Well, my wish came true faster than i thought!

And im on my first night out tonight!

a couple of questions…

1. anyone know of a decent truck park with nice showers in or around bristol??

2. do you leave your digi card in and set to rest while your sleeping, or do you take it out??

cheers

B…

Bungle666:

a couple of questions…

2. do you leave your digi card in and set to rest while your sleeping, or do you take it out??

cheers

B…

If you leave it in then don`t forget to go into menu and end the shift.
I take mine out at night but its upto you
Truckstop try here
milestoneops.com/truck-stops/avon-lodge/

I always take mine out, sometimes you have to move the truck… Cant help you with truckstops but if your stuck for somewhere and dont mind not staying in services i normally park up on the last ind estate i tip at or better still you can look on google maps to see if you can park at your first tip for the next day, means you dont have to get up early if you can :slight_smile:

If you take it out, then if for any unforeseen reason you need to move 2 yards overnight you can do so without having to explain in triplicate why. Obviously less chance of needing to move in a truck park, but in lay-by as other vehicles come and go it might be required.

I leave card in. I only switch it to break/bed, then select other work for 5 minutes in the morning.

Bungle666:

a couple of questions…

cheers

B…

If you wanna rough it on industrial estate “safe police come past!” You want millbrook road at yate park on that road there is a kebab van on while late near the car sales place end or if you want pub walk past that to the T jct turn right upto main road turn left follow road over train tracks big pub on left does 2 courses £6 good food too ask for specials board :wink: cheap pint too… So I’ve been told of course

Tacho! Pop it out best option

Right, definitive answer please from someone who knows not speculation. If you finish for the day, can you not just stick it on bed and have your daily rest or do you also have to go in to the depths of it and tell it you’re ending your shift?

Silver_Surfer:
Right, definitive answer please from someone who knows not speculation. If you finish for the day, can you not just stick it on bed and have your daily rest or do you also have to go in to the depths of it and tell it you’re ending your shift?

When i was on paper chart i was given infringements for not putting a small mark at the start and end of my shift and so as your not recording the fact your ending shift by leaving your digi card in and just putting it on rest surely it works the same?

Silver_Surfer:

Silver surfer although not definitive I parked up with a fellow driver from same company 50+ times (we had a speacial relationship) I always pop my card my mate left his on JUST BED. Neither of us got infringements to sign when we downloaded our cards. And this was from a woman that analysed our cards and do you for a minute and do an infringement for a legal ferry crossing!!! Needless to say I used a ■■■■■■■■■ marker to write ferry on the piece of paper!!
Sorry slightly off topic there rant over

Lets get rog to phone vosa for us.

I select rest then go into menu to entry driver 1, press ok then select end country, uk then ok then thats it till the morning then do it all again but selecting begin country.

jessicas dad:
I select rest then go into menu to entry driver 1, press ok then select end country, uk then ok then thats it till the morning then do it all again but selecting begin country.

Hence “grey” area I’ve always popped my mate always left his card in and that never any infringements from the company plus never anything said by Vosa. So is this an each to there own? Hmm

I do fully respect your way of doing it and not trying to cause a slagging match btw everyone!!

Silver_Surfer:

The definitive answer is that at the start of a shift you’re legally required to enter the country where the shift starts, and at the end of the shift you’re legally required to enter the country where the shift finishes.

There’s no grey area on this issue, it’s all documented in the regulations.

Article 15.5a - Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85

5a. The driver shall enter in the recording equipment in conformity
with Annex IB the symbols of the countries in which he begins and
ends his daily work period.

tachograph:

Silver_Surfer:

The definitive answer is that at the start of a shift you’re legally required to enter the country where the shift starts, and at the end of the shift you’re legally required to enter the country where the shift finishes.

There’s no grey area on this issue, it’s all documented in the regulations.

Article 15.5a - Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85

5a. The driver shall enter in the recording equipment in conformity
with Annex IB the symbols of the countries in which he begins and
ends his daily work period.

Saaamon:
When i was on paper chart i was given infringements for not putting a small mark at the start and end of my shift and so as your not recording the fact your ending shift by leaving your digi card in and just putting it on rest surely it works the same?

It it’s a paper chart it has to show an unbroken 24 hr record just putting a mark at the point where it’s removed and/or put back isn’t good enough.If you need to remove it for whatever reason during that 24 hr period you continue the record on the back using the graph provided in just the same way as using the old log books.If you’re using the vehicle all the time including nights out and the chart is removed in that case VOSA would want to be given an explanation why it was removed and not left in for the full 24 hrs.

Big ■■■■:

Bungle666:

a couple of questions…

cheers

B…

If you leave it in then don`t forget to go into menu and end the shift.
I take mine out at night but its upto you
Truckstop try here
milestoneops.com/truck-stops/avon-lodge/

superb suggestion that as it was right round the corner from my last drop!!

cheers

B…

Carryfast:

Saaamon:

It it’s a paper chart it has to show an unbroken 24 hr record just putting a mark at the point where it’s removed and/or put back isn’t good enough.If you need to remove it for whatever reason during that 24 hr period you continue the record on the back using the graph provided in just the same way as using the old log books.If you’re using the vehicle all the time including nights out and the chart is removed in that case VOSA would want to be given an explanation why it was removed and not left in for the full 24 hrs.

That’s nonsense, there’s no requirement to leave a chart in for 24 hours nor is there any requirement to complete the chart for the 24 hours.

I’ve never seen or heard of anyone completing a full 24 hours on a chart.

The time between shifts is assumed by VOSA to be a rest period.

The exact regulations is bellow and there’s certainly no mention of having to complete the chart for the full 24 hours.

Drivers shall use the record sheets or driver cards every
day on which they are driving, starting from the moment they take over
the vehicle. The record sheet or driver card shall not be
withdrawn before the end of the daily working period unless its withdrawal
is otherwise authorized.

Carryfast:

Saaamon:

What if you work for 8 hours. Then have 9 off then start again and do a 15. Do you pull over and change tacho when that 24 hour period is up. Put fresh card in then carry on.
You will end up setting the alarm just to get up and change tachos.

spectron:

Carryfast:

Saaamon:

What if you work for 8 hours. Then have 9 off then start again and do a 15. Do you pull over and change tacho when that 24 hour period is up. Put fresh card in then carry on.
You will end up setting the alarm just to get up and change tachos.

+1 good point

Bungle666:

a couple of questions…

cheers

B…

leave it in on bed and then you cant move unless you start your daily rest again, its all there for vosa to see and you wont be liable for any movement while your parked, drivers who take out their card are willing to break the law as and when it suits.