What is the furthest overland by a trucknet member?

What is the furthest lorry journey done by a trucknet member? I’ve heard of Nigeria/Pakistan/Kazakstan/Saudi, can’t be much further,can there? :slight_smile:

Brookie

brookie:
What is the furthest lorry journey done by a trucknet member? I’ve heard of Nigeria/Pakistan/Kazakstan/Saudi, can’t be much further,can there? :slight_smile:

Brookie

Depends what country you start in :laughing: :laughing:
Now some of are USA fellas might be able to do some trips lol
top of canada to deep south

Ah, sorry guys, I was thinking of from UK to Europe and onwards!

brookie.

nick2008:
top of canada to deep south

i think even top of “mainland” canada to tip of florida wouldn’t be as far as plenty of members have been in eurasia - uk to krasnoyarsk or lahore would be quite a lot further i reckon

Pedantic mode - would it really be overland if starting from the UK as the channel has to be crossed :question: :laughing:

Brookie, there are some guys on here who, im sure, have done India, Pakistahn, Afganistahn or right across Russia to the “stahns” of the East. Amazing journeys some of them.

A while a go there was a guy who posted about a trip he made…UK down to Saudi I think then back to Syria empty, reload then overland north upto Moscow!!! :open_mouth:

Dont know if you know about this site…

toprun.ch/truck/latest_news.htm

Plenty of long distance pics etc, some from TN members.

Others have done overland stuff in cars and coaches, I beleive mushroom man went or came back overland from / to Australia :open_mouth:

JJ72 runs his trucks over some serious distances east into Russia and beyond.

Another trucknet member dave mackie had a site about his run to a goldmine in sarafshon (sp?) …somewhere in eastern Russia on the way to China!!

And im sure some one will say about David Croome going to China!!! :laughing: :laughing: …I havent a clue whether they did or didnt get that far but I remember the arguement went on abit on here amongst some TN members!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing new there then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lake Louise to Laredo… 2,300 miles

round trip… Portage to Winnipeg to Lake Louise to Laredo, TX to Toronto and back to Portage la Prairie total …6,400 miles

I´m at Sittensen Autohof near Hamburg at the mo and I´ve done just over 7000km so far since I was last home with another 1000km to go…

In terms of distance from home, Tbilisi in Georgia, and Krasnodar and Toliatti, both in Russia were the furthest, and the longest I have been away from home is three and a half months, on an exhibition tour.

hey harry, no wonder you look like your avatar :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:
And im sure some one will say about David Croome going to China!!! :laughing: :laughing: …I havent a clue whether they did or didnt get that far

they didn’t :stuck_out_tongue: but alma ata (known as almaty now) is only around 100kms from the border - the first trip was back in 1993, my how time flies :frowning:

I thought that rumour was about Murfitts?

As far as I know, no British truck has ever been to China- when I worked for Kepstowe we used to take Chinese-bound goods but they were always transhipped onto Chinks (are we still allowed to say that?) in Almaty.

Harry Monk:

As far as I know, no British truck has ever been to China- when I worked for Kepstowe we used to take Chinese-bound goods but they were always transhipped onto Chinks (are we still allowed to say that?) in Almaty.

Were they a local firm Harry ?

bullitt:
Others have done overland stuff in cars and coaches, I beleive mushroom man went or came back overland from / to Australia :open_mouth:

Sorry to dissapoint you Rick but I am afraid that I never went overland to Australia. :cry:

How ever a couple of years ago we did go around Australia in the motorhome, it took us four months and we clocked up 8,000 miles and we didn’t see everything. :cry:

The longest overland trip that I ever did was in a Landrover from Manchester to Cape Town back in 1975 which took just under six months and we clocked up almost 10,000 miles.
I then took a job in South West Africa driving this Nissan Diesel around Southern Africa for the next four years, the best job that I ever had. :smiley:

I.I.R.C. I used to do a round trip from Ruacana Falls on the Angolan border to Johannesburg in South Africa in six days a distance of 3,400 miles, which in those days was not bad going. :wink:

B.T.W, is there a Trucknet member reading this who came from Coventry and used to deliver fruit and veg from The Cape to Windhoek in the 70s ?
He used to have a D.A.F. wagon and drag and take cattle back to the Cape but the last time that I saw him he was a bit worried about his job. Apparently on his last trip he got back to the farm in The Cape and realised that the tailgate on the wagon was down and he was one calf missing. :open_mouth:
:open_mouth:

Livingston to Zarafshon, Uzbeckistan, round trip 12,000 miles.

Dave.

RD longhaul trips included:

Gourock to Tashkent or Almaty, usual reload Chinese Border (transhipped from chines trucks) to Moscow.

Camberley to Lebanon overland with MRI scanner.

I think Mark (something or other) went to Uzbek & armenia (diff trips)

Harry Monk:

i dont think you can get a truck into china bacause of the formalities? you have to re register or something dont you? im sure someone knows better than me

i thought of you harry last night as i saw an ex kepstowe freight fh on the road to moscow, made me chuckle thinking it had probably spent the best years of its life going over here, only to end up being exported out there for a hard end to its life!

furthest i have done is a meagre moscow, and kharkov, ukraine, longest i have been out is a couple of months i think

jus a thought,didn’t ralph davies of cheltenham,didn’t they go to north china ■■ sure they use to hav it written on their trailers ■■? :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Well I though Ralph Davies went to China wasn’t there a LLD about it, or did he just go to the border?

UnionJack:
RD longhaul trips included:

Gourock to Tashkent or Almaty, usual reload Chinese Border (transhipped from chines trucks) to Moscow.

Camberley to Lebanon overland with MRI scanner.

I think Mark (something or other) went to Uzbek & armenia (diff trips)

would that be mark stone you mean :question: :question: :question: :question:

Don’t know what it’s like these days,but when I was doing M/E in the '70’s and '80’s,it didn’t matter where you went to,Willi Betz was always there first!.
On Ferdy’s Toprun site there’s a lot of trucks running out to Mongolia,including a firm called Fixameyer,someone told me that was also Willi Betz,anyone confirm that?
When I watch these moon landings,as the camera pans around the moonscape, I am half expecting to see a Willi Betz Merc parked up. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: