What do you consider to be good road etiquette?

What do you consider to be certain road etiquette or what do other drivers do that annoys you the most?

We’re looking at writing an article about what annoys commercial drivers the most and we’d love feedback from the professionals. It can be absolutely anything from indicating for too long, to braking unnecessarily and everything else in between.

What irritates you and what do you consider to be basic manners behind the wheel?

Thanks in advance.

Car drivers that apply their brakes when a Highways England patrol vehicle goes past them , as they are too dumb to work out if it is a police vehicle .
Motorway service stations that put up a sign saying caravan overflow parking and caravans use the truck parking , then watch the carnage of a caravan trying to reverse , in the meantime , they let their kids out to play in the truck parking area .

I get irked with car drivers dawdling along on M. ways or dual carriageways causing tailbacks.

freightlinkb:
What do you consider to be certain road etiquette or what do other drivers do that annoys you the most?

We’re looking at writing an article about what annoys commercial drivers the most and we’d love feedback from the professionals. It can be absolutely anything from indicating for too long, to braking unnecessarily and everything else in between.

What irritates you and what do you consider to be basic manners behind the wheel?

Thanks in advance.

Car drivers don’t bother me, they ain’t full time drivers and know no better.
It’s the inept truck drivers who are amongst us that get right up my arse, the ones who are really car drivers but have managed to blag an HGV licence and are not fit to hold one.
Their annoying ways whilst driving their trucks like cars include…

1…My well known pet hate, cutting in and shaving your windscreen wipers when almost overtaking you.

2…Keeping you out and running alongside you at junctions, after you have pulled over just to let them out.

3… On a lesser scale those who don’t flash you in, …ok most of us don’t need it, but it’s an indication that they are comfortable with the space you have left them before pulling in…plus it avoids Point 1. :bulb:

4.Those who give the rest of us a bad name by bullying tactics.

5.Just their lack of courtesy on the road in general.

So that’s 5 off the top of my head, but Jakey will soon be on this thread like a ferret on a rat with a more concise list. :smiley: :bulb:

robroy:

freightlinkb:

Thanks in advance.

It’s the inept truck drivers who are amongst us that get right up my arse, the ones who are really car drivers but have managed to blag an HGV licence and are not fit to hold one.

1…My well known pet hate, cutting in and shaving your windscreen wipers when almost overtaking you.

2…Keeping you out and running alongside you at junctions, after you have pulled over just to let them out.

3… On a lesser scale those who don’t flash you in, …ok most of us don’t need it, but it’s an indication that they are comfortable with the space you have left them before pulling in…plus it avoids Point 1. :bulb:

So that’s 5 off the top of my head, but Jakey will soon be on this thread like a ferret on a rat with a more concise list. :smiley: :bulb:

Agree with all these points , no2 if a lorry is passing you particularly where there are only 2 lanes just back off and let them pass rather than trying to keep up there going past for a reason .

^^^^^^^
Yeh, or if you just continue to sit alongside these dicks causing elephant racing, it only makes you nearly as bad as them…, best just to back off a couple of clicks until he ■■■■■ off, making yourself the better driver.

robroy:

freightlinkb:

Thanks in advance.

No Robby I think you have summed it up fairly well there. My biggest problem with any drivers but especially truck drivers are the tailgaiters and the ones that travel far too close but I presume that is covered by the bullying tactics.

I agree most car drivers don’t know any better but that does not give any lorry driver to act like a ■■■■ towards them which is far too common and plain bad driving.

alamcculloch:
I get irked with car drivers dawdling along on M. ways or dual carriageways causing tailbacks.

Can I ask why if there is a car dawdling along why others don’t just overtake? I mean there are 2 or 3 lanes, are there not?

robroy:

freightlinkb:

Thanks in advance.

E

For me a +1 for all five points there :sunglasses:

jakethesnake:
No Robby I think you have summed it up fairly well there.

Robby? :open_mouth: :neutral_face:
Are you my old Granda who was my best mate, by any chance, and you’ve just arrived back from 1969? :laughing:

That first sentence made me chuckle. :laughing: I can’t stand people up my arse either!

