WEEKEND BAN

I have thought about this for a long while and I can not think of one good reason why any trucks should be on the road at the weekend. How about a ban from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.

Er, why? :confused:

Chas Malthouse:
I have thought about this for a long while

Do explain in greater detail then… :unamused: :wink:

How many of you out there who drive the same truck every day can honestly say that you made sure all your lights were working and the lenses were clean when you started your last shift?

Chas Malthouse:
How many of you out there who drive the same truck every day can honestly say that you made sure all your lights were working and the lenses were clean when you started your last shift?

:unamused: :unamused: I always do…it’s called adaily check :unamused: :unamused:

and I am guessing you put this in the wrong place… :wink:

Chas Malthouse:
How about a ban from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.

And then all the supermarkets could close on Mondays because they’d have ‘naff all’ to sell, and the local milkman could also have the day off, and there’d be some awesomely bloated cows roaming the fields.

Let me guess. Is ‘caravanning’ your hobby?
:unamused: :unamused:

is a long while about 5 seconds? you should be a politician…

Ahhh !! Its Jeremy Vine !

Chas Malthouse:
I have thought about this for a long while and I can not think of one good reason why any trucks should be on the road at the weekend. How about a ban from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.

Well after that question im off for a lie down and then theraphy.
sorry but nowdays weekends are same as weekdays and the only culprits for that are us by not refusing to work weekends in the first place same as agency stuff.
wonders why u ask such a question!!!
monday to friday 9 hours aday aT £10 per hour Im up for that

Chas Malthouse:

and what the hel has this gotta do with the original albiet silly question■■?

chas do you actually work in transport or industry for that matter?, if you do then you would know a lot of of plants/factories need 24/7 deliveries to keep running, i know of two on our contract that take caustic every day of the year, thats just the way the world is. i personally would like to see what the do gooders would do when they go down to sainburys on a sunday for their soya beans and lentils only to find theres nowt on the shelves :laughing: as for my lights the get checked daily, also get cleaned as im tipping same as windows, its called having a bit of pride in your job.

And then all the supermarkets could close on Mondays because they’d have ‘naff all’ to sell, and the local milkman could also have the day off, and there’d be some awesomely bloated cows roaming the fields.

Let me guess. Is ‘caravanning’ your hobby?

:laughing: :laughing:

bossjock:
Ahhh !! Its Jeremy Vine !

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Am I not the only one who has dialled 999, I am seriously worried about Chas. I hope he’s not one of those 5 ambassadors who has been kidnapped. WHERE IS HE■■? I need him to explain this, you never know he could also have the answer to life, the universe and everything!!! :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

I might go for it if cars are banned during the week along with all the modes of transport driven or riden my Mr and Mrs Vague and their son Pondlife Junior.

I have a lot of concern and worry about the future regards road transport. I feel I am doing my bit and have installed a railhead at the local news-agent, last years newspaper is due to arrive later this month, looking forward to that. I have also started feasibility studies into transport by the old and may I say under used cannel system. I have such a cannel at the bottom of our road, okay the ducks aren’t happy and think I am quakers. Early days yet on that, had a few drawbacks, but I am hopeful of a good result on that, just need to find some Hi Vis Waterwings.

Andy

PS: Can anyone help me get me Volvo out of the cannel

Chas Malthouse:
I have thought about this for a long while and I can not think of one good reason why any trucks should be on the road at the weekend.

Weekend premiums of time and a half is good enough reason for me.

Limestone Cowboy:
WHERE IS HE???quote]

leicester say no more :laughing: :laughing: :wink: someone left the door unlocked last night and the pc logged on :unamused:

also chas being a part time driver like your profile says ,surely you’d make more money friday to monday :question:

jon

Have been truck driving since 1978 and have been just about everywhere in the UK. I am not a caravanner. Obviously there will be no replies from people who do not do their daily checks. Have made so much money from the job I now only need to work part time. Yes including some weekends. Just trying to get some of you guys thinking? why trucking? You may be better off in another industry.

I would like to be an Avon Lady

Andy