Well this just happened!

Parked up for the night, chilling with the telly on and the passenger window explodes! Crapped my pants!

Foul play? Or Fowl play?

I’m parked up on a street near White Hart Lane expecting that to happen at some point. Considering sticking a note on the door for any thieves offering the diesel as long as they leave me alone.

Had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago in Cambridge services. It was the drivers window and exploded while I was sitting in the drivers seat taking a break. Same as you gave me a big shock. Can only presume that a wagon threw up a stone while turning in the services.

possibly a group of young toerags with an air rifle

truckman020:

That’s the only scenario that makes any sense to me. Nothing moving near me, no people around. Not my night. Now at Scania being told they don’t have one in stock!!!

Chunkzilla:

truckman020:

That’s the only scenario that makes any sense to me. Nothing moving near me, no people around. Not my night. Now at Scania being told they don’t have one in stock!!!

Had exactly the same problem when my drivers one went on my XF. Glass people didn’t have one DAF did, but they would not buy one from DAF. In the end bought a window from DAF myself and then got glass company to fit it following day. Luckily got home that night. Then explained what had happened to my insurance broker and he got my money back from the insurance company.

mrginge:
I’m parked up on a street near White Hart Lane expecting that to happen at some point. Considering sticking a note on the door for any thieves offering the diesel as long as they leave me alone.

You loading at Brantwood breakers? Saw one of your version 4’s there yesterday

OVLOV JAY:

mrginge:

You loading at Brantwood breakers? Saw one of your version 4’s there yesterday

That will be the one. Take a load up to Derbyshire then straight back down for another one in the afternoon.

Brantwoods ain’t there anymore, they moved up to Hoddesdon. It’s redcorn on brantwood road now.

I used to work for both of them

Glass does has a habit of shattering all of its accord for no apparent reason. The issue with glass is the fact it isn’t really a solid in the pure sense of the word. Glass molecules don’t actually bond together properly like a solid should, hence why old windows can be hard to get out of a frame as they change shape over time. I used to know a glazing company and occasionally helped them out and saw a pane shatter to pieces across he other side of the unit, they said it happens more than you would think but not massively often.

Volvos are quite prone to it,

We’ve had a few explode,

BradCarTransporter:
Brantwoods ain’t there anymore, they moved up to Hoddesdon. It’s redcorn on brantwood road now.

Correct, as an update for the diary, I didn’t get broken into but someone did fly tip car parts under the trailer :laughing:

mrginge:

BradCarTransporter:

Correct, as an update for the diary, I didn’t get broken into but someone did fly tip car parts under the trailer :laughing:

Bugger me! That’s a new one on me!

mrginge:

BradCarTransporter:

Sure you haven’t got a hole in the trailer floor? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah it was plastic inner arches, lights, car mats etc. I ended up throwing in the trailer as I was picking up car bales this morning anyway.

Would rather they loaded it themselves whilst I was chilling but there you go, I only knew about it when a Ford Focus driving passed me hit one of the wheel liners :laughing:

OVLOV: Certainly not, saw other people drive past and throw things over the gate of the scrap yard. :sunglasses:

That happened to me when i dropped a trailer once , when i uncoupled i didnt stow away the suzies , and the yellow one got caught on a little shelf at the front of the trailer
When i pulled out from under the yellow lead came flying through the back window with great force and nearly killed me , I think it would of if it had hit me in the back of the head

not in a truck, but our office is being refurbished , there are a few sliding glass partition windows… it is tempered glass… one of these just exploded the other day for no apparent reason…, millions of bits… I am now waiting to see what the H&S team can dream up to protect our office staff in case of a repeat incident…watch this space…

Trukkertone:
not in a truck, but our office is being refurbished , there are a few sliding glass partition windows… it is tempered glass… one of these just exploded the other day for no apparent reason…, millions of bits… I am now waiting to see what the H&S team can dream up to protect our office staff in case of a repeat incident…watch this space…

When the kids were small, we moved into an old house with a big glass panel in an interior door. I stuck clear Fablon on the glass (the sticky-backed plastic popular on Blue Peter) to make it similar to laminated if they fell against it.

Tempered glass is better than the 1970 plate glass wall in Reception at work, a colleague tripped and fell against it, it broke and a huge shard cut a long gash in his leg, off work for weeks

A lot of years ago I had the rear window of a Vauxhall hatchback go while getting petrol in a garage. I put it down to spray from the car wash going on it on a hot day, but never did know for sure