Wednesday strikes

it will be an interesting day on wednesday. public sector workers are set to go on strike. this will include the UKBA.
so i reckon, if you are going to exceed your allowances, then wednesday is the day.
make the most of it, and good luck. :wink: :laughing:

All the traffic info boards near Oxford are warning of demo in city centre. If I have to go into city then the nkers wont get a toot of support from meā€¦

Will our friends at VOSA be working?

WEDNESDAY IS TACHO FREE DAY!

And because some of the schools are closed because of it, Im not working :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Interestingly Vosa have not been in Portsmouth terminal to greet my arrival on a Sunday morning for 2 years 5 months and 3weeks but they were there today which was a surprise,then I remembered the forthcoming strike and assumed this was them ensuring taking a day off for industrial action will not actually be a financial burden.

All truck drivers should be striking on the same day!

Work more, for longer and get less at the end of it??

I donā€™t blame 'em!

One day strike? Just a day day off to some :unamused:

IT SHOULDā€™VE BEEN A MONTH OF SOLID STRIKES!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Goldfinger:
Work more, for longer and get less at the end of it??

I donā€™t blame 'em!

One day strike? Just a day day off to some :unamused:

IT SHOULDā€™VE BEEN A MONTH OF SOLID STRIKES!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

We should have all worked harder at becoming devious slimebags in our formative years and become MPs or the like.Then,work less for fewer years,and get a lot more at the end.All at our expense. :imp: :imp:

news.sky.com/home/business/article/16002704

All my working life all Iā€™ve ever heard from the bosses is that the working man needs to work harder for less money. The day they take their own advice is the day i might listen to that claptrap! As for you ā€œworkingā€ people who are against workers trying to hold onto what little they have you make me ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  puke!

Even with the new deal they still have a seriously better pension than the private sector, and if you retire in the next 10 years the new deal doesnā€™t effect you!

Im sorry a lot of time i can empathise with strikers but ive got a real distaste for this one.

Actually im thinking it will be a good day on Wednesday, no schools usually means light traffic.

merc0447:
Even with the new deal they still have a seriously better pension than the private sector, and if you retire in the next 10 years the new deal doesnā€™t effect you!

Im sorry a lot of time i can empathise with strikers but ive got a real distaste for this one.

Actually im thinking it will be a good day on Wednesday, no schools usually means light traffic.

Did you bother to read the link before rattling your gums?

44 Tonne Ton:

merc0447:

Why would i read a link when what i have said is entirely true? Im a taxpayer i want value for what i contribute i do not get value with public sector pensions they are so disproportional to the private sector its unreal. Im fully within my rights to be against this strike.

merc0447:

Well Iā€™m striking, the Government changed my pension terms in 2008, they gave me a 2 year pay freeze in 2009 which has been extended until 2015, they are now after taking my enhanced pay for working nights, weekends, bank holidays, Xmas and new year, Iā€™m expected to now work until Iā€™m 67, I have to give an extra Ā£50-Ā£70 per month on my pension (3% increase) and work an extra 12 years before I can draw this pension, also my lump sum will be taxed at 25%, I work for a Foundation Trust (which means they can set local agreement wages) my trust wants me to go from Ā£26,547 per year to Ā£18,000 per year, Iā€™ve spent 3 years at Uni and 6 years working and training up to this wage, I work 13.5 hrs per day and have a 40min break, when I clock on/off I have to use a hand scanner and employee number if Iā€™m 2 mind late, I lose 30 mins pay, if Iā€™m over my finish time at the end of the shift, itā€™s classed as a gratuity to the trust, I donā€™t get overtime, if I have an unwell patient and itā€™s end of shift, Iā€™m not just gonna leave and not help, I not asking for a fortune just a pension,

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.001753,-1.675380

merc0447:

44 Tonne Ton:

merc0447:

Why would i read a link when what i have said is entirely true? Im a taxpayer i want value for what i contribute i do not get value with public sector pensions they are so disproportional to the private sector its unreal. Im fully within my rights to be against this strike.

And the ruling class wins again! Divide and ruleā€¦donā€™t believe everything you read/hear in the media!

So how much do the Union Bosses earn then?

merc0447:

merc0447:

What he said. Iā€™ll support the public sector on the day they support driversā€™ demands for a 40 hour week, inflation-proof pension, as many sick days due to ā€œstressā€ as they can comfortably achieve, etc. Not before.

I was going to strike, but is the government going to listen - NO!

A lot of public sector workers will be in the pub Tuesday night then I take it. :laughing:

EVERY Working person should be out on strike, and I mean Everyone apart from these corporate and parliamentary money grabbers.

They expect everyone to cut back and work more for less, Why? Oh so they can take a bit more of the pot away from the common worker

I wonder when I am allowed to get Holiday Pay or Sick pay, apart from Stat sick pay, Probably never at this rate, and the DPC well forget it, I cant afford to pay for that myself at the moment, then medical in a few years, oh I have to pay again, Im fed up of wondering When I will be at work.
I just want a full time job which allows me to have weekends off due to childcare and 2 years fighting for my son so that I have him those weekends, Sadly most places want like Tuesday to Sunday drivers, Ok then, when would i spend quality time with my son??

Sorry for the rant, tbh, I am Fā€™d off with England, greedy corporations and a incompetent government

PinkLadyTrucker:
EVERY Working person should be out on strike, and I mean Everyone apart from these corporate and parliamentary money grabbers.

oh an addition to that part

Most workers cannot afford to have a day off