Let’s be fair here, I presume when you say the “car drivers who managed to blag a licence” you are referring to the younger generation?

I am afraid some of the older generation are just as bad if not worse. :blush:

Nah, my name is Jake and you call me Jakey so I thought you would not mind Robby. :wink:

No there are many good young drivers out there, the inept, the feckless and the useless can be any age.

Btw if you are my Granda, you will know it was you who ‘christened’ me Robroy (after Robby) in the first place :sunglasses: :smiley:
So from now on it’s not Jakey anymore.
Cheers Granda. :laughing:

robroy:
^^^^^^^
Yeh, or if you just continue to sit alongside these dicks causing elephant racing, it only makes you nearly as bad as them…, best just to back off a couple of clicks until he [zb] off, making yourself the better driver.

I quite agree but that’s what makes it so irritating as you are slowly passing them only to have to brake a slot in behind them reset your cruise to slower than you were going so that you don’t go up their backside . Yes it makes you the better driver but it’s a scenario that should not occur amongst professional drivers.

jakethesnake:

alamcculloch:

Can I ask why if there is a car dawdling along why others don’t just overtake? I mean there are 2 or 3 lanes, are there not?

Because M.ways and dual carriage ways have a specific task and that is to get you from A to B in the shortest time legally, something UK car drivers seem to have a problem understanding. A dawdling car on a dual carriageway is than overtaken by a HGV which then slows down everybody, the problem is then compounded when the dozy car driver wakes up and puts his foot down when you are halfway past him. Doesn’t happen on the continent and the traffic generally flows much better which then helps to curb some of the other bad habits as people seem to be less stressed, The Peripherique being a notable exception.

robroy:
No there are many good young drivers out there, the inept, the feckless and the useless can be any age.

Btw if you are my Granda, you will know it was you who ‘christened’ me Robroy (after Robby) in the first place :sunglasses: :smiley:
So from now on it’s not Jakey anymore.
Cheers Granda. :laughing:

Cheers Rob, all sounds good to me. :laughing:

Assisting other drivers when reversing in a tight spot or on their blindside especially at night in a poorly lit area and in rain, instead of sat on their arses watching a driver struggle and filming it for their YouTube, Facebook or their self motivating feel good about themselves forum

Troll food, come geeeeet ya troll fooooooood, £3 a cup plenty going [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Any driver (mainly car drivers though in fairness) that plods at 40mph for no reason on a national speed limit road, then carries on at 40mph when the limit drops to 30mph.

Ooooooh ■■■■ it I’m gonna rise to it [emoji38]

Those utter ■■■■■ who drive along motorways at night regardless of traffic amounts with their ■■■■ full beam wedged on tighter than Vanessa’s thong.

You special folk should be tar/furred then beaten with a nail infused scaffold pole and be left to fester as Gary glitters cell mate you ignorant cack eyed ■■■■ wombles.

Apart from that I’m fairly easy to please, mainly as I believe ye who cast the first stone…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Robroy’s sorted nearly all of it.

I don’t expect car drivers to drive to a high standard either, but there are a lot of car drivers out there that do and respond and work well with lorries if your drive well don’t bully and indicate sensibly (except in cities, palaces of hell), i expect better standards from lorry drivers for reasons that shouldn’t need explaining and am increasingly disappointed.

Tailgating by lorries is a bugbear of mine, they do it to cars a lot presumably to bully them out of the way and up to a point i understand they are too thick know any better than this, what i can’t understand is why tailgate someone who due to traffic can’t go anywhere its pointless, and i doubly can’t figure out why jam yourself right up the arse of a lorry in front, which takes away all field of vision and if the lorry in front stops fast will quite likely lead to serious injury or worse for our hero.

My biggest annoyance is lack of or incorrect signalling on roundabouts, things have got so bad now i find myself waving thanks to people who have indicated well and allowed me to make or maintain progress, second biggest annoyance is failing to acknowledge courtesy shown by another road user whatever one might be driving pedalling or even walking it costs nothing to show some basic manners, lack of manners show trash up for what they are no matter how much money they might have.