Weekends ?

I keep seeing posts on FB about having to stop during weekends in Europe. Ok, so you need a 45 hour break when over there, then they complain because you are spending 45 hours in the cab. If the German or any other European country insist you leave the cab are they going to provide hotel accommodation for you at their expence, just as Britain has to provide hotel accommodation for all the Romanian immigrants ?
Just black the countries and stop delivering unless they will accept it during the weekends, It’s by far time Britain stood up to the countries we either beat or liberated in two world wars.

+1…if only, :slight_smile:

Pat Hasler:
I keep seeing posts on FB about having to stop during weekends in Europe. Ok, so you need a 45 hour break when over there, then they complain because you are spending 45 hours in the cab. If the German or any other European country insist you leave the cab are they going to provide hotel accommodation for you at their expence, just as Britain has to provide hotel accommodation for all the Romanian immigrants ?
Just black the countries and stop delivering unless they will accept it during the weekends, It’s by far time Britain stood up to the countries we either beat or liberated in two world wars.

Says you in America. Come back and join the revolution…BROTHER! :unamused:

Pat Hasler:
Just black the countries and stop delivering unless they will accept it during the weekends

so you think it’s about time to shut down the british international hauliers for good then :laughing:

I think that would be the size of it,though at least self destruct would be a easier choice as dying a slow death the way it has been for years.

It is Belgium and France enforcing the no sleeping in the cab for a 45 hour weekly rest period.
It is ok for 24 hours off.The Police record the number plate and note the times you are parked up for.
I have read the fine is 30,000 euros for the truck owner and prison.
The EE drivers use hotels now or park on private land such as their freight forwarder warehouses.
It has been written in the rules about not being in the cab on a long break but nobody ever enforced it until now.

toby1234abc:
It has been written in the rules about not being in the cab on a long break but nobody ever enforced it until now.

Isn’t it more of a case of it not being written in to the rules that you can take a full 45 hour break in the truck and the French acting their usual pedantic selves and spying an opportunity to act the bureaucratic tyrant and the Belgians jumping on the band wagon?

robinhood_1984:

toby1234abc:

Isn’t it more of a case of it not being written in to the rules that you can take a full 45 hour break in the truck and the French acting their usual pedantic selves and spying an opportunity to act the bureaucratic tyrant and the Belgians jumping on the band wagon?

I think you will find the Belgians jumped 1st on this one

It’s down to the actual wording of the legislation.
I can’t remember exactly what it says off the top of my head and it’s too late to go fishing for it now, but it says something like A reduced weekend rest can be taken in the cab
By implication, as it doesn’t say “A full weekend rest”, they are reading it to mean A full weekend rest cannot be taken in the cab.

If it’s written in the rules that’s fair enough providing it’s also written in the rules that the company the driver works for provides hotels accommodation during that 45 hours.
If trucks are fully equipped as any such vehicle doing long hauls should be I don’t see the problem staying in the cab, when I was self employed and running the whole 48 lower states I often spent a weekend in my cab at a truck stop, I must have access to a shower.
Answer me this though … does the same rule apply to drivers from Europe that are in the UK ? If not it should, this is my whole point about the Europeans trying to rule over the UK.

how do enforcement know your actually in the truck …could you not be picked up by a French lady and spend your 45 hours ■■■■■■■■…

cliffystephens:
how do enforcement know your actually in the truck …could you not be picked up by a French lady and spend your 45 hours ■■■■■■■■…

and after 45 hours of wild, passionate love-making; you go back to the cab to have a 45 hour recovery period and get fined for it. Cliffystephens, you are not thinking it thru.

Pat Hasler:
Answer me this though … does the same rule apply to drivers from Europe that are in the UK ? If not it should, this is my whole point about the Europeans trying to rule over the UK.

No. It’s not a “Europe” thing, its the French and Belgians being pricks as usual. Because everyone is running more legal than ever they have to invent new offences to justify their existence as enforcement bodies and they’ve really scraped the barrel with this one. It will be no different in North America when everyone is on elogs and has disc brakes. All the DOT numpties will be stood around with nothing to do so they’ll have to invent new things to find wrong or risk being made redundant. I’ve already noticed them going to extreme lengths to check things that even a year ago would never have happened. They’re desperate to portray to the public that we’re a threat and they’re needed to keep the public safe from the truck menace.

robinhood_1984:
< snipped >
Because everyone is running more legal than ever they have to invent new offences to justify their existence as enforcement bodies and they’ve really scraped the barrel with this one. It will be no different in North America when everyone is on elogs and has disc brakes. All the DOT numpties will be stood around with nothing to do so they’ll have to invent new things to find wrong or risk being made redundant. I’ve already noticed them going to extreme lengths to check things that even a year ago would never have happened. They’re desperate to portray to the public that we’re a threat and they’re needed to keep the public safe from the truck menace.

Looks about right to me.

cliffystephens:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Personally Jordan, I like the elogs now, especially a on the last two DOt inspections, they have had a good effect…
DOT officer on route 401 near Toronto … “I will need your log book driver ?”
“I’ use elogs”
“Forget it then, I can’t be bothered with that crap” LOL.
DOT officer in NY on I-87 three weeks back … “I need your logbook driver please ?”
“I am on elogs”
“Oh forget it then, it’s not worth the bother”
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t think the goal behind this is revenue, it’s more about control, look at the speed camera ■■■■■■■■, doing 45 in a 40 is now something to be scared of, the authorities establish these zero tolerance rules and enforce them rigorously, the people then become brainwashed and subservient to everything they’re told to do. It’s a form of mind control and indoctrination.

In short, without all the long words, the [zb]s are trying to turn us into robots…

Well I am looking like having a 45 in the cab this weekend in France and just a month ago my boss and are other driver had a week 4 days or so at a show waiting to load, no one was fined and no one was hung so it will be interesting to see what if anything happens as the reason I will be having 45+ maybe is a will be tipping a conference on sat and then waiting for the load out 2 days later. I think these rules are to combat the cabotage thingy (think that’s what it’s called) and stopping people use France as a weekend place and then get French work back to uk on the Monday? I maybe be totally wrong so if I’m in prison next week I will be sure to get someone to put it up in this thread. :slight_smile:

Prisoner 348346 Jarvo.
Age 29.
Sentence ; 15 years and five months.
Offence; Paragraph 34/674 ,Articles 397 to part DF
sleeping in a lorry cab.
The judge recommend 10 years hard labour smashing boulders at a quarry with only a chisel and a hammer.
Meal breaks will be only 8.30 minutes.
On release of prison,the debt owed to society for this hideous crime,a total of 759,000 Euros must be paid to the town Mayor of where you parked the lorry.
One hours tv a week is allowed in the cell.
It is not always dark at 6 O’clock.
Appeal has been rejected in this case.

Pat Hasler:
Personally Jordan, I like the elogs now, especially a on the last two DOt inspections, they have had a good effect…

it’s like in europe with the switchover to digital - first they wouldn’t bother with the card, now the newer guys can’t read a paper chart…