Weekend idiots / musical chairs

what is it with this lot where they can’t help but move things , now I’m not on about bedding left on bunk ( that goes home ) , clothes left in lockers ( that goes home ) , I’m on about 3 bloody air freshners that I could work fine where they were all being stored away God knows where , the spare number plate behind drivers seat gone , where , who bloody knows , my cleaning stuff that was all stored in drivers door cubby hole is now in the bloody passenger door cubby hole , the Anderson lead that was store in tray at back of cab in now chucked on the passenger footwell :unamused: :smiling_imp:
I suppose I shouldn’t moan as I’ve now got the silver foil tray pies are in as a ash tray , I don’t bloody smoke
amazing he’s got all this time to zb around moving things but no time to fill the Lorry back up with diesel / ad - blue as it was left .
and what does the bloody office say about all this at midnight on a Sunday write it on your defect sheet , and no we can’t tell you who had your truck
does my head in :smiling_imp:

Ah yes but at least he didn’t retune all your set radio stations with radio 1 heart capital etc.

So you left it how you like it when you drive it. And he left it how he likes it when he drives it.

Same thing.

The smoking is out of order. And I think you have reason to say you won’t drive it until it’s been deep cleaned if you want. The law states you can’t smoke if more than one person drives because there is some evidence it’s not great for you. I’d personally not be bothered - but I also personally wouldn’t dream of ever smoking in a cab I didn’t own.

1. air fresheners can be bloody repugnant and as for those poncy airwick auto one’s (or whatever they’re called) they should be banned from cabs full stop! Any trampers truck I drive that has them the first thing I do is turn them off I don’t want to be breathing that chemical vapour into my lungs all night nor do I want it settling on my travellers mug or sarnies, hate them with a passion!

2. Cleaning and or other bulky stuff left in the drivers door pocket also irritates the [zb] out of me mostly because it rubs the side of your shin all night, they often get relocated too.

3. No excusing not putting the Anderson lead back in an outer locker or leaving additional rubbish around.

It could have been worse, one of our relief drivers suffers from weeping sores on his legs. We affectionately call him ‘The Leper’ and one holiday week I copped for him on my company motor.
Put me gear back in Sunday and the bed was covered In little yellow marks, to be fair I couldn’t distinguish between his stains and me own so just cracked open a fresh pack of wetwipes and knocked one out.

Don’t think anyones ever had the cheek to move an airfreshner though.

edd1974:
Ah yes but at least he didn’t retune all your set radio stations with radio 1 heart capital etc.

no but he took my jam cd out :exclamation:

sammym:
So you left it how you like it when you drive it. And he left it how he likes it when he drives it.

Same thing.

The smoking is out of order. And I think you have reason to say you won’t drive it until it’s been deep cleaned if you want. The law states you can’t smoke if more than one person drives because there is some evidence it’s not great for you. I’d personally not be bothered - but I also personally wouldn’t dream of ever smoking in a cab I didn’t own.

so he prefers to drive with the spare number plate gone awol , Anderson lead chucked on passenger floor and the air freshners God knows where
I empty the truck out on a Friday , but should you have to really take some gel air freshners out , take the spare number plate out from behind the drivers seat because it impedes his driving :question: :exclamation:
I honestly can’t see anything impeding his capabilities to drive the truck , air freshners , spare number plates :question: :exclamation: it’s just a bloody stupid game the idiots play safe in the knowledge they’ll not have to answer for it as t.0 won’t tell you who’s had it
we’ve got one who unplugs / unscrews the reversing camera , puts it in drawer for what ever reason , why , if you don’t want to use it just ignore the bloody thing , do you really need to unplug it and put it in the drawer in every truck you use
ive moved stuff in other trampers trucks , but at the end of my shift I always put it back exactly as it was when I got in , I don’t hide the bloody stuff , I just put it back exactly where it was

Dozy is your name Stobart ?
No shut the F up it’s not your truck

dozy:

sammym:

so he prefers to drive with the spare number plate gone awol , Anderson lead chucked on passenger floor and the air freshners God knows where
I empty the truck out on a Friday , but should you have to really take some gel air freshners out , take the spare number plate out from behind the drivers seat because it impedes his driving :question: :exclamation:
I honestly can’t see anything impeding his capabilities to drive the truck , air freshners , spare number plates :question: :exclamation: it’s just a bloody stupid game the idiots play safe in the knowledge they’ll not have to answer for it as t.0 won’t tell you who’s had it
we’ve got one who unplugs / unscrews the reversing camera , puts it in drawer for what ever reason , why , if you don’t want to use it just ignore the bloody thing , do you really need to unplug it and put it in the drawer in every truck you use
ive moved stuff in other trampers trucks , but at the end of my shift I always put it back exactly as it was when I got in , I don’t hide the bloody stuff , I just put it back exactly where it was

I really think you should get a new career the job don’t fit you
Why the hell do you care what they do to the truck you are a part time tramper 4 nights you are a blow in and you expect things to be the same when you come back
It must be horrible going to work for you and thats because your in the wrong job you would probably be very good at flipping burgers in McDonald’s

blue estate:
Dozy is your name Stobart ?
No shut the F up it’s not your truck

so why do they say Your truck , is going for a service , is due a mot , you need to take Your truck to Appleton to exchange it for a new one
Your truck hasn’t got back so you’ll have to use bills truck today :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: bills truck :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
it’s ■■■■■■■■ and you know it , there no need to bloody touch air freshners other than you’re being a ■■■■■■■ , I mean in all my days if I come into a truck full of fuel / ad blue I’d make sure that’s how the driver would get it back , why move the spare number plate from behind the seat , is it impeding his bloody view or something
like I say it’s a bloody game , a bloody childish one at that , it was left spotless , full of diesel /ad blue , all ready to go , and he asks like a ■■■■ .
the problem is now zb it , I’ve had enough , they can’t have it on the red , no ad blue , spend a hour looking for the number plate etc ,
it’s sad really because the decent ones will suffer , just because some are ■■■■■

