What does this symbol mean?

Just seen a symbol i don’t recognise on the new VDO unit. When the ignition is off a diamond shape appears next to the driver card symbol.

Is it a fault or does it just mean the ignition is off?

It’s a 63 plate craptross.

Can’t flip pics… sorry.

If it is showing the ignition is off, is this now recorded? If so Mr VOSA can probably read it and possibly accuse you of working by flicking the ignition on… strange

It could also be because it is an adr head unit… maybe not so new?

The 63 plate Axor I’m in tonight does it as well… :confused:

DAF95XF:

Is that the one that looks like the new actross?

I do like the new actross and have not been in the new axor. Hopefully they have the same radio in as it works great with by blue tooth so I can play whatever I want with the Google play music app. Praise the Lord for all you can eat data… lol

trubster:

I do like the new actross and have not been in the new axor. Hopefully they have the same radio in as it works great with by blue tooth so I can play whatever I want with the Google play music app. Praise the Lord for all you can eat data… lol

No it’s not:lol:

Only supermarket I’ve seen with them (I think they are called Antos:shock: ) so far is Sainsbury & they look ugly with the aftermarket air kit & windows all round, apart from that they should be a step up from the axor with a few more toys to play with.

trubster:

DAF95XF:

No, these Axors look like Axors because they are Axors :laughing: :laughing:

Lol. Saw about 15 of them at a sainsburys depot, a bit smaller than the actross and I thought it was the new axor. Maybe not :smiley:

Crap! I drive a 63 plate, I’m going to have to look for that now.

Pimpdaddy:

trubster:

No it’s not:lol:

Only supermarket I’ve seen with them (I think they are called Antos:shock: ) so far is Sainsbury & they look ugly with the aftermarket air kit & windows all round, apart from that they should be a step up from the axor with a few more toys to play with.

I thought that they were small Actros’s :blush:

trubster:
Just seen a symbol i don’t recognise on the new VDO unit. When the ignition is off a diamond shape appears next to the driver card symbol

Are you sure its not something as simple as a nought as the same symbol appears on the other side as 0km/hr

trucken:

trubster:
Just seen a symbol i don’t recognise on the new VDO unit. When the ignition is off a diamond shape appears next to the driver card symbol

Are you sure its not something as simple as a nought as the same symbol appears on the other side as 0km/hr

Dont think so, look in the top picture vs the bottom picture in the OP

trubster:

trucken:

trubster:

was it Christmas week ■■

Star of david passing over head :wink: :wink:

Taxi

It just a notification telling the driver that vosa have remotely accessed the tacho while the truck was in motion within last 7 days. :grimacing: :wink:

Lol. Not in the manual either. Downloaded it from VDO.

I could be way off but does it maybe just indicate one driver card inserted…?

Nope ignore me, thats on the left…

Just read through four different downloads from Siemens and that symbol is not mentioned anywhere.

trubster:

trucken:

trubster:

Sorry, I’m being an idiot; just realised which symbol you meant! :blush:

I drive a 13 reg Actros. I’ll have a look at mine when I go back to work on Thursday. The handbook might tell me.

Cruise Control:
It just a notification telling the driver that vosa have remotely accessed the tacho while the truck was in motion within last 7 days. :grimacing: :wink:

:grimacing: I think I’ll use that one. See if I can get away with it.

My 13 plate fh has that symbol as well. I haven’t a clue what it is though lol.

It means vosa have hit the jackpot if you get stopped lol

Mine has the same symbol on it - a 62 plate Actros. I only noticed it a few weeks ago, when the tacho was playing up. The speed sensor was faulty and causing all sorts of grollies to appear - I’m not sure whether I only noticed it then because I was paying more attention, or if it was related to the fault.

One PITA side effect of this fault was that at one point it flashed up a power interruption fault, which recorded on my card as the truck was moving at the time, so I now get this show up each time my card gets analysed :frowning:

Gary