weekend working

Normally only work mon/ fri roughly only 10,12 hours a day
However I have to work the next 2 weekends.
I worked a full week last week
Work mon/ tues this week then weds off, work thurs, fri, sat , sun.
work mon, tues next week then weds off then work thurs, fri , sat , sun.
Week after that will be work mon, tues off weds then work thurs, fri then weekend off and back to normal the week after ( mon to fri)
Would this be legal regarding weekly rest etc

cheers

you need to take your weekly rest no later than 6 days since your last and (i may be wrong) but can’t have 2 reduced weekly breaks back to back, so if I am reading this right, no it won’t be legal.

Danny_b:
you need to take your weekly rest no later than 6 days since your last and (i may be wrong) but can’t have 2 reduced weekly breaks back to back, so if I am reading this right, no it won’t be legal.

True…you can only do a Normal and a Reduced…you can NOT do 2 reduced back to back…compensation for your reduced must be paid back by the end of the third week, and can be added to the end(s) of any (including reduced) daily rest periods.

vwgpmk2:
Normally only work mon/ fri roughly only 10,12 hours a day
However I have to work the next 2 weekends.
I worked a full week last week
Work mon/ tues this week then weds off, work thurs, fri, sat , sun.
work mon, tues next week then weds off then work thurs, fri , sat , sun.
Week after that will be work mon, tues off weds then work thurs, fri then weekend off and back to normal the week after ( mon to fri)
Would this be legal regarding weekly rest etc

cheers

Need a bit of info …
What did work over xmas new year? - I need to know to see if this is right …

Off over Xmas and new year with first shift back on mon jan 6 = REGULAR WEEKLY REST FOR 06/01 - 12/01
Work mon 06/01/ to fri 10/01
Off sat 11/01 + sun 12/01 = REGULAR WEEKLY REST FOR 13/01 - 19/01
Work mon 13/01 to fri 17/01
Off sat 18/01 + sun 19/01 = REGULAR WEEKLY REST FOR 20/01 - 26/01
Work mon 20/01 + tue 21/01
Off wed 22/01 = REDUCED WEEKLY REST NOT USED FOR ANY WEEK
Work thu 23/01 to tue 28/01
Off wed 29/01 = REDUCED WEEKLY REST FOR 27/01 - 02/02
Work thu 30/01 to tue 04/02
Off wed 05/02 = REDUCED WEEKLY REST NOT USED FOR ANY WEEK
Work thu 06/02 + fri 07/02
Off sat 08/02 + sun 09/02 = REGULAR WEEKLY REST FOR 03/02 - 09/02
Work mon 10/02 to fri 14/02
Off sat 15/02 + sun 16/02 = REGULAR WEEKLY REST FOR 10/02 - 16/02

THE ABOVE IS SUBJECT TO ME BEING CORRECT ABOUT THE XMAS/NEW YEAR TIME OFF

Rog
You are correct with all that, we finished before Christmas and didn’t restart until the 6th

Cheers

vwgpmk2:
Rog
You are correct with all that, we finished before Christmas and didn’t restart until the 6th

Cheers

Then as you can see - its legal to do :smiley:

Unless another member sees that I have cocked up somewhere …

ROG:

How did you guess?

Half way through you shifted the goal posts!!
At the start you claim that Sat 11/1 and Sun 12/1 can count as your weekly rest for the week 13/1 -19/1 - sorry■■? - 2 days plus 7 days = 9 days i.e. NOT a single week!!!
Sat 18 and Sun 19 count in that week (REGULAR).
Wed 22 off counts for week 20/1 - 26/1 (REDUCED).
Wed 29 off counts for week 27/1 - 02/02 (REDUCED).
Wed 5, Sat 8, and Sun 9 count for week 03/02 - 09/02 (REGULAR plus payback)

It’s illegal and that’s that. Whatever way you try to dice it and splice it you’re still going to have two consecutive REDUCED weekly rests - and that’s ILLEGAL!

sonofjamie:

ROG:

How did you guess?

Half way through you shifted the goal posts!!
At the start you claim that Sat 11/1 and Sun 12/1 can count as your weekly rest for the week 13/1 -19/1 - sorry■■? - 2 days plus 7 days = 9 days i.e. NOT a single week!!!
Sat 18 and Sun 19 count in that week (REGULAR).
Wed 22 off counts for week 20/1 - 26/1 (REDUCED).
Wed 29 off counts for week 27/1 - 02/02 (REDUCED).
Wed 5, Sat 9, and Sun 9 count for week 03/02 - 09/02 (REGULAR plus payback)

It’s illegal and that’s that. Whatever way you try to dice it and splice it you’re still going to have two consecutive REDUCED weekly rests - and that’s ILLEGAL!

