weekend rest

dave150267:
so basically i need 45 every weekend then? if i do have a 24 one weekend the followin weekend has to be a 45?

Yes, and the number of hours less than 45 you have, 21 in the case of a 24 hour rest, will need to be compensated for. They have to be added, in one block, to another rest of at least 9 hours before the end of the third week following the reduction. So, if you count the week in which you take the reduced rest as week 1 you will have to add the hours to another rest period before the end of week 4.

so at the end of week 4 id need to have 45+the 21 reduced which is oweing?

does the reduced hours (21) have to be added in one go an does it need to be added to a weekend rest of 45 or can you add hours here an there?
:confused:

or can the 21 be added to a daily rest of 11 hours to make a 32 hour rest? :confused: :confused: :confused:

dave150267:
so at the end of week 4 id need to have 45+the 21 reduced which is oweing?

It would have to be at the latest before the end of week 4, you could take it earlier than that.

dave150267:
does the reduced hours (21) have to be added in one go

Yes, that’s why I said ‘in one block’ in the last post. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

dave150267:
an does it need to be added to a weekend rest of 45 or can you add hours here an there?

You can’t add it here and there, one block remember, and it can be added to any other rest of at least 9 hours, daily or weekly rest in other words.

dave150267:
or can the 21 be added to a daily rest of 11 hours to make a 32 hour rest? :confused: :confused: :confused:

That would work, or 9 + 21 to give 30 hours.

Note, you don’t have to add 21 when you take a reduced rest unless you reduce right down to 24 hours. You only need to compensate the actual number of hours less than 45. So, if you took a 40 hour weekly rest you would add 5 hours to another rest period, take 32 hours and you add 13.

cheers mate think i got it now!!!

beginning to think it would be safer to have 45 every week then im not goin to risk having to turn down a shift cause ive got hours to make up :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

been away to long need to get back in the loop i think :confused: :confused: :slight_smile:

If you are not sure if you can do a shift or not stick a post on here with details of your last weekly rest, when it was and what hours you’ve worked since and someone will keep you right. Be a shame to turn work down when you could do it.

true mate thanks for the help
by the way you still doin over the water? :slight_smile:

dave150267:
true mate thanks for the help
by the way you still doin over the water? :slight_smile:

Yes but just local stuff not any great distances any more.