Well done the torys bring on the road charging

well done the torys and those that voted for em… now some tory called yeo? was on radio 2 today telling us his bright plan s about road charging, only 8p a mile he said… but he never said that was the car rate not the lorry rate :imp: one woman phoned up saying she does 70miles each way a day to work :unamused: his reply when told of her extra costs… buy a greener car…
then vine asked him bout lorrys, his reply… i know british truckers do a good job working away etc etc etc… then when asked bout the charges didnt say nowt but overseas trucks will get charged also… :open_mouth:
then when asked about lorrys not using motorways etc… just the reply weight limits on other roads …

oh but we COULD not will pay less road tax or a little cut in petrol costs… and he says most people wont be worse off… :unamused:
this goverment is gonna slam us back into the ■■■■■■
wonder if clegg the turncoat will get back in in sheffield after a big grant to the city was cut.
all the new road scemes that are now cancelled, the jobs for school repairs, all job cuts, then 1/4 of public sector workers getting the boot.
jobless will hit over 3million easy…
but back to the roads… even at 8p a mile… a lorry doing 300 motorway miles, will get a bill for £24… times 5 £120 a week times 50 £6000 grand a year on car rates!!! wonder what the cut in tax/ duty will be…
doomed bloody doomed… and i still havent forgive the torys for taking away my little bottle of milk i used to get at school…

Well, basically we now have to pay for the appalling mis-management of the economy by the last, Labour government. Had they been re-elected, they would have to do pretty much the same. We spent more than we earned for years and now we have to take our medicine.

I didn’t like Mrs Thatcher, but then I didn’t like drinking room-temperature school milk either, so they kinda cancel each other out :wink:

dazaster:
doomed bloody doomed… and i still havent forgive the torys for taking away my little bottle of milk i used to get at school…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I heard some of that broadcast,and when I saw the thread title,I was ready to respond with some vitriolic comments,but having read your post,I can’t add much at all.Nice truckers,we already fleece them.Shame for them,let’s take them for some more.We’ll shut them up by charging the foreign lorries as well.LOVELY JUBBLY .LOADSAMONEY for HMG,and Ooops-where’s our transport industry gone? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

they did say “Vote for Change”

but to be fair we were only in a recession for bout 6mth last yr for those that do follow politics will know ( yep my son does ) & we were actually startin to make money ok slowly but just have to look at Greece / Spain / Portugal as they did stop spendin money

Harry Monk:
I didn’t like Mrs Thatcher, but then I didn’t like drinking room-temperature school milk either, so they kinda cancel each other out :wink:

yeah but even in tory run scarborough the milk was chilled … maybe your school was in a labour area :wink:

oh almost forgot the same mp. thinks it costs £1 to cross the dartford bridge :unamused: or maybe thats all he got in his expensises :imp:

i heard him on the radio also .
he did mention a figure of 15p per mile for trucks and also on about selling the motorway network to private companys and the billions of pounds they get putting into upgrading the railway networks ,so theyre not even gonna put back into the roads and no mention of making safer and better places to park trucks overnight .
they could quite easily charge foreign trucks road tax when they enter the country now if they wanted without putting tolls on roads but they just cant be bothered in my opinion.

calebs gramps:
i heard him on the radio also .
he did mention a figure of 15p per mile for trucks and also on about selling the motorway network to private companys and the billions of pounds they get putting into upgrading the railway networks ,so theyre not even gonna put back into the roads and no mention of making safer and better places to park trucks overnight .
they could quite easily charge foreign trucks road tax when they enter the country now if they wanted without putting tolls on roads but they just cant be bothered in my opinion.

If you’re a foreign operator you would’nt bother if you’ve got any sense you’d drop the trailer in Calais and send it unaccompanied thereby saving the costs of subsidising the LibDemCons rail transport plans.But everyone knew when the LibDems got into government that they’d use road transport taxation to subsidise the rail industry just like the Labour lot and the Cons have a track record of support for rail at the expense of road transport.It’s just another form of communism in which rail transport is always the favoured mode of transport.

