Weekends ?

milodon:

Pat Hasler:
Personally Jordan, I like the elogs now, especially a on the last two DOt inspections, they have had a good effect…

it’s like in europe with the switchover to digital - first they wouldn’t bother with the card, now the newer guys can’t read a paper chart…

Our ‘Peoplenet’ elogs have just changed, in the older system we just saw a screen showing what hours were left to use, we have new touch screens now and the actual log (graph page) is visible, it looks like a regular log book page.

Pat Hasler:
Our ‘Peoplenet’ elogs have just changed, in the older system we just saw a screen showing what hours were left to use, we have new touch screens now and the actual log (graph page) is visible, it looks like a regular log book page.

Except its not like a regular log book and thats why you parked on the hard shoulder of an interstate to get your 30 minute break in. No thanks, you can keep all that panic and jumping through hoops. There is no way on earth that an elog is ever better than a paper log for the driver. You can run as legal as you like, and I do 99% of the time but if push comes to shove and circumstances dictate, I’ll get away with running over my time to a proper parking place, you won’t and while you’re parking on the hard shoulder taking your enforced break, I’ll be in a truckstop or rest area without a violation showing, every single time.

So,has anybody actually know any one who has been fined■■?

Wouldn’t have thought so…

well, since the british are not among the nationalities targeted, you could well “have thought so”. from what I heard a month ago, the regular dump used by eastern europeans to weekend in the port of antwerpen has been hit hard. bear in mind that these are exactly the crowd them french and flamish are targetting - doing work in western europe for months on end

milodon:
well, since the british are not among the nationalities targeted, you could well “have thought so”.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …love it. A touch of Eastern European sarcasm there M`lud!..sorry “Milodon”! (English Sarcasm! :smiley: :wink: )

bullitt:

milodon:
well, since the british are not among the nationalities targeted, you could well “have thought so”.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …love it. A touch of Eastern European sarcasm there M`lud!..sorry “Milodon”! (English Sarcasm! :smiley: :wink: )

However I think milodon is right, loads on this thread complaining about this policy, but I’m sure I’ve read posts from many of them complaining about East European drivers camped out for weeks on end across Europe and how something should be done. However EU free movement and free trade regulations and commercial pressures mean the options are limited. But 2 countries have found a loophole and they are using it, and judging by the fact there are spaces on many services at the weekend, where in previous years they were chock full means it might be having an effect.

And having just done a trip from the UK to Denmark down to near Limoges and back to the UK, I only saw 4 British registered trucks so I doubt this policy will affect many British drivers. :frowning:

so is it still ok to have 24 hrs off in france on w/ends.

^^ seems that the general concencus is that reduced weekend break is fine, full weekend is not.

I believe the French are enforcing the regulation which states that a Daily rest and Reduced weekly rest period can be taken in the cab, but they’ve interpreted that because the Regulations don’t say you can take a full weekly rest in the cab it means you can’t.

So you should be ok.

Hope so lol, thanks for that guys.

It’s all because of the Eastern Europeans being in the wagon for days on end waiting for reloads and dropping there kegs wherever they like for a dump
In Rotterdam there are only certain areas you can park.€10 a night
That is why they have enforced the 45 hour off in cab rule

it’s easy to get around the problem, just book back on to other work at 44 hours have a hour. then go back onto rest again if needed, then you only need to make back the hour for the reduced rest, and there will be nothing they can do about it as you have not taken a 45 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Pat Hasler:
Just black the countries and stop delivering.

I’m sure there are so few Brit drivers over there these days that doing that wouldn’t even be noticed apart from on the M20 where there will be a slight increase in foreign registered trucks