (Madrid) I had an extremely narrow escape, fortunately no contact was made, nobody hurt, but when I saw the three young kids in the car I felt physically sick as to what might have been.

On this subject, does anyone know where I can buy one of those fresnel lenses designed to help avoid such situations??

Everything at the moment :blush:

Hombre, if you ask in dover mark they give those plastic things away for free apparently

welshboyinspain:
Hombre, if you ask in dover mark they give those plastic things away for free apparently

Hi James, unfortunately we dont go via Calais - Dover, its usually Santander, Bilbao, Cherbourg or Caen. Hows work at the minute, still a problem getting backloads home?

Hombre:

welshboyinspain:

Hi James, unfortunately we dont go via Calais - Dover, its usually Santander, Bilbao, Cherbourg or Caen. Hows work at the minute, still a problem getting backloads home?

no problems lately mark,
last week tipped darlaston reloaded for cervinter where i used to work with ben :smiley:
this week tipped darlaston reloaded near stevenage for 8 doors up the road from cervinter :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
loaded now for langenfeld and oscar found me reload already and iā€™m still sat at home
next time i get off in dover iā€™ll ask for one of those plastic window things for you, iā€™ll put on my really bad foreigner accents :stuck_out_tongue:

For me its driving in high winds, dont mind driving in any other bad weather conditions just hate it when its blowing a gale!

Fat birds who smoke scare the hell out of me. :blush: :blush: :blush: Bad experience from years ago.

codge123:
Fat birds who smoke scare the hell out of me. :blush: :blush: :blush: Bad experience from years ago.

What was she smoking? Did you introduce her to your mother? :laughing:

What scares me the most, is the fear of my Brand Newie Free Poster of the beautiful and super dooper Daf XF, now sello taped to the ceiling above my bed; Alongside the blown -up picture of my pre-retirement, DAF 95XF 360 (Day cab with Pod on Top) Drawbar outfit, in which I toured UK and Europe;And which NEVER broke stroke, becoming detached from the ceiling, floating gently down, covering me face, and Smothering me while I sleep. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Worraway ter go!! :frowning: :frowning:

Happy 25th to T&D. Best Wishes to all it,s readers.

Memo to limeyphil. Have no fear of drowning pal. It is a lovely death. I drowned, (true), after jumping in a 10ft deep river pool, in February 1951. :unamused: :unamused: The cold stopped me breathing, and down I went. I was gone. I even clearly saw the Policeman walking up the path to are ouse,and knocking at the door. As the door was about to open I came to, as one of my schoolmates was giving me the Holger Neilsen treatment ( Luckily for me ,his Dad ,who was the local Fire Station Boss, had taught him to do it).If your out there JS, my thanks once more.The one thing that I don,t remember being, was Frightened.

Doors that seem slightly open as the car goes past me or I pass the car!! I had a child fall out of a car in front of me about 15 years ago, luckily I missed them, but the impact of them onto the road killed them!!.

Im always very wary now!!

And yes, it did ā– ā– ā– ā–  me up!!!

Wind.

You canā€™t see it coming.It just hits youā€¦

Pulling into a layby at night for a powernap,

You wake up with a start, the mist has come down, and there is now a dirty great truck parked 3ft in front of you!!! :open_mouth:

Your heart bursts out of your chest as you scramble for the foot brake.

Sure does wake you up :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Pedestrians walking behind me when Iā€™m reversing. My heads spinning, left mirror, right mirror, left mirror right mirror, kerb mirrors, over shoulder, kerb mirrors, left mirror, right mirror "Whereā€™s that bloke gone? Canā€™t see him, oh there he is, whatā€™s she doing? STOP. Canā€™t see her, get out, walk round back, ā€œCould you have your conversation over to that side a bit please so as I can see you?ā€ One of our drops is on the Brayford Waterfront in Lincoln and you have to either back in or back out and it ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me up every time I do it in case I run someone over and my humble 18 tonner becomes a ā€œThundering Killer Juggernaughtā€

EDIT: And yes I do have a banksman watching assisting me but Iā€™m irrationally scared of flattening someone.

For me its,the viaducts & some of the bridges i travel over,particularly on the A13 as you go through Barking just past 3663 on the left,theres a blue metal bridge that has numerous stainless steel poles sticking out of the ground so as to decorate the roundabout that the bridge goes over.Allways gives me the shivers that place!!!

1. Other heavies (especially those from our eastern neighbour country) coming the other way, on hilly twisty narrow roads in the winter.

2. Getting over-tired on night shifts.

3. Bridges. Those side rails look sturdy but I bet they are just ā€˜decorationā€™ to a fully freighted 60 tonner. Or a 7ƂĀ½ tonner for that matter :open_mouth: