Weekend idiots / musical chairs

Harry Monk:

sammym:
So you left it how you like it when you drive it. And he left it how he likes it when he drives it.

Same thing.

No, not really.

I do agency work and I will often be given a truck to drive which is driven by a regular driver for 95% of the time, I make it a rule to touch as little as possible for the day/week I am in it. I will adjust the seat and the steering wheel but otherwise I leave everything else alone, and I do get sent on the agency’s best-paying jobs because the client has commented to the agency (and to me) about the respect I have for the regular driver’s work space.

I suppose it is because I tramped for so long with an assigned truck that I adopt the “Do as you would be done by” approach.

I was brought up that way too, shame people like us with that mindset seem to be a minority.

As for air fresheners I have a couple of hanging ones, bit of febreeze every morning and light a candle after cooking. Keeps the truck smelling of clean.

dozy:
what is it with this lot where they can’t help but move things , now I’m not on about bedding left on bunk ( that goes home ) , clothes left in lockers ( that goes home ) , I’m on about 3 bloody air freshners that I could work fine where they were all being stored away God knows where , the spare number plate behind drivers seat gone , where , who bloody knows , my cleaning stuff that was all stored in drivers door cubby hole is now in the bloody passenger door cubby hole , the Anderson lead that was store in tray at back of cab in now chucked on the passenger footwell :unamused: :smiling_imp:
I suppose I shouldn’t moan as I’ve now got the silver foil tray pies are in as a ash tray , I don’t bloody smoke
amazing he’s got all this time to zb around moving things but no time to fill the Lorry back up with diesel / ad - blue as it was left .
and what does the bloody office say about all this at midnight on a Sunday write it on your defect sheet , and no we can’t tell you who had your truck
does my head in :smiling_imp:

Can you show any Stobart orgovernment rules,restriction about where must keep Andersen lead cable or number plate.But all what you said it is just you dream,rules.If you very clean man that why you need this air spray?

Rob K:

Reef:

1. air fresheners can be bloody repugnant and as for those poncy airwick auto one’s (or whatever they’re called) they should be banned from cabs full stop! Any trampers truck I drive that has them the first thing I do is turn them off I don’t want to be breathing that chemical vapour into my lungs all night nor do I want it settling on my travellers mug or sarnies, hate them with a passion!

It’s always the stinky trampers that have them as well, hung on a screw above the passenger door so it’s pointing directly at your head and with the auto button set to every 30 seconds because buying a new one every week is cheaper than the gas/electric it would cost them to get a bath like any normal human being :unamused: . Switching them off is the first thing I did when I spotted them at the start of a shift.

With you both on this one. The stink is usually worse than the smell it’s pretending to disguise and almost certainly way more harmful to the respiratory system. You just end up with two pongs for the price of one! Robert

There’s 2 sides to it. Of course it’s not the trampers truck. The company own it. And it’s up to the company whether they want to repair cosmetic damage or not and it’s up to the company who they choose to allocate it to and your days off and holidays, and it annoys me when drivers get wound up at the company “letting a day or night man use it”…get a grip

The other side is a tramper has to live it in all week and it’s only right that the other drivers who use it respect that by keeping it as clean as when they found it, not messing around with someone else’s belongings and if for whatever reason they have had to leave it in a mess such as mud all over the footwell and for whatever reason can’t clean it, or they’ve had to move some stuff for whatever reason at least just leave a note explaining or tell the office.

There’s no excuse for leaving litter and that but from being a day man before you don’t always have access to cleaning products to leave it perfect.

It’s all just about having that little bit of respect for someone else. Not hard is it eh?

Very simple, take everything home, anderson lead number plate (and the one that helps you remember youre name) all the tat and junk everything don’t fuel it or clean it.

And when and if the the boy with the pointy shoes and the half finished haircut says anything you just shrug youre shoulders.

Dozy you must know.In ■■■■■■■■■■■ near AG BARRS can park night out or no?thank.

mike68:
Very simple, take everything home number plate (and the one that helps you remember youre name

:laughing::grimacing:

For several years I had to share a truck with a night man. At first, it was fine, because we both had the same ideas about our workplace. Then he left and his replacement was one of those who like to decorate the cab. Now, all he did was to drive sixty miles or so to the hub, tip, hang around sleeping for four or five hours, load and drive back to the yard.

I asked him nicely and then we ‘had words’ before it got to the point, where before I started work, I would put the banners, air fresheners, dangly things, pictures of his kids etc etc into a cardboard box and leave them in the canteen. It went on like this for a few months before he got fired for stealing diesel.