Well my sat nav died

So my tom tom truck sat nav has died so off down halfords to grab a new one tonight but what to get the tom tom has been great tbh and I don’t do trunking I’m all local ish and home every night so don’t need owt with a TV ect… Any advice on what’s best?

before you go spending big buck’s find out if you have a nearby computer repair shop and take it to them I killed mine a couple of years ago ,he had loads of old one’s and done a refurb job for around £45 better than some of those cheapies on fleabay :smiley:

Is it properly dead, or just in need of a reset?

Hold down the ON button for 30 secs, and they reset. mine did anyway.

If you have a smart phone try Copilot or Sygic apps. They have a free trial and do not need a data connection as the maps are stored in memory. They work just like a stand alone sat nav and have Truck specific versions too for around £100. You can trial Sygic Truck for 7 days.
Maybe some other members can give their opinion on these here?

I have a truck one Snooper S7000.The screen has gone dark but still ok to use.I can post it free and no charge for the sat nav.

My tomtom died on me brought it to computer repair shop told the battery was dead and would cost £70 to replace took it home opend it up took part number from battery and got one on line for £6 and fitted myself and if I can do it anyone can worth a try

Stay with tom tom and for a official outlet look here tomtom.com/en_gb/shop/tomtom-outlet-store/

I binned my tom tom a couple of years ago and just use the phone sat nav for free

Does sat nav mode on google maps use a lot data?

I was getting a new one at Xmas anyway as mines needs new maps and they want 120 a year but the new ones have lifetime free updates. Been using google maps but the truck have makes life so much easier I deliver plant hire so the hight of my truck is forever different

These are really cheap, and work fantastically.

Clunk:

really cheap yeh but im trying to make life easier not harder :laughing:

Clunk:

yep !! cheaps the word , got loads of them and not one came with a lead for the ■■■ lighter . :frowning:

Clunk:

yeah they are generally good but usualy out of date by the time you buy them :smiley:

samsgrandad:

Clunk:

yeah they are generally good but usualy out of date by the time you buy them :smiley:

sat navs sooooo much easier to carry than 20 maps too…

back on topic jusr ordered a garmin has free maps and free traffic for life that will do me

Has anyone tried the snooper one with the built in video recorder ?

Cotswoldcrunch:
Does sat nav mode on google maps use a lot data?

i dont know really as my 3 plan includes unlimited data

bigtanker198:

samsgrandad:

Clunk:

bigtanker198:
I’m all local ish and home every night

I did multi drop in the south west, and only needed 7 of them. Oxford, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset and Gloucestershire.

Clunk:

bigtanker198:

samsgrandad:

Clunk:

bigtanker198:
I’m all local ish and home every night

I did multi drop in the south west, and only needed 7 of them. Oxford, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset and Gloucestershire.

Tbh I know my routes it’s just the bridges think the sat nav gives me peace of mind when I first started courier work in my c15 van :wink: it was local map and ask in local garage for directions now I like my sat nav.

And no google maps is good don’t use much data tbh

The best free mobile maps is on the windows phone. It uses navteqs which is more like tom tom interface .and if you get a monthly unlimited sim for 15 pounds then it’s a good deal