What is old school

When I go to tips they say to me,and they are young boys that I have to meet…in the Tanker game…Rog…your old school… Is that a time or a reference then it was only natural to help out your fellow driver.For sure I like it when they say it…coz they say it with respect… Where the xxxx has it gone wrong.

Though I have held a HGV licence for 28 years but only a class 1 for 6 months I get called old school, I look rough, swear and moan a lot and look like I know what I am doing :laughing:
The truth is I like to have some banter and like to chat to folks on sites and help when I can where ever I am, I class it as social and believe what goes around comes around. :wink:
I am not all good though the Mrs has just slapped me halo off for nickin a glass of her wine :blush: :laughing:

Do you turn up in an ERF with a rope and sheeted load, climb out wearing a denim shirt and go for a pint? :unamused: :laughing:

Edit: forgot about the eaton twin splitter. :grimacing:

Ye your approach is probably old school… It does do wonders to be nice…enjoy the wine

Idiot Tanker drivers don’t rope an sheet…but I can do a double dolly.old school see

Do you still ring Into your office in a telephone box?

No…and I don’t drive a 7/half tonner

Rog270:

I never mentioned a 7.5 tonner lol :open_mouth:

You talk like a 7/half tonne driver …if you not where has the grand Buffet .(Cambril Spain moved to )…

yt03:

Rog270:

I never mentioned a 7.5 tonner lol :open_mouth:

It’s alright for some, I got called an idiot :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

For your 7/half tonne drivers information. As proper truck drivers know Grand Buffet Cambril Spain…can now be found on the N 34…I hope this helps you

I class myself as old school, I think I have seen the better days of this industry. Everything that seems outdated now like manual gearboxes, no power steering, day cabs on long distance general haulage, no night heaters, air driven wipers, roping & sheeting was then the way of life. But the thing was we enjoyed it. We also didnt know any different, but…the wages pound for pound were better then, the cameraderie was better then, and the choice of stopping somewhere at night was miles better, with relatively cheap food and drink available and a transport cafe on almost every roundabout on the A1.

The vehicles and trailers are better today, but thats about it. the rest has gone to hell in a handcart along with driving standards, and the attitude from bosses and customers towards drivers.

A lot of the newer drivers laugh at some of us old ■■■■■, some of you may think you are the bees knees with your newly acquired LGV C+E but dont forget, in forty years time when you are about to hang up your keys, you will consider yourselves ‘old school’ too :slight_smile: You will look back on these times and smile to yourselves as well.

I love you.wish you well. From an Old School.

Rog270:
When I go to tips they say to me,and they are young boys that I have to meet…in the Tanker game…Rog…your old school… Is that a time or a reference then it was only natural to help out your fellow driver.For sure I like it when they say it…coz they say it with respect… Where the xxxx has it gone wrong.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you had been given enough oxygen at birth?

I remember drivers laughing at me telling me I didn’t know I was born with my cab heater, adjustable seat and not having to drain the coolant out every night in the winter.

I wonder what the young’uns of today will tell newbies in 40 years time; “we used to have to hold onto a steering wheel, seriously mate, we used to have to steer our own trucks”

I’m old school. I remember the days driving 1st generation volvo ishift boy them were the days. That and no Lane departure warning God how did we cope

Rog270:

Reeeespect

Don’t worry. You’re not that old school. When you said “for sure” and “coz” you proper sound like you’re from south central LA, or some place down with the kids, like Walton on the naise. Crips or bloods sir?

Can someone decipher what Mr Snowman said or like me he’s hitting the puff…

Twoninety88:
Everything that seems outdated now like manual gearboxes, no power steering, day cabs on long distance general haulage, no night heaters, air driven wipers

Are you that Jap bloke who went into the jungle after WW2 and popped out in the 90s? When the camel balls did you last drive anything that had a wiper blade moved by a ■■■■ travelling up a rubber pipe?

Or…did I hit a raw nerve about 7/tonne drivers…and Mr Snowman is a 7/tonne driver…heck mate I started the same way…it was in 1975 though…