dazaster:
well done the torys and those that voted for em… now some tory called yeo? was on radio 2 today telling us his bright plan s about road charging, only 8p a mile he said… but he never said that was the car rate not the lorry rate :imp: one woman phoned up saying she does 70miles each way a day to work :unamused: his reply when told of her extra costs… buy a greener car…
then vine asked him bout lorrys, his reply… i know british truckers do a good job working away etc etc etc… then when asked bout the charges didnt say nowt but overseas trucks will get charged also… :open_mouth:
then when asked about lorrys not using motorways etc… just the reply weight limits on other roads …

oh but we COULD not will pay less road tax or a little cut in petrol costs… and he says most people wont be worse off… :unamused:
this goverment is gonna slam us back into the [zb]…
wonder if clegg the turncoat will get back in in sheffield after a big grant to the city was cut.
all the new road scemes that are now cancelled, the jobs for school repairs, all job cuts, then 1/4 of public sector workers getting the boot.
but back to the roads… even at 8p a mile… a lorry doing 300 motorway miles, will get a bill for £24… times 5 £120 a week times 50 £6000 grand a year on car rates!!! wonder what the cut in tax/ duty will be…

It’s not going to cost the truck operator a penny.

Ben9:

dazaster:

this goverment is gonna slam us back into the [zb]…

It’s not going to cost the truck operator a penny.

thats 100% true,its going to cost us the public,everything will go up in price to pay for it.

164480:
thats 100% true,its going to cost us the public,everything will go up in price to pay for it.

Yes it will, but once again, this is because of the mistakes of the last government, not this one.

don’t seem to be a problem in france etc.
just use A roads for local jobs and save the motorways for the long stuff

make the motorways like some roads in france into toll roads

@ cheesey, then they will place certain roads out of bounds
just like in France & Germany also how are they going to collect
the charge what system will they use a home built system or one from abroad
this is another cost factor that will effect what happens in the future,

Well at least they are cutting the funding of speed cameras by about £20 million and some of the staff that review the shots are being made redundant.

hiya… if they start charging the French drivers to use our roads they might stop coming altogeather and then we,ll be in the sh…
we don,t grow much in the UK anymore and we don,t make anything theres only eddie to move what bit there is left to move.
I think times are going to get worse and the goverment can,t see it coming, we can,t blame any one party they are all as bad as
each other, I bet Brown give a sigh of reliff when he lost the last election he can slip off to Dubi or somewhere and start a new life
leaving us lot in the sh… he,ll still get 70 grand a year pension been a ex prime minister and live on freebies like the rest have done
over the years.
John
blood presure falling now ter arr.

Harry Monk:

164480:

Yes it will, but once again, this is because of the mistakes of the last government, not this one.

Agree with Harry, sad thing is that most people just don’t understand that, and will blame the new government (who are just trying to sort out Labours mistakes) for all the increases in tax etc etc etc… Next election all the numpties will vote Labour and we’ll be back in the same mess again. If the Consvs actually stayed in power long enough and had a chance to sort everything out, we would all be better off and the country would be a better place.

3300John:
I think times are going to get worse and the goverment can,t see it coming, we can,t blame any one party they are all as bad as each other.

Couldn’t agree more, as long as the country’s run by a bunch of toffy nosed idiots who are 100% oblivious (and more to the point, don’t care) about the real world, nothing’ll ever change.

“[zb] you jack, my duckhouse looks spiffing on my moat!!! better still - YOU paid for it har har” :open_mouth:

[/quote]
If the Consvs actually stayed in power long enough and had a chance to sort everything out, we would all be better off and the country would be a better place.
[/quote]
yes like thatcher did with the coal,steel, and glass industries.

there is nothing left, apart from the haulage to get rid of.

If my memory is right, when Labour took over from the Tories there was a massive backlog of repairs/ building etc to hospitals, schools etc etc.
The electorate wanted money spent on these issues., along with more police, nurses etc etc.
At each election the Labour party told the electorate that it was going to spend this money and the electorate voted in favour, so labour went ahead and spent it.The people got what they asked for.
Perhaps if the banks hadn’t got into such dire problems the finances of the country would not have been as dire as they are.
Now, however with the Coalition of Tory and Liberals,(what a bunch of power hungry sellouts the Libs are) spending is to slashed, so in a frew years time the hospitals and schools etc etc etc will need a massive amount spending on them, so we will get a Labour government who will start the cycle over again…
As far as I can see there is no end to the cycle
The only constant is that the ordinary working man wil get penalised by either party.