Knowledge of the law on this is key …

A fixed week is sunday midnight to sunday midnight

Each fixed week must have a weekly rest used for it

At least every other fixed week must have a regular weekly rest

A weekly rest can only be used once

Any weekly rest that is at least 1 minute in a fixed week can be used for that fixed week

A weekly rest that includes sunday midnight is in two fixed weeks - the fixed week ending and the fixed week starting

… With the explanation of the law can you now see that its legal?

In the above answer I started with the weekly rests at the start of each fixed week and end with the weekly rests at the end of each fixed week with a weds weekly rest covering the transition week

ROG:

Absolutely not!!! Like I say you can dice it and splice it 'til you’re blue in the face, the end result will always be the same - ILLEGAL!!

ROG:
In the above answer I started with the weekly rests at the start of each fixed week and end with the weekly rests at the end of each fixed week with a weds weekly rest covering the transition week

Yes exactly!!! Like I said - you “moved the goalposts”!!! You cannot keep shifting your reference periods to suit whatever ends you want to achieve.

sonofjamie:

ROG:

Absolutely not!!! Like I say you can dice it and splice it 'til you’re blue in the face, the end result will always be the same - ILLEGAL!!

Then it seems you have a lot to learn about the laws that govern drivers under EU regs

Perhaps when you are ready to do that you might like to participate in a relevant course on the subject

sonofjamie:

ROG:

Yes exactly!!! Like I said - you “moved the goalposts”!!! You cannot keep shifting your reference periods to suit whatever ends you want to achieve.

That is legal under EU regs

Take another look at the rules and point out where you think one of then has not been complied with - please quote the law which you think has not from the list I posted

ROG:
Perhaps when you are ready to do that you might like to participate in a relevant course on the subject

Excuse me, I think you’ll find that YOU are the one who needs to go on a course!! What makes you the resident expert? I have some bad news for you. Insisting that you are right does not make you right. The law is quite clear on weekly rest periods - you should read it when you’ve got the time.

ROG:
Take another look at the rules and point out where you think one of then has not been complied with

I’ve already clearly pointed out the flaws in your analysis. If you’re not man enough or intelligent enough to accept that then so be it. Grow up!!

May I suggest you contact someone who you do trust to know the laws and then return to this thread

I found this which could explain why you are not up to speed on the current 2007 rules …

sonofjamie:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108521&p=1639283#p1639283 I’m looking to get back into driving after a 10 year (alternative career) break, (and please don’t all shout at me at once “DON’T DO IT!”) and was just wondering what kind of Class 1 work was on offer from driving agencies in the Glasgow/West of Scotland area?
In my 13 years driving before I threw in the towel (BTW 5 of those 13 years were as an OD), I did mainly container work, trunking and occasional tramping, along with curtainsiders and whisky CLV’s.
I have mainly seen adverts for retail RDC work doing store deliveries and multi-drop, which is not entirely my cup of tea, but I guess I wouldn’t say never. Just wondered if anyone on here has worked for any of the agencies in Scotland, what kind of work you were offered, and which ones you think are the best.
P.S. I’m also looking to start my CPC training and would be interested on any advice/input on what training centres in this area are any good.

ROG:
May I suggest you contact someone who you do trust to know the laws and then return to this thread

I found this which could explain why you are not up to speed on the current 2007 rules …

I am well up to speed with the current regs. having just completed the CPC course this week and having done quite a bit of research on the subject over the past couple of weeks. If you want to spit your dummy out then go ahead. You really are one sad individual. Did it bother you that much that I showed you up to be wrong that you felt the need to scour the message boards to check what I had posted in previous threads■■? You really must be pretty insecure to scrape the barrel like that.
I would have given you the benefit of the doubt and put it down to you being on the juice on a Friday night, but after that I’m afraid you don’t have any excuses

Assuming the work pattern is as ROG has posted, and the OP has said it is, then it is legal.

(A weekly rest period that crosses over 2 weeks (Sunday/Monday) can be used for either week but not both)

The last 45 hours of the OPs Cristmas holiday counts as the weekly rest period for the first week back at work (6th to the 10th on January), in weeks 1, 2 and 3 in the image I’ve posted the weekly rest periods are taken at the start of the week, this can happen because the driver doesn’t start work until Monday morning so the weekly rest period crosses over Sunday/Monday.

In week 4 the Wednesday is taken off which allows the driver to start a new set of six 24 hour periods, after that the weekly rest periods are taken at the end of the week.

In the scenario mentioned the driver is having weekly rest periods that fully comply with the EU regulations weekly rest requirements.

The OP should however be aware that from the week starting on Monday the 3rd of February he will need to have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week, and he will need to compensate for the reduced weekly rest period on the 29th January.

It’s a fair cop guv!

Apologies to ROG for doubting him. :blush:

It’s interesting that they treat truck drivers as if they are as thick as mince, and then give them a set of regs to follow that you would need to be a Philadelphia lawyer to understand!!! :unamused: