What did you learn this week? w/e 6/10/07

Straight down to busines this week, haven’t even had my Friday night takeaway yet! :open_mouth:

This week I learnt:

1. That filling a visibly knackered hub up with silicon sealer is not going to work in the long term no matter how much your local dealership try and claim that it will…not mentioning any names…NETV Billingham :unamused:

2. That when you limp it into Peterborough and have to get seriously arsey with the Workshop Manager to convince him that the silly little girl really does know what she’s talking about, isn’t going to let them get away with checking the oil level and sending her away and doesn’t believe that a bloody great pool of oil “probably wouldn’t be a PG9” , they’ll be a WHOLE lot nicer to you when they take the hubcap off and see that you are incontravertibly RIGHT! :stuck_out_tongue:

3. That if you have to be stuck anywhere for 24 hours, do it near to good, loyal, and handily off-sick friends - Many thanks again Steve (Biggusdickus) for the hospitality. :wink:

4. That my beloved Jeannie the Jinx is costing a fortune but still on the fleet despite all totally reasonable expectations to the contrary…and still has half my kit in it to make sure it doesn’t “disappear” whilst I have a week off…touch wood… :open_mouth:

5. That yellow paint is obviously rationed these days, if our new Mercs are anything to go by…You’ll know when you see one, they’re the ones with only half a spray job. :confused:

6. That if you leave two Volvos in a workshop together over the weekend, they’ll breed and be another 10 by Monday morning. :wink:

That’s my week…Take it away folks…:grimacing:

Lucy:
Straight down to busines this week, haven’t even had my Friday night takeaway yet! :open_mouth:

This week I learnt:

1. That filling a visibly knackered hub up with silicon sealer is not going to work in the long term no matter how much your local dealership try and claim that it will…not mentioning any names…NETV Billingham :unamused:

2. That when you limp it into Peterborough and have to get seriously arsey with the Workshop Manager to convince him that the silly little girl really does know what she’s talking about, isn’t going to let them get away with checking the oil level and sending her away and doesn’t believe that a bloody great pool of oil “probably wouldn’t be a PG9” , they’ll be a WHOLE lot nicer to you when they take the hubcap off and see that you are incontravertibly RIGHT! :stuck_out_tongue:

3. That if you have to be stuck anywhere for 24 hours, do it near to good, loyal, and handily off-sick friends - Many thanks again Steve (Biggusdickus) for the hospitality. :wink:

4. That my beloved Jeannie the Jinx is costing a fortune but still on the fleet despite all totally reasonable expectations to the contrary…and still has half my kit in it to make sure it doesn’t “disappear” whilst I have a week off…touch wood… :open_mouth:

5. That yellow paint is obviously rationed these days, if our new Mercs are anything to go by…You’ll know when you see one, they’re the ones with only half a spray job. :confused:

6. That if you leave two Volvos in a workshop together over the weekend, they’ll breed and be another 10 by Monday morning. :wink:

That’s my week…Take it away folks…:grimacing:

never spoke to you before but seems you had a bad week, my thoughts are there lol :smiley:

wouldnt worry about silly little girl attitude of fitters what do they know :laughing: as ive had the same attitude once or twice guess who had the correct diagnoss yep me again :laughing:

cyclists are very annoying :imp: :unamused: especially on windy B roads where you cant get past :unamused:

I learnt a few things this week.
Fuelling up
“Mike, give me a shout when you are at the diesel pump and i’ll show you how to fuel up”
“ok, it needs the registration number, mileage and a password (passcode) entering and fill in a fuel log sheet”?
“No, just press your key fob on the control box and it switches it on, thats all”
“Oh, right”
“Hey, top man you seem to know what you’re doing, i’ll leave you to it”
Getting out the gate
“when you finish tonight come and see me and i’ll show you how to operate the electric barrier”
(After i can’t find the gaffer i ask the ■■■■■■■ the desk for the code for the gate)
“Top man, you’re sorted then. How did you get the code?”
Finding my way around
“send me a text when you arrive at every delivery and collection point, just for the first day so we know its going all right”

“You seem to know where you’re going, thats great”
Back on agency
“you’ve been great this week Mike, thanks for your help, we’ll give you a shout when someones off sick or on holiday again”
“bye bye”

How to keep my cool when delivering cars to Waterloo train station for the first time :frowning:

. . . . . . . . . . . that we are having a 3rd baby!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

See, there is life (in the ol’ dog) after 40!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Everything else work-wise didn’t seem so important for the rest of the week!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

marcustandy:
. .See, there is life (in the ol’ dog) after 40!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats ageist and sexist and i think you should hang your head in shame. It not the standard of posting we expect from you Marcus !!!

i learnt that running with a trombone trailer set at 18 metres and carrying 26 ton of steel aint that scary after all (honest) :smiley: :wink:

I learnt that I dont exist :stuck_out_tongue:

I arrived home on Thursday and parked up in my normal spot to be met with a yellow jacket. You cant park here anymore, your company have stopped paying the parking. You have to move it.

Well even I cannot drive 2 vehicles at once so I took my car and left the truck where it was parked. followed by the yellow jacket. Are you leaving that there? It certainly looks like it I replied :smiley:

When I spoke to our accounts they asked me 3 times who I was and why I parked where I do.

I told them to check my contract and they told me they have no record of me working for them. As long as they keep paying me as they have for the last 3 years then thats fine.

Mike-C:

marcustandy:
. .See, there is life (in the ol’ dog) after 40!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats ageist and sexist and i think you should hang your head in shame. It not the standard of posting we expect from you Marcus !!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was meaning me!

Mrs Tandy is 10 years younger than me - that’s probably most of the reason we are where we are!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

marcustandy:
. . . . . . . . . . . that we are having a 3rd baby!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Congratulations, to you n yours Marcus.

I learned that we had 6 service failures in 2 months at our terminal.I learned that the drivers were 64% culpable and that dispatch is 27% responsible.No mention of the remaining 9%. :smiley:

I learned that if WBA are playing at home and you have a collection in a near by indusrtial yard and not out 45 minutes before kick off you have to wait at least 2 hours before you can leave :blush:

as fans park their cars in the entrance road and staff car park not leaving space for truck to pass :unamused:

I learnt that when I and the fleet engineer have a little joke about sending a certain Stralis back and putting the wife in a Mercedes or Volvo because I know she likes them so much, the wife has a very definate sense of humour failure :blush: :blush: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I also learnt I like this village very much , despite only having lived here a short time, on your birthday lots and lots of people from the village buy you beer, lots of beer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

marcustandy:

See, there is life (in the ol’ dog) after 40!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Everything else work-wise didn’t seem so important for the rest of the week!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations to you both Martin,
must be that German beer :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing:

Big Truck:
must be that German beer :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing:

Aye, Mrs Tandy always looks better after beer . . . . . . . . . . . :laughing: :laughing:

Good job I don’t let her on here . . . . . .

when i am asked to book my van in for a mot anytime of the day…the controllers really mean we only do mot’s after 3pm…why did you book it in the morning? (my answer only in my head!if i book it in the morning i get the whole morning off)I aint silly :smiley:

Very BIG guys do not fit in the spare seat of the Volvo C training vehicle and have to do their training for the C in the Scania :open_mouth: :blush:

Daytime tv will rot your brain quickly!
A combination of 3 different painkillers makes you float!
Congratulations martin on your news.