WEIRD!

Driving to Worcester this morning, and my tacho went mental. Started whirring and ejected my card. Unit won’t accept it now. Error 50 appeared. Only had this new one 4 months! Anyone else had this happen? :confused:

Even the tachos are getting p*ssed off with the job :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love my job!

Error 50 is a card error, I think. Means the head unit can’t read / write the card.

Does your card work in other head units?

I know, happened when I first started in the job. Had to replace the card. Have to do it again I think. Ain’t technology marvellous?!

we had one do it this very morning , the machine ■■■■■■■■■■ the card and reported a security breach … wtf … :open_mouth:

That’s what mine said as it gobbed it out!

put the fuse back in, and stop trying to confuse it. :laughing:

bowser:
we had one do it this very morning , the machine ■■■■■■■■■■ the card and reported a security breach … wtf … :open_mouth:

■■■■■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

I reckon its probably being caused by that magnet you stuck to the gearbox mate :wink: :wink:

Worcester triangle!

Yes mine has just done that. Error 50 and security breach 43.

Just rang VOSA, got 15 days to replace it. I asked if I had to do print outs (which I will) and the guy said any manual record does.

aye just got my replacement back this morning, exactly the same, put it in and after 10 minutes of looking for my trailer spat the thing out straight back at me with the card error 50, after that the card wouldn’t work and tried in 3 different machines - one being a scaina one which just confused things even more for me.

same happened to another driver the morning after, I think there is a year 2011 bug in these machines, they’re plotting either it’s vosa against us drivers or the machines against us humans!!!

the magnet goes on the gearbox, not in the card slot :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

Do not keep your tachocard together with credit cards as it causes card not to be read by VU

bowserman:
Yes mine has just done that. Error 50 and security breach 43.

Just rang VOSA, got 15 days to replace it. I asked if I had to do print outs (which I will) and the guy said any manual record does.

The guy is a trumpet and is talking out his arse, email him this. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Any manual record does not do. You have to take a printout at the start of the shift and again at the end then sign both printouts and enter either your driving licence or digi card number. You use the mode switch during the shift as you would if the card was in.

MisterStrood:
Do not keep your tachocard together with credit cards as it causes card not to be read by VU

Doesn’t matter, the card will either work or it won’t pretty much regardless of what you do. For the last 5 years or so my card, when not in use, has been kept in my wallet next to bank cards and my work ID card which gets scanned by the entry gate at work. When I am at home my mobile sits on top of my wallet and never had a problem with any of the digi cards I have had in that time.

I always kepted mine in my analoge tacho wallet thing as I use both, no where near other cards and the only magnetic sources near it is what ever my brain gives off - still played silly buggers with me

Coffeeholic:

MisterStrood:

Doesn’t matter, the card will either work or it won’t pretty much regardless of what you do. For the last 5 years or so my card, when not in use, has been kept in my wallet next to bank cards and my work ID card which gets scanned by the entry gate at work. When I am at home my mobile sits on top of my wallet and never had a problem with any of the digi cards I have had in that time.

I never even thought of this, until I just looked, 2 mobile phones, my wallet, and DECT home phone on top of computer speaker. There will be hell to pay if I cannot get any money with my cashpoint card when I venture off to the pub in an hour or so!

Coffeeholic:

MisterStrood:

We had a memo telling us not to keep digi cards and bank cards together