Well my sat nav died

well ime what you young un’s call an old hand been at it since I was 17/ 59 next week and I wouldn’t be without my tom tom but still have the bridge map as backup tom tom’s good but not 100% and neither is the map as for the phone sat nav that’s totally us and its only 6 months old

Funny enough, They don’t teach you how to read a map on the CPC but they do teach you to drink water and not coffee ! Priorities

Sat nav’s the Tom Tom (car) i found to be bad , routing is completely bolloxed for any vehicle types sometimes like if you set the destination to say Gregory dist on highwood road bristol, coming from B’ham it routes you on to the M48 ■■? turn round at serv’s and back to M5 wtf for■■? then directs you off at J16 then onto Highwood road which is a urban DC until you reach the access for busses only part, when it should of directed you to come off at J15 instead , or routed you via Hayes way from the A38 ,A £40-£50 truck sat nav off ebay wouldn’t route you via the M48 ffs,Just one example of how bad the tom tom sat nav can be, although they have finally got the going around roundabouts ( in a clockwise direction ) displayed correctly, they used to display anti clockwise,lol

frenchtrucking:
Funny enough, They don’t teach you how to read a map on the CPC but they do teach you to drink water and not coffee ! Priorities

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Very true, never considered that actually.

My satnav died and i can’t be bothered to replace it. Gone back to using maps. If it takes me longer to find somewhere then I earn more money as I am hourly paid. Only person it was benefitting was the boss so if he wants me to have one then he can pay for it.
Managed ok for about 2 months or so now.