What it is like working for an Irish out fit

None of the hauliers working out of Cairnryan will let you take the truck home,
nearly ALL of them are looking drivers though!!!

happysack:
Where do you stay then. Give us a clue

An English man would ask where he lives. A Scots man asks where they stay, a Freudian slip perhaps?

You live in tebay but want a job in cairnryan so you can take your truck home at weekends so as to avoid using your own car? Then why not just get a job near tebay? I’m not seeing the logic at all :confused:

happysack:
^^^ I rest my case ^^^

You never had a case to start with any way

mick.mh2racing:

happysack:

An English man would ask where he lives. A Scots man asks where they stay, a Freudian slip perhaps?

He stays up his haggis and his haggis stays with him

Big Truck:

Speaking to someone today whom is quite well versed in the economics of transport and dose not play the aristocrat game with the driver. Says it’s the same price to ship from Belfast to Cairnryan as is Belfast to heysham, (£200). So if the bulk of the traffic is going south of Manchester then it’s cheaper to deliver from Belfast to England via Heysham then Cairnryan.

However on the other hand where we have time sensitive deliveries like fridges. A lorry moves A lot faster then a ferry dose so the shorter the ferry crossing as opposed to a long ferry crossing the faster you will arrive at the deliver point. And as Belfast to Cairnryan is shorter then Belfast to heysum; this is why the fridges use Cairnryan. And as I said before fridge work, drop off at port Friday and collect Monday as load is not ready till then.
Yes non of this will ever work

But I now know why non of them will employ me.
Because they have been ringing my last employer up Blakey from loane transport behind my back with out my contact whom has been giving a bad reference for me. Don’t know about the law in the R.I. but I was under the impression in the UK that it was illegal for them to consent your last employer for a reference without your consent. In-fact it would appear that everyone I have applied for with has contacted loane transport with out my permission. So let me get this straight’ you have a fall out with your last employer and that means you are out of work for the rest of your life; the black b@@@@@@s!
One thing is for sure I never will and never be able to work for an Irish company again, simply for what happened at loane transport.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you told these people who you used to work for .
Do you think that the owners of these transport companies don’t socalise with each other , call each other to sub out loads, book ferries , trade back loads etc ?
Do you seriously think that your going to get a job and be given the keys to a lorry , trailer and load without your employer checking up on who you are ■■
And another thing Loane Transport is based in Kesh Co. Fermanagh - now unless things have changed thats in Northern Ireland .

Aha,now we get a little bit of back story,I think Happysack’s got it—buffoon :laughing:

gherkins230:

happysack:
^^^ I rest my case ^^^

You never had a case to start with any way

mick.mh2racing:

happysack:

He stays up his haggis and his haggis stays with him

Big Truck:

Speaking to someone today whom is quite well versed in the economics of transport and dose not play the aristocrat game with the driver. Says it’s the same price to ship from Belfast to Cairnryan as is Belfast to heysham, (£200). So if the bulk of the traffic is going south of Manchester then it’s cheaper to deliver from Belfast to England via Heysham then Cairnryan.

However on the other hand where we have time sensitive deliveries like fridges. A lorry moves A lot faster then a ferry dose so the shorter the ferry crossing as opposed to a long ferry crossing the faster you will arrive at the deliver point. And as Belfast to Cairnryan is shorter then Belfast to heysum; this is why the fridges use Cairnryan. And as I said before fridge work, drop off at port Friday and collect Monday as load is not ready till then.
Yes non of this will ever work

But I now know why non of them will employ me.
Because they have been ringing my last employer up Blakey from loane transport behind my back with out my contact whom has been giving a bad reference for me. Don’t know about the law in the R.I. but I was under the impression in the UK that it was illegal for them to consent your last employer for a reference without your consent. In-fact it would appear that everyone I have applied for with has contacted loane transport with out my permission. So let me get this straight’ you have a fall out with your last employer and that means you are out of work for the rest of your life; the black b@@@@@@s!
One thing is for sure I never will and never be able to work for an Irish company again, simply for what happened at loane transport.

Would nearly be sure Sawyers/Manfreight/McBurneys wouldn’t contract your previous employer without your consent.
BTW,
these are NI companies and its part of UK and they’ll let you work out of Cairnryan but no truck home!!![emoji12]

Ps I’m not Scottish

mick.mh2racing:

happysack:

A Scot would ask ‘where’d ye bide?’ (just sayin loik)

beefy4605:
Correct me if I’m wrong but you told these people who you used to work for .
Do you think that the owners of these transport companies don’t socalise with each other , call each other to sub out loads, book ferries , trade back loads etc ?
Do you seriously think that your going to get a job and be given the keys to a lorry , trailer and load without your employer checking up on who you are ■■
And another thing Loane Transport is based in Kesh Co. Fermanagh - now unless things have changed thats in Northern Ireland .

