weekend rest

im almost embrassed to ask but im working this afternoon finish about 3 in the morning an working monday afternoon
how many hours off have i got to have? having a brainstorm an cant remember for the life of me :blush: :blush:

Depends what tiome you starting Monday afternoon but lets say 3pm Mon afternoon then your looking at 36hrs roughly, just make it up next weekend.

A regular weekly rest of at least 45 hours, or a reduced weekly rest of at least
24 hours, must be started no later than the end of six consecutive 24-hour
periods from the end of the last weekly rest. In any two consecutive weeks,
a driver must have at least two weekly rests — one of which must be at least
45 hours long. A weekly rest that falls in two weeks may be counted in either
week but not in both. Any reductions must be compensated in one block by
an equivalent rest added to another rest period of at least 9 hours before the
end of the third week, following the week in question.

Hope thats of some use…

Have to have 45 or more, No less than 24.

Alternatively, a driver can take a reduced weekly rest period of a minimum of 24 consecutive hours.
If a reduction is taken, it must be compensated for by an equivalent period of rest taken in one block
before the end of the third week following the week in question. The compensating rest must be
attached to a period of rest of at least 9 hours — in effect either a weekly or a daily rest period.

slightly off thread and i know its been posted b4 but couldnt find it.

my question is as follows.

if a put a card in every day and work mon thro to sat say lunchtime and i then take 24hrs off at home can i start again sun lunchtime.

As long as you have a minimum of 24 hours off then you are fine.

neil46:

if a put a card in every day and work mon thro to sat say lunchtime and i then take 24hrs off at home can i start again sun lunchtime.

How often are you intending to do this :question:

thats a difficult one but i always take my 45 at the end of the 3rd week

neil46:

As long as you have a full 45 hour weekly rest at least every second week there’s no problem, but as you know you will need to pay back the reduction en-block by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduction was taken.

Breaker One-Nine:

As long as you have 24hrs off “away from the depot” you are fine. If you’ve parked up in the depot you must take 36. If they want you you to start before having a 36hr rest, turn up late.

neil46:

In olden days when knights were bold you could get away with it for ever and ever. Since they brought in the digi, you can get away with it until you get nicked. Which will be the first time you get a ministry check after your first three weeks.

george3:

Breaker One-Nine:

As long as you have 24hrs off “away from the depot” you are fine. If you’ve parked up in the depot you must take 36. If they want you you to start before having a 36hr rest, turn up late.

No offence intended mate but you need to catch up on the regulations :wink:

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t have a 24 hour reduced weekly rest with the vehicle parked up at the depot or anywhere else for that matter.

george3:

Breaker One-Nine:

Think you’ll find that the away from depot has changed now

tachograph:

george3:

Breaker One-Nine:

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t have a 24 hour reduced weekly rest with the vehicle parked up at the depot or anywhere else for that matter.

Is that one of those 07 changes?

neil46:
thats a difficult one but i always take my 45 at the end of the 3rd week

If you mean -
Full weekly rest at the weekend
Reduced weekly rest at the weekend
Reduced weekly rest at the weekend
Full weekly rest at the weekend

then that is illegal :exclamation: :exclamation:

george3:

neil46:

In olden days when knights were bold you could get away with it for ever and ever. Since they brought in the digi, you can get away with it until you get nicked. Which will be the first time you get a ministry check after your first three weeks.

And in 2009 he can do this pefectly legally. Of course this is presuming his last weekly rest was a full rest and his next one will be a full rest too.

berewic:

tachograph:

george3:

Breaker One-Nine:

Is that one of those 07 changes?

Yes.

im lost now after working 5 nights when i start my weekly rest do i have to have 45 or can i have 36?
as it turns out i finished at midnight sat :slight_smile:

dave150267:
im lost now after working 5 nights when i start my weekly rest do i have to have 45 or can i have 36?
as it turns out i finished at midnight sat :slight_smile:

It depends on how long last weeks rest was If your rest last week was at least 45 hours you can have a minimum of 24 hours this week. If your last one was less than 45 hours then you must have at least 45 this week.

That means the earliest you can start work again is 00:00 Monday if you only need a minimum of 24 hours, or 21:00 Monday if you need the full 45 hours.

You must have a rest each week

In any two weeks they must either be both at least 45 hours or one at least 45 hours and one at least 24 hours.

There is no 36 hour rest in the regulations any more, since April 2007. Since then there has also been no restrictions as to where you can take a 24-hour reduced rest.

last weekend had sat sun an monday off

so i guess im okay which ever way i do it mate? :slight_smile:

so basically i need 45 every weekend then? if i do have a 24 one weekend the followin weekend has to be a 45?