What a load of rubbish literally

Did any one else catch story about transit driver.
Sat having his dinner did decent thing put is rubbish in a bag. And someone from council is trying to fine him for not having a waste licence.
Apparently any rubbish in bag of any kind is classed as waste and you need an appropriate licence to carry it

The alternative throw your rubbish our the window and let truck drivers take the blame for the rise it litter on the roads.

Got more detail, edd?
There MUST be more to it.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … k-van.html

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … k-van.html

Ye Gods, beam me up Scotty. The council of course wants its £154 for a licence and will do anything underhand to get it. A brown envelope would make it all go away I expect.

:imp: :imp: :imp: Exterminate, Exterminate.

Could you imagine the uproar if he’d used a compost bin

The key thing here is that you must have a licence for waste in a commercial refuse bag in a van, regardless of what it’s filled with. They are the rules. If it had been a black bin liner with the same stuff then no problem. I’m guessing it’s to deter people from not paying the correct commercial disposal fees. You never know press don’t tell the full story. The council might have been after this guy for a while for cheating the system? You don’t know without all the facts. The only fact here is the daily mail never give you all the truth.

edd1974:
Apparently any rubbish in bag of any kind is classed as waste and you need an appropriate licence to carry it

That’s not what has been said, carrying rubbish in a ‘commercial refuse bag’ is classed as waste and you need a licence for it. The guy wasn’t carrying it in a Tesco carrier bag.

I don’t agree with the fine but he wasn’t exactly doing it the way 99% of us do it.

Madness, effin madness!
He´s not chucking it over the hedge, nor on the lay-by, not dropping it anywhere it shouldn´t be.
If he´s taking the trouble to put his daily rubbish actually in a bag IN the van chances are very good that he will bin it appropriately.
Commercial bag rather than a placcy carrier bag. What? Eff off you ■■■■■

I cannot believe that this level of jobsworth ■■■■■ still happens.
Madness, effin madness. :imp: :imp: :imp:

I would of told them to ■■■■ off, go get a warrant to search my motor

The council’s question will be ‘why is he using a commercial refuse bag but doesn’t have a waste carriers licence’'.

steviespain:
Madness, effin madness!
He´s not chucking it over the hedge, nor on the lay-by, not dropping it anywhere it shouldn´t be.
If he´s taking the trouble to put his daily rubbish actually in a bag IN the van chances are very good that he will bin it appropriately.
Commercial bag rather than a placcy carrier bag. What? Eff off you [zb].

I cannot believe that this level of jobsworth [zb] still happens.
Madness, effin madness. :imp: :imp: :imp:

How do you know he hasn’t been filling them up and chucking em in hedges over the previous weeks and the council just needed to catch him with one on his possession to fine him?

Again, daily mail (and the press generally) don’t give you the full story…

It´s a fair question, dickynick, but do you believe that´s the case?

I´m also wondering if he freely gave permission for his van to be searched, or they just did it anyway. Could have a bearing.

steviespain:
It´s a fair question, dickynick, but do you believe that´s the case?

I´m also wondering if he freely gave permission for his van to be searched, or they just did it anyway. Could have a bearing.

Without the facts I don’t know. I imagine they had authority to search the van. As someone else as said, why wasn’t he putting his rubbish in a bag/bin like 99% of the rest of us would do? Instead he chooses to fill up a commercial waste sack? I just think there’s more to it before everyone jumps on the council/police/don’t like authority band wagon. That’s all I’m saying. Know the facts, which you, me, anyone else on here doesn’t know.

Yep, ok mate, I´ll concede that point until we get more info.
And I don´t believe they can have authority to just search a van, any van.
Suspected of a crime or in the commission of a crime etc.
If, however, they asked for permission, and it was freely given, then it´s a whole new ballgame.
Let me point out here, I am NOT a lawyer, and I may be typing a total load of ■■■■■ :slight_smile:

Wtf is a commercial waste sack? How does it differ from a standard bin liner?

As has been mentioned above methinks that there’s more to this than meets the eye. My first instinct is that he has in the past been reported for fly tipping but the authorities couldn’t make the charge stick so they spotted an opportunity.

In local pay display car park. What you supposed to do with your sweet wrappers coke can then?

My local ■■■■■■■ now want to charge for grass clippings in a brown bin. I now put some house hold waste in litter bins and grass in my general waste bin.

alamcculloch:
My local [zb] now want to charge for grass clippings in a brown bin. I now put some house hold waste in litter bins and grass in my general waste bin.

You can always just bag the whole lot up and take it to the tip, no? Private car? Not a transit?

If its in the Daily Mail it must be true…

Can’t see how the council can do this ,waste is regulated by the Environment agency ,you don’t buy a waste licence from the council .