What rdc's are in kent area

have started lookinf for another job, does anyone know if the big supermarkets or big chains like woolies b&q etc have any rdc’s anywhere in kent?? and if you do how do i go about applying to these places for a job as one of their drivers.

have looked on all major websites like tescos asda etc and there does not seem to any links for hgv drivers to apply just links if you want to work in the stores itself.

i will be away for the next few days up in daventry so if anyone has any info on the above txt it to me on 07971635689 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think Tesco have a depot at Snodland.

Sainsbury’s Rochester
Tesco Snodland
Safeway Aylesbury
Somerfield Aylesbury (well, there used to be a Gateway there)

Hope this helps a bit, my old memory is failing but these are ones I can think of sitting in years ago :frowning:

Safeway have a RDC at Aylesford.

Safeway Stores plc.
Beddow Way. Aylesford. Kent
ME20 7AT. Tel: 01622 712 000

You can ring and ask for transport see if any jobs are going but not wanting to put a downer on it I don’t think there are at the moment.

Since the takeover by Morrisons the distribution side of the business is being overhauled. As existing Safeway stores are being converted to Morrisons format the distribution iis transferring to sites further North and this has led to an oversubscription of existing drivers with litle work. As such no one really knows whats happening or what the long term future is.

I don 't work at Aylesford but at another Safeway site in the SE.

thanks people, does anyone know how to get hold of these numbers? have searched everywhere on net and yellow pages etc…if i phone stores in question will they give out the numbers for these rdc’s?

don`t forget co op gillingham too

And ASDA at Dartford/Bexleyheath whats wrong with the job Marge?

Tibbett & Britten at Gravesend, Come off the A2 at the Gravesend West exit. Turn right over the A2, then straight ahead at the next roundabout, passed the goods entrance for the Supermarket, then left into…I’m racking my brains for the name of the estate…anyway, if not luck there, try next door at HT Webb, who I think may also do some Continental collections.

You said some weeks ago that you might like some work going over the water, try Nagel at Dover. Along the A2 to the roundabout with the McD’s on the left corner, turn right, then right again at the next roundabout, and they are at the far end on the left before the Customs compound.

Personal visits are often more fruitful than ‘cold calling’, and if you happen to call in when working, then you also save the cost of a phone call. :smiley:

Try your local Library for the RHA handbook. This lists all of the members by area. If they haven’t got it. Ask them if they can locate a copy for you.

margatemafia:
thanks people, does anyone know how to get hold of these numbers?

Directory Enquiries on bt.com?

Krankee:
Try your local Library for the RHA handbook. This lists all of the members by area. If they haven’t got it. Ask them if they can locate a copy for you.

■■■■, I just recycled last years a couple of weeks ago, Wayne could have had that. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Krankee:

it’s online at www.rha.net, look for “find-a-haulier” ( or something like that)

thanks people have got all that, you guys never fail to amaze me thanks alot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tartanraider wrote

And ASDA at Dartford/Bexleyheath whats wrong with the job Marge?

nothing really…i get a massive buzz when i get into the yard and just look at me lorry standing there and an even bigger buzz driving it. last week was the first time i had been away in it and i really missed my kids bigtime a hell of a lot more than i thought i would :cry: :cry: :cry: missed one of my daughters first day at school too :cry: :cry:

the tm sold it to me under false pretenses really, told me one store per day if its a distance run or 2 if they are local, i saw one of the drivers get 3 stores in one day and he wasn’t very happy and i really felt for him too. then sunday i get 2 distance runs in one day and end up spending night in maidstone 40 mins from my house asked if i could come back park up in yard for night and get home for a few hours, no was the answer to that :exclamation: i was also told i would be back in the yard monday morning or lunchtime for my run home at the latest and i end up gettin a late run and got back in the yard at just after midnight. now don’t get me wrong i don’t mind the work at all…but what i won’t have is people selling me things under false pretenses…the guy should of been straight with me from start and not tart it up cause they are short of drivers :confused: :confused: i dont like being ■■■■■■ up the jacksy because i have been ■■■■■■ by alot better :wink: :laughing:

