What does poa do

hi lads can you tell me what does poa mean

period of availability

I’m guessing you’re not a DCPC holder??

ffs :open_mouth:

if this aint a troll post why not google before looking thick on a forum?

Fair question

POA is used to reduce the amount of working time - not shift time - a driver records

Working time is an average of 48 hours per fixed week and a maximum of 60 hours in any fixed week

Recording break will do the same thing but many companies will not pay the driver for recorded breaks

To record POA the driver must know how long the wait will be

war1974:

im asking some advice im not thick
ive never used it .

whats with the swearing

ROG:
Fair question

POA is used to reduce the amount of working time - not shift time - a driver records

Working time is an average of 48 hours per fixed week and a maximum of 60 hours in any fixed week

Recording break will do the same thing but many companies will not pay the driver for recorded breaks

To record POA the driver must know how long the wait will be

thanks for that…

CAMARON:

war1974:

ive never used it .

whats with the swearing

If i remember correctly camaron,last time you posted summat it was a load of bollox to get people going,grow up buddy .

seth 70:

CAMARON:

war1974:

ive never used it .

whats with the swearing

If i remember correctly camaron,last time you posted summat it was a load of bollox to get people going,grow up buddy .

Careful remember this

CAMARON wrote:
I’m thinking of going to vosa offices to sort this out I made a mistake on manual entries around the 18/8 I know I’m trouble
But it plays on my mind I’ve done 14 hrs cpc I like the job but not the stress
I’m not going back to the driving that’s it for me any advice lads…
McDonald’s are always setting on.

Contraflow wrote:
What are you like with a deep fat fryer?
You ask for help all you get is people taking rip
No wonder a lot don’t post
I’m not taking the ■■■■. You asked for advice. You said you were done with driving. I genuinely believe that you are better suited to a career in the fast-food industry. I’m just trying to help. There’s not a lot out there for somebody of your calibre.

dummy spitting contest :grimacing:

You made a right mess of those quotes. :unamused:

Contraflow:
You made a right mess of those quotes. :unamused:

the points there though :wink:

POA is the test mode on digital tachos between break and other work.

When switching from break to other work on a digital tacho the square box with a line through it stands for Press Once Again so you know one more press will arrive at other work mode.

It has no real purpose apart from extra pedantry of drivers hours mode recording and online forum shenanigans.

Dipper_Dave:
POA is the test mode on digital tachos between break and other work.

When switching from break to other work on a digital tacho the square box with a line through it stands for Press Once Again so you know one more press will arrive at other work mode.

It has no real purpose apart from extra pedantry of drivers hours mode recording and online forum shenanigans.

^^ this. ( or should that be ‘that’?)

POA, a method by which an employer can get more work out of you.
A three card trick to circumvent the WTD which was introduced to spare workers from long hours and Dickensian employers. A piece of EU legislation which nobody objected to apart from HGV drivers.

POA = Point Of Anarchy. Nostradamus said there’d come a point when all forms of government fail to satisfy the electorate. After that all Hell breaks loose. **

** May not be true.

POA - Price on application, usually when they want a lot more than the items worth.

Me, I use POA at the start of a shift if I’m lying around waiting to get loaded or waiting for a unit. Break all the time after that.

Still stand by my 1st comment your thick or a troll, if you dont know or would rather look like a ■■■■■■ by coming onto a ‘professional’ drivers forum to ask thick questions when you could do a simple google search (like so many other so called drivers on here) then dont expect anything else.

too many drivers like you are why we have the dcpc now, too many who cant be arsed to learn the laws they work to.

this site amazes me how many ‘drivers’ know jack ■■■■ about their job even with the dcpc, no wonder they bought it in :open_mouth:

Sumsmeister:
POA = Point Of Anarchy. Nostradamus said there’d come a point when all forms of government fail to satisfy the electorate. After that all Hell breaks loose. **

** May not be true.

MY preferred answer.

As for the question there may be some truth in all or some of the answers but we are all academically challenged in some areas of our working lives! The words ‘professional’ and ‘driver/s’ don’t usually mix very well in my experience!

Crack on! :wink:

POA means… Pants Off Ar*e open, so they can shaft you with more work !! :stuck_out_tongue:

118steve:
POA - Price on application, usually when they want a lot more than the items worth.

Me, I use POA at the start of a shift if I’m lying around waiting to get loaded or waiting for a unit. Break all the time after that.

I accidentally passed my break on POA (well part of it) today, not to worry as where I am (France) it is accepted as a break too!
Why have a said this? Curiosity really, it is accepted in France, POA = Break, but what if I were to be controlled in another country? (I won’t be, I don’t even drive out my county :slight_smile: )

Tim85:

118steve:

I accidentally passed my break on POA (well part of it) today, not to worry as where I am (France) it is accepted as a break too!
Why have a said this? Curiosity really, it is accepted in France, POA = Break, but what if I were to be controlled in another country? (I won’t be, I don’t even drive out my county :slight_smile: )

Even in UK, the first 45 minutes of POA is counted as Break, simply because if you are in the passenger seat of a moving vehicle you can (legally) record break even though the tachograph will only let you record POA.