Reef:

1. air fresheners can be bloody repugnant and as for those poncy airwick auto one’s (or whatever they’re called) they should be banned from cabs full stop! Any trampers truck I drive that has them the first thing I do is turn them off I don’t want to be breathing that chemical vapour into my lungs all night nor do I want it settling on my travellers mug or sarnies, hate them with a passion!

It’s always the stinky trampers that have them as well, hung on a screw above the passenger door so it’s pointing directly at your head and with the auto button set to every 30 seconds because buying a new one every week is cheaper than the gas/electric it would cost them to get a bath like any normal human being :unamused: . Switching them off is the first thing I did when I spotted them at the start of a shift.

here you go they were on top of the bunk , so this is how they were , are you seriously telling me they impede your driving , makes you wonder how I cope , and he’d put my bloody windscreen flag on top of bunk , as if that’s in your eye line :unamused:

Rob K:

Reef:

It’s always the stinky trampers that have them as well, hung on a screw above the passenger door so it’s pointing directly at your head and with the auto button set to every 30 seconds because buying a new one every week is cheaper than the gas/electric it would cost them to get a bath like any normal human being :unamused: . Switching them off is the first thing I did when I spotted them at the start of a shift.

I’m on peanuts / buttons as well you know so can only afford cheap gel ones from wait rose

dozy:
and he’d put my bloody windscreen flag on top of bunk , as if that’s in your eye line :unamused:

Perhaps he wasn’t a fan of Melchester Rovers? :bulb: :laughing:

Rob K:

Reef:

I have a minimum of a shower a day and my Mrs buys me David beckham ( 2 cans a week ) , so yes I’m a tramper and I do smell , but it’s a very nice smell !!!

dozy:

Rob K:

Reef:

I’m on peanuts / buttons as well you know so can only afford cheap gel ones from wait rose

3 within a foot of each other is completely unnecessary unless you stink to high heaven. The 2 on the right look like they’re taking up valuable pen and phone storage space to me so there’s a high chance they’d have been moved to the passenger footwell, along with the stupid [zb] banner in the middle of the windscreen which blocks vision in front of the cab. I very nearly flattened a guy whilst manoeuvring in a dark yard because a windcreen banner similar to that partially blocked my vision and the guy’s top half was hidden behind it. If the banner hadn’t been there I’d have seen him easily. Why do you need them anyway? Do you have football banners filled your front bay window at home?

If your cab and your body/clothes are clean why the need for air fresheners??
I wont have one in the cab as most smell like public toilet fresh block.
Havent driven my truck for a while but the missus leaves it smelling sublime… :stuck_out_tongue:

Reef:

2. Cleaning and or other bulky stuff left in the drivers door pocket also irritates the [zb] out of me mostly because it rubs the side of your shin all night, they often get relocated too.

3. No excusing not putting the Anderson lead back in an outer locker or leaving additional rubbish around.

Totally agree 100% on all points

sammym:

Same thing.

No, not really.

I do agency work and I will often be given a truck to drive which is driven by a regular driver for 95% of the time, I make it a rule to touch as little as possible for the day/week I am in it. I will adjust the seat and the steering wheel but otherwise I leave everything else alone, and I do get sent on the agency’s best-paying jobs because the client has commented to the agency (and to me) about the respect I have for the regular driver’s work space.

I suppose it is because I tramped for so long with an assigned truck that I adopt the “Do as you would be done by” approach.

Harry Monk:

sammym:

Same thing.

No, not really.

I do agency work and I will often be given a truck to drive which is driven by a regular driver for 95% of the time, I make it a rule to touch as little as possible for the day/week I am in it. I will adjust the seat and the steering wheel but otherwise I leave everything else alone, and I do get sent on the agency’s best-paying jobs because the client has commented to the agency (and to me) about the respect I have for the regular driver’s work space.

I suppose it is because I tramped for so long with an assigned truck that I adopt the “Do as you would be done by” approach.

And what do you do when you open the door and are faced with a 10ft deep pelmet, frilly curtains blocking all side vision, tables, name plates, 100s of flags from places the driver has never been to, cuddly toys, bull fighting spears, metal dancing women on bendy sticks, satnav holders, phone holders all blocking your view out of the windscreen? Then there’s the camping stove, kettle, grill, aftermarket 200L fridge all filling the engine hump area so you’ve nowhere to put your own stuff as well.

If trampers are working for a company where trucks are run 24/7 then they should accept that they need to fully remove all their kit and tat at the end of every shift so as to leave the truck in a fit state for the next driver. It should not be the next driver’s job to spend a bunch of time clearing all their junk just so that they can do their job. If you want your “own” truck where no-one else drives it then you have 2 options : 1. become an OD and buy your own. 2. go work for a company with a 1-man-1-truck policy.

Your “respect” argument works both ways. :bulb: And for the record my approach to dealing with issue has never had any impact on getting the “best-paying jobs” either.