West Yorkshire Police Message 18/6/13

Love it, go admin :smiley:

What’s with the three dots all the time? Iz dat sum gangsta ting or iz my man some tryhard cation wid all da fake fedz tredz?*

*Translation on request.

Driveroneuk:

A most informative and interesting post. Thank you.

You’re welcome new member, Mr 10 posts a day. Hope it helps. :laughing:

What is this post all about?
Despite the bad grammar it still doesn’t really stack up as being genuine as in my opinion the ‘Police’ have their own media to enlighten the public of any ‘operations’ they may be about to, or are indeed currently carrying out!
As for all the rubbish about red diesel offences & unmarked cars I believe the original poster needs to wake up & come to terms with the fact that all this is happening NOW! On most roads in Britain.

Oh, & why not any mention Yorkshire Police? That this ‘operation’ was brought about by the death of a young lady & the injuries caused to 20 other passengers in a mini bus crash on the M62 … Or is that forgotten now?

Get a grip, all the stuff below by the original poster is garbage, I’d put money on it!!!

**(**We will we continue to work with Vehicle Operating Standards Agency (VOSA), carrying out checks on breaches of driving hours, dangerous loads, defective vehicles and linking in with HM Customs for red diesel offences.

The next part of the operation will be to look at foreign drivers. This is a national operation to tackle foreign drivers committing offences as it was raised by a West Yorkshire haulage company.

We have the capability of using the tractor unit free of charge when ever we require it, supported for fuel by the Highways Agency. West Yorkshire Police intend to use this on a regular basis to deal with the issues on the M62 and the other motorway networks. We continue to tackle issues on the M62 and other motorways on a regular basis with unmarked cars fitted with on board recording equipment and with will deal with those committing offences. Bad or inconsiderate driving will not be tolerated**.)**

Hmm, tosh I’d say!

It’s very condescending coming on here and telling us that the police will be doing their jobs.

I will be doing mine also & if they catch me being naughty then I will take my licks in good grace, that is all.

Mike-C:

Dieseldoforme:
West Yorkshire Roads Policing have concerns about the M62, specifically the LGV’s using it. We have had numerous complaints about lorries driving dangerously, tailgating and changing lanes without showing consideration to other road users. As a result of this, we have taken positive action on the M62 and other motorways in the county. Over the past month we have utilised a plain tractor unit, staffed by police officers armed with a video camera. We have filmed LGV drivers committing offences, such as tailgating, inconsiderate driving and driving whilst on mobile phones. The tractor unit is supported by two Police vehicles who stop the offending vehicles and deal with them at the road side, either by fixed penalty notice or reported for summons. The operation also looks at the same issue with cars and vans, utilising plain vehicles on the motorway networks to deal with the drivers of these vehicles committing the same offences.

We will we continue to work with Vehicle Operating Standards Agency (VOSA), carrying out checks on breaches of driving hours, dangerous loads, defective vehicles and linking in with HM Customs for red diesel offences.

The next part of the operation will be to look at foreign drivers. This is a national operation to tackle foreign drivers committing offences as it was raised by a West Yorkshire haulage company.

We have the capability of using the tractor unit free of charge when ever we require it, supported for fuel by the Highways Agency. West Yorkshire Police intend to use this on a regular basis to deal with the issues on the M62 and the other motorway networks. We continue to tackle issues on the M62 and other motorways on a regular basis with unmarked cars fitted with on board recording equipment and with will deal with those committing offences. Bad or inconsiderate driving will not be tolerated.

Video footage to follow.

Operational Support Services
West Yorkshire Police.

I personally think this is a load of rubbish just made up that you have decided to post off your own bat. I’ll tell you exactly why i think that. There is no way the Police would say the things i’ve highlighted in bold, even if it where true. Infact, i’m going to ask them myself. Also i’d of thought you’d of needed some sort of agreement from Admin here to post on belhalf of WYP, i’m not aware of anything like that. I’ll look into it.

• 1 well said.

Isn’t pretyending to be the Police an offence in it’s own right?

I’m sure they don’t need someone to pretend to be them even on the t’internet…

Also would the police come one here and say guess what we’ve got a white Scania to pull drivers with.
Dosen’t that defeat the object of it?
Once you see a White unit only Scania you’ll slow up leave a gap and wave as they sail past.

Once we’ve done you were gonna sort the foreigners are they the EDL’s Logistic wing?

Do they pop onto Gangsta websites and identify undercover officers?

“Hi guys just to let you know all those new freinds you’ve made are undercover officers”

Silver_Surfer:
It’s very condescending coming on here and telling us that the police will be doing their jobs.

I will be doing mine also & if they catch me being naughty then I will take my licks in good grace, that is all.

I couldn’t agree more with you. The OP is BS :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

philberg182:
I couldn’t agree more with you. The OP is BS :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Just slow down in Whitchurch philby. Tut Tut. :laughing:

What’s with the dots?

Dieseldoforme:

philberg182:

Just slow down in Whitchurch philby. Tut Tut. :laughing:

I did the speed awareness course, yawn, I got caught just over the limit but hey I’ll

take it on the chin I’m not infallible and I’m no saint either :grimacing: :grimacing: .Then again this ain’t about me it’s about you posting the same old crap Mr Police
PR wannabe :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
Christ you couldn’t even get the Vosa abbreviation correct
Tut tut

mickyblue:
RANT!!!

How about they start sorting the car drivers who like to under take, cut up, or better, use the hard shoulder to undertake. These “trucks pulling out without consideration” do you mean putting a indicator on and then the car driver puts his foot down to try and prevent said truck from getting in to lane 2, and because the said car failed he moans and groans and calls the police. That’s how it is, well as I have seen it.

So far I have seen car drivers do the following,

1. Use a laptop whilst driving
  2. Eating there breakfast from a bowl whilst driving on a motorway
  3. Yes the dopey bint is looking in her rear view mirror but that’s for looking out of the back window not for doing her make up.
  4. Texting whilst driving
  5. Loads of people just sitting in lane 2 minding there own business. I think there is some offence for that but I have seen traffic failing to deal with it.

There are many other things they get up to whilst on the move, but cannot remember. Sorry but I feel they could use the unit to spy on car drivers from above, even better if sitting in traffic. I feel that car drivers are seen as angels. Everything is in there favour. I feel education is in order with some car drivers to know what HGVs are capable off.

Why is the police requesting you to pass information on? I find that a bit weird. Your either a copper, or a member of staff behind a desk just copying and paste info from a web site?

I agree with this!

Why don’t the police take the time to address the atrocious standards of car driving first. There’s considerably more of that, than bad truck driving, and I would suggest they cause more danger with their antics in close proximity to trucks, than any truck drivers.

the maoster:
I said it on another post and I’ll say it again; if the police want to catch single offenders then unmarked vehicles are the way forward. If however they genuinely wish to prevent reckless and irresponsible driving resulting in injury or death then a highly visible roads presence is what is required.

Why influence one person when you can easily influence hundreds in one go?

Of course deterrence doesn’t raise revenue does it?

Absolutely correct maoster!

dieseldoforme

Are you the originator for the chalk on tyres story too perchance?

claretmatt:
dieseldoforme

Are you the originator for the chalk on tyres story too perchance?

No - but I did have the original idea to make tyres out of rubber.

mickyblue:
What’s with the dots?

It’s a secret undercover communication system called Morse Code.

… / —

… / - / … / -.-. / -.-

• / … / .- / -

…- / .–.

-.-- / — / …- / .-.

[–… -… ]

Dieseldoforme:

… / —

… / - / … / -.-. / -.-

• / … / .- / -

…- / .–.

-.-- / — / …- / .-.