i really am having doubts bout being away at the moment, i think my kids are far too young for it. when they are all alot older i don’t think it will be a problem, but at the moment i miss em too much. hence i am now looking for other work which will bring me home everyday. plus i am leaving tommorrow morning and me and er indoors ain’t talking so its a bit of a cloud to be leaving under and i really don’t need it…she aint happy that i want to work elsewhere basically because of the money i earn there and its local too. but me it aint bout the money i love the job i do…but also believe you gotta be 100% happy in the job you are doing and right now i aint happy bout leaving me kids for 5 days at a time, i really thought i was going to be ok with it…but being honest i ain’t :cry: :cry: :cry: so need to do something bout it :laughing: and thanks to you guys i will be able to now :wink: anyways gotta go and pack me bag ready for the off in the morning.

special thanks to dave jackson who took time out to phone me tonight with some blinding advice and also gave me some local companies to get in touch with that i didn’t even know existed…so thanks dave :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:bulb: I can remember delivering to a supermarket RDC just off the M20 at junction 5.
About half a mile of Dual Carriageway from motorway up to a roundabout (A20). Turn Left towards Maidstone and first left again.I can’t remember which company it was though…Began with an ‘S’, but not Safeways, therefore it would be a Somerfield or a Sainsburys. :confused: (Well, it was about 10 years ago, and I only ever went there once.) :slight_smile:

Hope this helps,Good Luck on your jobsearch !

Wayne, Tesco’s at Snodland are not run by Tesco’s themselves I think its Excel or Wincanton or I could be barking up the wrong tree. I will try & find out for you tomorrow.

Deesider, I’d forgotten about that one. It’s a Sainsbury’s site but run, I think, by T&B.

Margate, have you thought of trying Fowler Welch’s at Teynham ■■? You have the choice there as to whether you do nights away or not. It is just outside Sittingbourne on the old A2. Also saves the Missus buying fruit every week :laughing: :laughing:

Have you thought of BOC-GIST ( Marks+Sparks) at Faversham

Mr. M…

I know its a bit further than you might like, but the Tesco DC at Thurrock, run by T & B are always on the look out for Drivers.

Most of the DC’s (Tesco’s) use Agency Staff first, then take them on from there when the next intake comes around. Some of the local agencies have big contracts with the likes of Tesco (T & B) and the pay is better (hourly) though the long term benefits are negligible, but it may be an ‘in’ to see if you can stand the type of work they do…!!

If the Snodland site is run ‘out-house’ they may take staff on straight away rather than through the agencies, if you consider that my DC (Harlow) has on average over 500, yes thats right, 500 applications on file at any one time, you can see what you might be up against, so through the agency has always been a good option.

As a matter of interest, rumour has it that they are taking on more drivers sometime in November, I did post this in the ‘job’ section with a number to contact. Also, you should be able to use that number to find out the other DC’s numbers… Also, they do use a number of ‘subbies’ throughout December to help with the Xmas rush, this sometimes helps out with the shutdown experienced in other industries.

It may take a little digging, but, it is well worth it, especially if you get on a Tesco contract. One of our shunters was telling me last night that this year alone he is on target for £43.000!!

I think I will stop there…!!

Good luck

Terry

our famous eddie stobart are advertising for drivers in various depots including dartford.and also for part timers and night drivers…£7 odd for days and £8 odd for nights…
european fast freight in dover are looking for international drivers too…no wages mentioned…

truckyboy:
.£7 odd for days

wont get many takers at that rate down here.

truckboy:
and £8 odd for nights…

I’d be surprised if anybody even applied for that one, Most firms pay time & half for nights in this neck of the woods

Dartford is 4 junctions away from me on the M25