I would like to correct you if that’s OK. They ask what have you done and who have you worked for and then give you an application form to fill out and return to there office. On the application form there usually is ‘please give two references’. As soon as you return the application form they have all redy phoned loan transport up, thus using them as the reference with out your permission. Not the references you stated on your application. I never said loan in Kesh was anywhere ells

Big Truck:
Would nearly be sure Sawyers/Manfreight/McBurneys wouldn’t contract your previous employer without your consent.
BTW,
these are NI companies and its part of UK and they’ll let you work out of Cairnryan but no truck home!!![emoji12]

Manfreight I am not so sure; McBurneys not so sure but Sawyers, ow I’m sure they did Sir.
I actually told a lie about my phone call to Manfreight I quoted above. I paid them a visit at there office in NI. As I was over there in my car.
I also phone sawyers up and it was a nightmare speaking to anyone there; like the office was chock block. So I decided to call round. And just as I was 10 minutes from there yard I had a phone call from someone in the office at sawyers and I said to him can I call you back as I’m at traffic lights. I arrived at the gate house at the cold store and parked my car out side the gate. Went into the security hut and the security man advised me that the office for sawyers I want is right next door ahead of where your car is parked. When into see them and not a very busy office at all; 2 blokes sat twiddling there thumbs. I told them who I was and they asked what I had done and who I had worked for, took copies of my driving license etc and everything seamed to be going well. They gave me an application form to take away and said fill that in tonight and we will give you a call in the morning to book you in tomorrow for an induction assessment etc.

Tomorrow morning I had my interview with Mr. Curran at Curran transport. Stupid thing was I left my driving licenses with Sawyers.
I called sawyers and first thing they said was ‘you left your driving licenses hear’ I said thank good for that I had better come and collect them straight away. He said we will just put them in the security hut. I said I filled out the application form (which I did not) He said just leave it with the security man and if any thing comes in we will give you a call. By now his attitude had completely changed like he did not have the time of day for me. Went back to sawyers security office and the guard had my license ready for me. I said I did not bother filling out the application form coz I know now I am just wasting my time for what ever reason or information that sawyers will not disclose. After a brief chat with the guard I got in my car and drove off. As I drove off I slang the application form out of the window and onto the floor, I could hear someone shouting but I just drove on. Got to the petrol station a few minutes later and I got a phone call from sawyers! Was that you who just through the application form out of the window, we have bins on site you know. Rights if that’s you attitude then you are definitely struck off the list now pal; no wonder you are finding it hard to keep a job/find a job (slip of the tongue). I said you struck me off the list yesterday so do worry about it. He said no I said if anything comes in I will give you a call. No you did not and you ■■■■■■■ know that’s not the truth. Ow well I’m striking you off the list any way. OK that’s grand thanks for wasting my time then he hang the phone up.

So to get this straight they where sitting in the office watching me come to and from the security hut and would not even have the decency to speak or even look at me. But they knew they where watching me and would not give me the time of day. Otherwise they would not have seen me though the form out of the window. They must think because I am a driver I must be rely stupid not to be able to see what they where up to. Phoning Blakey up behind my back for a bad reference. But they seam to forgot, I have applied for a few jobs in Ireland in person and have worked the gist of it out. What A bunch of window licking pencil twittering bottom scratching morons
Blacks and tans!

Because when I spoke to Mr. Curran after wards he said he had rang loan transport up who gave a bad reference and he was unable to hire me.
Well I never gave loans as a reference to you; I never said you could ring them up, but you did it anyway

[emoji16]

Class!! :smiley: :smiley:

Lord save us!

Space cadet :unamused:

I’m lost for words

gherkins230:
Tomorrow morning I had my interview with Mr. Curran at Curran transport

How is this even possible?!
Are you from the future?

Dear Mr gherkin. If you are insistent on getting a driving job, could you please get a job based in Mongolia or Lithuania. Or even Norfolk. Please stay away from the A75. Enough ■■■■ wombles using the road without you joining in. Thanks.

Is it just me or is anyone else even mildly curious as to what happened at Loanes ? I wonder what REALLY happened .

gherkins230:
. Having spoken to said names; the Irish economy has not picked up much at all.

Not true. Maybe the case in NI, not somewhere I know well but as far as IRL is concerned we are flat out. Struggling to get drivers, struggling to cover work. Every bit as busy as the UK

switchlogic:

gherkins230:
. Having spoken to said names; the Irish economy has not picked up much at all.

Not true. Maybe the case in NI, not somewhere I know well but as far as IRL is concerned we are flat out. Struggling to get drivers, struggling to cover work. Every bit as busy as the UK

This is very true and about time too.
Great to see things getting better it’s been bad for too long.