West Yorkshire Police Message 18/6/13

West Yorkshire Roads Policing have concerns about the M62, specifically the LGV’s using it. We have had numerous complaints about lorries driving dangerously, tailgating and changing lanes without showing consideration to other road users. As a result of this, we have taken positive action on the M62 and other motorways in the county. Over the past month we have utilised a plain tractor unit, staffed by police officers armed with a video camera. We have filmed LGV drivers committing offences, such as tailgating, inconsiderate driving and driving whilst on mobile phones. The tractor unit is supported by two Police vehicles who stop the offending vehicles and deal with them at the road side, either by fixed penalty notice or reported for summons. The operation also looks at the same issue with cars and vans, utilising plain vehicles on the motorway networks to deal with the drivers of these vehicles committing the same offences.

We will we continue to work with Vehicle Operating Standards Agency (VOSA), carrying out checks on breaches of driving hours, dangerous loads, defective vehicles and linking in with HM Customs for red diesel offences.

The next part of the operation will be to look at foreign drivers. This is a national operation to tackle foreign drivers committing offences as it was raised by a West Yorkshire haulage company.

We have the capability of using the tractor unit free of charge when ever we require it, supported for fuel by the Highways Agency. West Yorkshire Police intend to use this on a regular basis to deal with the issues on the M62 and the other motorway networks. We continue to tackle issues on the M62 and other motorways on a regular basis with unmarked cars fitted with on board recording equipment and with will deal with those committing offences. Bad or inconsiderate driving will not be tolerated.

Video footage to follow.

Operational Support Services
West Yorkshire Police.

Are you from West Yorkshire police or at you just passing this message on?

Silver_Surfer:
Are you from West Yorkshire Police or at you just passing this message on?

I am not from WYP, I am just passing the message on, at their request.

Dieseldoforme:
West Yorkshire Roads Policing have concerns about the M62, specifically the LGV’s using it. We have had numerous complaints about lorries driving dangerously, tailgating and changing lanes without showing consideration to other road users. As a result of this, we have taken positive action on the M62 and other motorways in the county. Over the past month we have utilised a plain tractor unit, staffed by police officers armed with a video camera. We have filmed LGV drivers committing offences, such as tailgating, inconsiderate driving and driving whilst on mobile phones. The tractor unit is supported by two Police vehicles who stop the offending vehicles and deal with them at the road side, either by fixed penalty notice or reported for summons. The operation also looks at the same issue with cars and vans, utilising plain vehicles on the motorway networks to deal with the drivers of these vehicles committing the same offences.

We will we continue to work with Vehicle Operating Standards Agency (VOSA), carrying out checks on breaches of driving hours, dangerous loads, defective vehicles and linking in with HM Customs for red diesel offences.

The next part of the operation will be to look at foreign drivers. This is a national operation to tackle foreign drivers committing offences as it was raised by a West Yorkshire haulage company.

We have the capability of using the tractor unit free of charge when ever we require it, supported for fuel by the Highways Agency. West Yorkshire Police intend to use this on a regular basis to deal with the issues on the M62 and the other motorway networks. We continue to tackle issues on the M62 and other motorways on a regular basis with unmarked cars fitted with on board recording equipment and with will deal with those committing offences. Bad or inconsiderate driving will not be tolerated.

Video footage to follow.

West Yorkshire Police.

:unamused: Give it a ■■■■■■■ rest please. You’re worse than albion and this is about the 4th time you’ve posted this crap now. Change the ■■■■■■■ record.

Rob K:
(undisplayed)

Give it a [zb] rest please. You’re worse than albion and this is about
the 4th time you’ve posted this crap now. Change the [zb] record.

Who said that ?

My screen is blank.

Have I put someone on ignore ?

Dieseldoforme:

Video footage to follow.

West Yorkshire Police.

Thanks,info is handy,ill behave myself from now on :wink:

Dieseldoforme:

Rob K:
(undisplayed)

Give it a [zb] rest please. You’re worse than albion and this is about
the 4th time you’ve posted this crap now. Change the [zb] record.

Who said that ?

My screen is blank.

Have I put someone on ignore ?

Yep…Rob K

RANT!!!

How about they start sorting the car drivers who like to under take, cut up, or better, use the hard shoulder to undertake. These “trucks pulling out without consideration” do you mean putting a indicator on and then the car driver puts his foot down to try and prevent said truck from getting in to lane 2, and because the said car failed he moans and groans and calls the police. That’s how it is, well as I have seen it.

