Weekly Rest, To Little

Well first time infringment for weekly rest which was under 45 hrs, never had that before, aparantly it was the weekend ending 1st of december! what would I need to be looking for, before or after the event to make sure it is correct, and if it is, is it to late to make it up? the infringment print out also had 24 hrs mentioned.
Wont really have a clue as to what actualy happened till i get to the yard this afternoon.
Only thing I can think of is I maybe finished at 1900hrs friday then started before 1500hrs sunday.
If it is correct, should I worry about 1 incident?

There’s no infringement yet. You still have time to catch up.
That’s assuming you usually take 45 hours or more each week.
How much under 45 hours was you?
How many hours off did you take the week before?
How many hours did you take off in the weeks ending 8th, and 15th?

It’s probably a case of the office idiot not knowing the rules.

You can’t get an infringement for under 45hrs weekly rest. It may of coincided with the previous week or subsequent week which also may have been under 45hrs which would cause an infringement.

Wouldn’t worry about one infringement by the way.

Rog will be along soon asking for relevant data to produce a spread sheet etc before he can calculate what was what …
you prob had less than 45 after a reduction the previous week … watch out for your payback make sure you get enough for your reductions…

and over to Rog :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I’ll wait for the replies to the questions posed by limeyphil

weeto:
Well first time infringment for weekly rest which was under 45 hrs, never had that before, aparantly it was the weekend ending 1st of december! what would I need to be looking for, before or after the event to make sure it is correct, and if it is, is it to late to make it up? the infringment print out also had 24 hrs mentioned.
Wont really have a clue as to what actualy happened till i get to the yard this afternoon.
Only thing I can think of is I maybe finished at 1900hrs friday then started before 1500hrs sunday.

As has been said you can’t get an infringement for having less than a 45 hour weekly rest period unless you only had reduced weekly rest periods in two consecutive weeks.

Well not unless your company has some weird rule that forbids reduced weekly rest periods anyway.

You need to check if you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest period the week before the one you got the infringement for, if you did, unless you needed to pay back some compensation that week the infringement is wrong.

If your tachograph analysis is usually pretty good it’s likely that you had only reduced weekly rest periods in two consecutive weeks.

ROG:
I’ll wait for the replies to the questions posed by limeyphil

pmsl :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

limeyphil:

Done a print out for that weekend and I had about 41 hrs off, I know I’ve had a few weekends were I have had full weekend off as in finish fri start mon, May be it was highlighting it was a reduced rest period, just not had it on an infringement sheet before.
Will check other weekend rest periods when I get finished.
I take it I need a rest period extended by 4 hrs? Or 4 hrs break through a shift?

weeto:

limeyphil:

Done a print out for that weekend and I had about 41 hrs off, I know I’ve had a few weekends were I have had full weekend off as in finish fri start mon, May be it was highlighting it was a reduced rest period, just not had it on an infringement sheet before.
Will check other weekend rest periods when I get finished.
I take it I need a rest period extended by 4 hrs? Or 4 hrs break through a shift?

Payback has to be done as part of a rest period, either daily or weekly, but it all has to be done in 1 go.

If you usually have 13hrs off per day, then that’ll cover it, if you’ve got a reduced rest available, 9 + 4 = 13. If you normally have a full weekend off, ie finish Fri and start Monday, you’ll easily be covered again 45hrs + 4hrs = 49hrs (2 days 1hr).

weeto:

Compensation should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

The four hours compensation should be paid back in one lump by adding it onto any rest period of at-least nine hours.

Having four hours off during the shift would be a split daily rest period, it would not be compensation for a reduced weekly rest period.

If you started the weeks work on Sunday 1st December you will need to pay back the four hours compensation by midnight Sunday 22nd December :wink:

two choices really. take a daily rest of 9 plus 3 hours, 4 to cover yourself, and you’re sorted.
or, a 45 hour weekly rest plus 3 or 4 hours ish.

vosa won’t be interested, jobsworths are though.

tachograph:

weeto:

As has been said you can’t get an infringement for having less than a 45 hour weekly rest period unless you only had reduced weekly rest periods in two consecutive weeks.

Well not unless your company has some weird rule that forbids reduced weekly rest periods anyway.

You need to check if you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest period the week before the one you got the infringement for, if you did, unless you needed to pay back some compensation that week the infringement is wrong.

If your tachograph analysis is usually pretty good it’s likely that you had only reduced weekly rest periods in two consecutive weeks.

tachograph:

weeto:

Compensation should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

The four hours compensation should be paid back in one lump by adding it onto any rest period of at-least nine hours.

Having four hours off during the shift would be a split daily rest period, it would not be compensation for a reduced weekly rest period.

If you started the weeks work on Sunday 1st December you will need to pay back the four hours compensation by midnight Sunday 22nd December :wink:

Should be ok then, had 3hrs + whilst tipping one day last week followed by 13hrs+ daily rest, cheers ta.

weeto:

tachograph:

weeto:

Should be ok then, had 3hrs + whilst tipping one day last week followed by 13hrs+ daily rest, cheers ta.

I doubt it. It would have to be 9 + 3 as one lump, not 3 hours whilst tipping, drive, then rest.

limeyphil:

weeto:

I doubt it. It would have to be 9 + 3 as one lump, not 3 hours whilst tipping, drive, then rest.

Yes but the three + hours rest during the shift meant he only needed nine hours rest after the shift for a split regular daily rest period.

Three hours during the shift plus 13 hours after the shift (9 hours daily rest + 4 hours compensation) should give him a clear sheet.

tachograph:

limeyphil:

weeto:

Yes but the three + hours rest during the shift meant he only needed nine hours rest after the shift for a split regular daily rest period.

Three hours during the shift plus 13 hours after the shift (9 hours daily rest + 4 hours compensation) should give him a clear sheet.

Sorry, Read it wrong. I thought he was adding his extended break whilst tipping to his daily rest.
He’s ok, The office bod needs poking in the eye.

Mucker1:

VOSA Would not agree with your statement , it’s 300 quid for that offence no messing and parked up

topmixer11:

Mucker1:

VOSA Would not agree with your statement , it’s 300 quid for that offence no messing and parked up

No it isn’t. Max is £200. No offence has occured and even if it had, It would be a warning or very low fine. He isn’t a prolific offender.

limeyphil:

topmixer11:

Mucker1:

No it isn’t. Max is £200. No offence has occured and even if it had, It would be a warning or very low fine. He isn’t a prolific offender.

It’s now 300 have the fine sheet tariffs in front of me and yes they will do you my mate got done at beacons field 2 weeks ago got a 300 and 45 park up