What it is like working for an Irish out fit

The title of this thread was originally called “Who is leading out of Cairnryan?”. But since the later part of this thread has been about my experiences in Ireland and not my original question; I though I would change the topic title.
Thanks

So job less once again and looking for a new job. The plan is to find a small haulage contractor from N. Ireland who runs from Belfast/ Larne to Cairnryan; and then down south into England.

Why this!
Because I live not far south of the Scottish Border. And I could take the truck home every weekend.
Big companies like the likes of McBurney and so on, have a depot in Penrith so one would be parked up in there yard every weekend.

So Companies based in N.I. that run the Belfast/ Larne to Cairnryan ferry. And whom have no depot/ yard in England is what I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance

gherkins230

Manfreight?

OaKbank, Dumfries.

Due to continued expansion Manfreight Ltd are currently recruiting full and part time drivers for UK and local work. Contact Stephen for an application form.
Office 02838399889
Mobile 07850203372
stephen@manfreight.co.uk

Copy and pasted from facebook ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MVH
Manfreight
McBurney do leave vehicles in Cairnryan
Jolly from Newton Stuart pull for Norfolk line
If you are specifically looking for a small operator pulling for some of the bigger companies then be prepared to be on first name terms with the DVSA at the M6 weighbridges

mazzer:
MVH
Manfreight
If you are specifically looking for a small operator pulling for some of the bigger companies then be prepared to be on first name terms with the DVSA at the M6 weighbridges

:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

pete-b:
Due to continued expansion Manfreight Ltd are currently recruiting full and part time drivers for UK and local work. Contact Stephen for an application form.
Office 02838399889
Mobile 07850203372
stephen@manfreight.co.uk

Copy and pasted from facebook ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes that looks just about right, will call on Monday.

ringfur:
OaKbank, Dumfries.

wrong answer

mazzer:
MVH
Manfreight

MVH
After looking at there web site it looks like they are a very small out fit
mvhservices-ballycastle.co.uk/home/2236223
As all of the photos don’t have any of there sign writing on there motors. And I would guess that the photos are of someone else’s.
But worth a try anyway.

Again wrong answer.

Blimey someone asks a question. People give answers. The OP then treats it as a game show. Just need arrrrr buzzer for wrong answer.

MVH are far from a small out fit easily on a par with Manfreight seem to be putting Macalone on the front of their wagons now so you will see both names on the road but it is the same firm, but then if you had done your homework you would know that already.

Called manfreight up today; and yes they do run out of Cairnryan but its all fridge work. So when the trailer comes off the boat it has to be delivered ASAP. In other words, you drop A trailer Friday night and you can’t pick up your load for Monday on Friday night coz it wont be shipped yet.
Meaning all there drivers leave there Motors parked at Cairnryan which is to far for me to drive in my car every week.

Where do you stay then. Give us a clue

Nr. Tebay
(and no jokes please)

look on the bright side…get a job with a nfl subby,and think about all the free time you will get at home when your parked up for 24 every week if your not switched on…most of their work isn’t exactly bottom of the barrel,more like digging underneath it.did you get to the stage of asking what manfrieght,mvh,and jollys etc pay for a legal trip?? :open_mouth:

your problem - as you have started to find out is this - You won’t be taking “your” lorry home at the weekend . When you get to Carnryan and ship your trailer home some other driver will be waiting to step into “your” lorry to get a trip in or even 2 trips (depending on how far they can get in 48 hours) while you take your weekend break. You do see lots of units parked up in Carnryan but very few sit all weekend - a few hours at most. If you spend any time about the ports you will see a constant stream of drivers in and out of units all weekend.

If you want to take your truck home go and work for the Dutch…HTH :smiley:

McBurney have a yard in Penrith as do AWJ so no shortage of work around there, unless you are absolutely desperate cannot understand this fixation with the fridge work that comes out over the top from Ireland quickest way to lose your license along with your sanity, impossible runs, minimum breaks being called all things under the sun because you missed a boat and generally for rates of pay that are at the bottom end of the scale even for N.I.

mazzer:
McBurney have a yard in Penrith as do AWJ so no shortage of work around there, unless you are absolutely desperate cannot understand this fixation with the fridge work that comes out over the top from Ireland quickest way to lose your license along with your sanity, impossible runs, minimum breaks being called all things under the sun because you missed a boat and generally for rates of pay that are at the bottom end of the scale even for N.I.

Wannabe Tang? :unamused: :laughing:

Lives near the Scottish border. Wants to drive for the Irish. Stays in Tebay? Clearly this buffoon is on drugs.

dieseldog999:
look on the bright side…get a job with a nfl subby,and think about all the free time you will get at home when your parked up for 24 every week if your not switched on…most of their work isn’t exactly bottom of the barrel,more like digging underneath it.did you get to the stage of asking what manfrieght,mvh,and jollys etc pay for a legal trip?? :open_mouth:

I don’t think there is a bright side to all this at all. Having spoken to said names; the Irish economy has not picked up much at all. The driving jobs market has only picked up a little in Ireland since the great depression but nothing like ours has.
So there just ant a lot of jobs going over the water. And certainly no European work that’s for sure.
In-fact A slip of the tong by said company (who should not be disclosing such information to the likes of a driver) says that the rates paid in England have gone up slightly making them more then the rates for Ireland-England work.

RIPPER:
If you want to take your truck home go and work for the Dutch…HTH :smiley:

Good idea my sun :bulb: good idea :bulb:
Guess it would have to be loads from Holland to Scotland to stop past my house. But if the vast amount of people in the UK+Ireland live in England then I can’t see much loads going that far north.
I thought the Dutch where into flowers and other refrigerated stuff.

Now Scotland and we could be talking the place. Companies in the central belt and north, (with curtain siders) must be delivering most of there good to England. You just can’t help not notice seeing a jok wagon in England from time to time more often then you see an English wagon in Scotland.
I guess the likes of the big boys Pollock and co. Are going to have there drivers live within a 30 mile radius.
As I said before it want’s to be a small out fit.
Food for though though; food for though

happysack:
Lives near the Scottish border. Wants to drive for the Irish. Stays in Tebay? Clearly this buffoon is on drugs.

Up ya jok! up ya jok now haggis

^^^ I rest my case ^^^