What do you like about your job?

Reading all the negativity on these boards makes me wonder what do any of you guys actually like about your job, if anything? So I ask the question. What do you like about your job?

Cancellations, like yesterday and today I get to sit at home just like the benefits people but channel four have not done a demeaning programme on us yet as I don’t count the stobarts one which I regard as fantasy, more like star trek. So yeah these forced days off are a positive as I can recoup and wonder in amazement what ■■■■■ the agency are going to offer me when the telephone rings. Yesterday it was rigid for poundworld multidrop (it is all we have got for you) and I had great joy in refusing it so I am waiting in anticipation what of anything I will get for what is left of this week. :unamused:

It’s Monday to Friday, 8am start every morning and home every night, mostly by 5.30pm.

Everything!

Absolutely nothing.

Going home and the time off.

the view! its an office full of lovely women and am the only man.

that and home time/ payday.

For me, going driving after coming out of working in a garage for years, it was the freedom of not having someone watching your every move so you could do pretty much as you wanted just as long as the work got done.

Pete.

I love my job, the work is ■■■■ easy, the customers are great, my boss trusts me to get on with it. Wages are OK, I get to see a lot of Europe for free, and things are looking better for the beginning of July too! :sunglasses:

I get paid to drive equipment around for all sorts of bands and shows, free access to all sorts of gigs and festivals, either catering or a buy out every day and I get to work with people who nearly all the time have a great sense of humour and just enjoy the crack of being a bunch of guys out on the road having fun.

I enjoy the variety of work, all the different places of the UK I get to see and the different people I meet. Being able to listen to what I want on the radio and being on my own.
Also enjoy not staring at the same walls and ceiling day in day out speaking to and trying to get on with the same people day in day out. People knock this job but I enjoy what I do and especially this time of year when the suns out there ain’t that many jobs better IMO.
I even don’t mind being stuck in traffic jams or being ages at a collection or a delivery where I can get my head down as it’s basically earning a crust doing ■■■■ all :laughing: Like on Wednesday loading up at Rockwool at Pencoed in South Wales, was there 6 hours and 3 of them was spent laying horizontal on my bed fast on with my gob wide open :smiley:

Easy work, left alone in the most part, only time I really speak to the office is if there’s a problem.

Home some nights, could be out all week, bit of variety, limited contact with RDCs!

Wages could be better, but better the devil you know in some ways.

Enjoy the freedom of being out on the road, wouldn’t last 5 minutes couped up in an office/factory/warehouse.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I enjoy the variety of work, all the different places of the UK I get to see and the different people I meet. Being able to listen to what I want on the radio and being on my own.
Also enjoy not staring at the same walls and ceiling day in day out speaking to and trying to get on with the same people day in day out. People knock this job but I enjoy what I do and especially this time of year when the suns out there ain’t that many jobs better IMO.
I even don’t mind being stuck in traffic jams or being ages at a collection or a delivery where I can get my head down as it’s basically earning a crust doing [zb] all :laughing: Like on Wednesday loading up at Rockwool at Pencoed in South Wales, was there 6 hours and 3 of them was spent laying horizontal on my bed fast on with my gob wide open :smiley:

That about sums it up.

These days I’m sat at home doing long hours 7 days a week, all for £63 p/w being a carer.

Steve66:
Absolutely nothing.

Here’s something to cheer you up, I saw your old mate Ducko in Sheehans this morning. :laughing:
My likes.
No handball.
No nights out.
No 15 hour days.
No London.
No rushing about.
I get to drive diggers too.

I like getting asked to swap my day off last week to help them out and then them realising that now they have to give me an additional day off this week to get my weekly rest in on the 3rd week,as last week I was supposed to be off mon/tues but had mon/weds instead.
Off til Monday now :smiley:

Saturday and Sunday, bank holidays and annual holidays…the rest in between I hate with a passion :slight_smile:

peirre:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I even don’t mind being stuck in traffic jams or being ages at a collection or a delivery where I can get my head down as it’s basically earning a crust doing [zb] all :laughing: Like on Wednesday loading up at Rockwool at Pencoed in South Wales, was there 6 hours and 3 of them was spent laying horizontal on my bed fast on with my gob wide open :smiley:

That about sums it up.

These days I’m sat at home doing long hours 7 days a week, all for £63 p/w being a carer.

Likewise Peirre, a tough job and no £11 per hour for us lads! :unamused: Steve is correct though, I enjoyed meeting different folk and chatting to tarmac gangs and site worker’s etc, or private householders who would make a brew for you or give you a tip! Even though I didn’t travel that far from base every day was different to the previous one, now it is like Groundhog Day at times!! :slight_smile:

Pete.

The traffic clearing … you know it won’t last… :slight_smile:

Know what time I’m starting, know what time I’m finishing, decent new trucks, well maintained fleet, no running bent, no pressure at all, go home as clean as I arrived.

Steve66:
Absolutely nothing.

Not bad for a bloke whos; living the dream ;,so it says under his username :confused: