What boots do you use for work

well winter is starting to set in and I am going to get a new pair of boots
what should I look at
Dr Martens
timberland pro

I wear dewalt steel toe boots have found them to keep the feet warm and so far dry in rain and snow last year.
But most of all comfy to wear all day.

This has been done many times.

You won’t get better more from day one comfortable, safer (flexible steel undersole) or hardwearing as the completely waterproof DeWalt Challenger 2, but @ £70ish a pair few will try them, instead they’ll buy dodgy cheap crap from the car boot @ £30 a pop which give you blisters, leak and fall apart after 6 months.

edit…snap beetee

get big boots

Nice pair of riggers in the winter, deals with those swimming pool-sized puddles in the yard and no un-tying laces when I want to put my feet up!

I’ve recently watched a guy pull a set of legs off a trailer at 0600 because he didn’t want to get his “feet wet!”

Cat or dewalt are good. I had a pair of jcb dealer boots which were comfy and lasted well.

Dont get the Timberland pro, I bought these because the normal Timberlands I have are really comfortable but the pro are the worst steels ive had.
You will want to take them off after an hour or two.Go for the Dewalt

Hi tec magnums, comfy as and waterproof, can’t go wrong with them.

dealer boots easy to slip on and off as I don’t wear my boots in my house :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wildfire:
dealer boots easy to slip on and off as I don’t wear my boots in my house :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Same as - the steel toe cap variety.

I have a bit of a work boot fetish, I love them. I currently have a pair of Caterpillars which are great but pricey.

Some of the builders merchants do their own clothing and footwear ranges now which are good.

Trouble is with elf n safety places are refusing to let you in now if you haven’t got lace up boots on like Cemex Rugby. I’ll always prefer a sturdy lace up boot don’t feel comfy in riggers & you look like a ■■■■■ too :wink:

slippers 10 pounds from asda,

Dickies - warm dry and comfy and are standing up to the daily hammer very well.

Have tried riggers in the past but prefer something that laces up.

dean0:
slippers 10 pounds from asda,

You was robbed :wink:

I bought a pair of Wolverines when i was on holiday in the States. By far and away the best boots i have ever worn. The down side was the $100 price tag. Will need to look on tinterweb to see if i can get them over here though.

Just had a quick look and Arco sell the Wolverine boots in the UK.

arco.co.uk/wolverine

Dewalt boots are £39.99 in Costco with no Vat on, but only available in tan, ive got a pair and there really comfortable anyway. The magnums are what police and swat use I think so must be comfy too.

Currently wearing Jallatte boots can’t fault them they even had removable spike system which ideal for winter :wink:

tobytyke:
Dewalt boots are £39.99 in Costco with no Vat on, but only available in tan, ive got a pair and there really comfortable anyway. The magnums are what police and swat use I think so must be comfy too.

I don’t know about civvie plod but RMPs wore Lowas or Meindl. I have one pair of Meindls left and they’re amazing