So far I have seen car drivers do the following,

1. Use a laptop whilst driving
  2. Eating there breakfast from a bowl whilst driving on a motorway
  3. Yes the dopey bint is looking in her rear view mirror but that’s for looking out of the back window not for doing her make up.
  4. Texting whilst driving
  5. Loads of people just sitting in lane 2 minding there own business. I think there is some offence for that but I have seen traffic failing to deal with it.

There are many other things they get up to whilst on the move, but cannot remember. Sorry but I feel they could use the unit to spy on car drivers from above, even better if sitting in traffic. I feel that car drivers are seen as angels. Everything is in there favour. I feel education is in order with some car drivers to know what HGVs are capable off.

Why is the police requesting you to pass information on? I find that a bit weird. Your either a copper, or a member of staff behind a desk just copying and paste info from a web site?

I said it on another post and I’ll say it again; if the police want to catch single offenders then unmarked vehicles are the way forward. If however they genuinely wish to prevent reckless and irresponsible driving resulting in injury or death then a highly visible roads presence is what is required.

Why influence one person when you can easily influence hundreds in one go?

Of course deterrence doesn’t raise revenue does it?

Good post,the maoster.I’ve been banging on about this for ages,and your last sentence sums it up nicely.

They should concentrate on the car drivers who hog the middle lane at 40 m.ph its as though they think they are acting as the police holding everyone back yet once through the roadwork’s they then break the speed limit and accelerate off at 80 m.ph. leaving a bunched up load of traffic behind them.
West Yorkshire police target the lorry drivers because they are easy targets but hey!!!
Where were they when cars used the hard shoulder as they did last week at Junction 22.
NO WHERE!

It also happens on the M6 by jct 3a (Coventry slip?) sometimes it builds up there and people use the hard shoulder :unamused:

Not moaning just cannot see why they just target one group of drivers. That unmarked unit could also target car drivers as they won’t think that a unit is a police vehicle. Trust me they will see a lot more car drivers breaking the laws then trucks.

Albion not saying truck drivers are perfect OK :smiley: :smiley:

They say they are trying to catch the foreigners watching DVDs,so why use a right hand drive truck?
Surely they should use a left ■■■■■■ and sit at 52 mph and let them overtake the solo unit.
That way they can see exactly what’s on their laptops.

Ive just been on wyp website and there is nothng about this.

If you ask me this is a load of ■■■■■■■■.

I think the poster must be a motorist that has a grievance against truckers.

Dieseldoforme:

Video footage to follow.

West Yorkshire Police.

I personally think this is a load of rubbish just made up that you have decided to post off your own bat. I’ll tell you exactly why i think that. There is no way the Police would say the things i’ve highlighted in bold, even if it where true. Infact, i’m going to ask them myself. Also i’d of thought you’d of needed some sort of agreement from Admin here to post on belhalf of WYP, i’m not aware of anything like that. I’ll look into it.

Mike-C:

Dieseldoforme:

Video footage to follow.

West Yorkshire Police.

I personally think this is a load of rubbish just made up that you have decided to post off your own bat. I’ll tell you exactly why i think that. There is no way the Police would say the things i’ve highlighted in bold, even if it where true. Infact, i’m going to ask them myself. Also i’d of thought you’d of needed some sort of agreement from Admin here to post on belhalf of WYP, i’m not aware of anything like that. I’ll look into it.

I find it weird. I don’t think the police would use a person to post on a truck forum on there behalf. If they wanted this info posted on here I think they would have done that themselves.

Good spot there. Police wouldn’t use that term as it is not “PC”.

VOSA stands for Vehicle and Operator Services Agency. Not Vehicle Operation Standards Agency. The po-leece wouldn’t get that wrong.

6/10 for effort.
Over & out from TruckNet CSI.

Bring it on, because if I pull out to middle lane and get held up by a car doing 40mph, hopefully the car/van will get prosecuted for hogging the middle lane and I will get left alone for trying to progress.
I love it how just before the big climb westbound the speed limit ends and the cars/vans race off leaving us struggling up the hill because we have started it at 40-45mph stuck behind them! start the hill at 55/56 its holding a bit more speed before the truck starts loosing power.

It’s a load of horse,
I think it’s time I saved all my bad clips from my dash cam and emailed off to the police for prosecution.
Thinking of sending them to Towergate insurance too as they are offering £25 per clip of bad driving sent to them thru email.
( pay rise!!)

Mike-C:

Perhaps you should have spoken to Admin before your usual spouting off.

When you have spoken to Admin, I’d appreciate an apology from you.

Dieseldoforme:

Silver_Surfer:
Are you from West Yorkshire Police or at you just passing this message on?

I am not from WYP, I am just passing the message on, at their request.

Who asked you to pass this message on ? You can pm me if you don’t want the details public.